Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

211 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I’ve been watching all the reruns and have never missed any of them. Please reconsider on cancelling the show. It is the best thing I have ever watched. It won’t be the same waiting for something else, when I know all the time and dates I always look forward too. Please don’t cancel. All of the actors are the best I ever seen and they just can’t leave us. PLE ASE RECONSIDER! ! ! ! ! from one of your best fans of FLASHPOINT

2. Ritchie says

I love this show, you guys made this show at first for a reason why end it now. You guys should make more episode and at least 2 or 3 more seasons. Don’t understand why start Tv series like this and end it/ cancel it in the middle.

3. Andy says

This show has taught many people different values, and actually gives cops an amazing look. People aren’t afraid of bad cops, and are willing to look to them for help. This show has made many go in tears, even the toughest of men. The thought and creative process behind it is phenomenal. If you take it off, the show would end with people wanting more. You need to finish it off strong, Finish it off where they all have to go in retirement, especially with the change of squad leader. I will be looking forward to season 6, and if there isn’t one, Millions of people will be sad. Don’t take this away.

4. Ray says

Hey guys we want more….this is an awsome show and widely watched. Please don’t end it bring it back with a new twist. We don’t want it to end just yet.

5. Daniel Howard says

I hate to see this show end. I love this show. I’ve seen every episode and loved them all. Please, give the fans what they want. More Flashpoint. Sgt. Parker, Jules, Ed, Spike, Wordy, Sam, and sometimes Lia, lol. I will miss y’all. DEARLY

6. DIANE PEREIRA says

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I can’t wait to see it again, I’ve been going through withdrawals,
    Please don’t take it off?

7. ARNOLD AND ELIZABETH says

WE REALLY LIKED THE SHOW AND LOOKED FORWARD TO IT COMING ON!!!!!! ON ION CHANNEL, NEVER WATCHED ON ANY OTHER CHANNEL AND WISH YOU WOULD BRING FLASHPOINT BACK, AND I WAS ALSO THINKING YOU GUYS COULD HAVE COMBINED CRIMINAL MINDS AND FLASHPOINT…… THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME I MEAN AWESOME SHOW TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE REALLY HATE THAT YOU LEFT AND WISH YOU COULD GET ALL THE TEAMS TOGETHER BEING THAT THEY WENT THEIR SEPARATE WAYS TO DIFFERENT TEAMS AT THE END. I AM SURE WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES ASKING/ BEGGING YOU TO PUT THE SHOW BACK ON!

8. Debi says

I love this show, it beats reality tv. Sad this show is being cancelled. Why leave reality on.
    Would be nice if the powers that be would change their minds.

9. vicki fraser says

Yes I loved that show. Always actioned packed love the cast very tight knit family. was nice to watch, no swearing ,no sex and not gory. Thanks to the cast for a wonderful Canadian show!!!!

10. weira says

I am very disappointed that flashpoint is ending. I absolutely love flashpoint and watched the full 5 seasons on youtube over 3 days. Absolutely hooked and im now watching extras. Will miss Greg parker, Ed lane, spike scarlotti, sam braddock, jules callahan and donna sabine (aka team 1). I shall be buying the boxset x

11. Theresa says

I totally love this show!!! I have watched it from day 1!!! It is such a total disappointment and shame that you would quit such a fantastic show and a great group of actors… I am so upset that you would not keep this show going! Is there anyone out there who would pick this series up and keep it going?

12. GK says

Flashpoint is the best show on TV, and my family are very disappointed that it’s not returning for the 6th season. It’s so alarming to know that ‘the best show’ has been cancelled and why is that? We just don’t understand why discontinue a very good program like this with a very substantial premise.

• ARNOLD AND ELIZABETH says

WERE WITH YA! we don’t get it either and being that they could have even done a show with Criminal Minds also, they had so many shows still ahead they could have done i am really curious to know why also!!!!