Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Michael Parsons August 14, 2013 at 12:16 am

I totally agree with all the collective posts, it never fails that successful shows meet unexpected endings. This is normal for networks seeking larger profits with total disregard to viewers desires. Flashpoint is the one program that I really looked forward to each and every week, and will surely be missed. It is too late to suggest a final show, but it should be a two-hour special where the sponsored networks and producers (CTS, CBS & ION)) be subject to terrorists and the SRU Team cannot resolve a solution since they no longer exist! What a shame where the same people that pulled the plug on the show cannot be saved. That would be worth watching. I am aging myself but I am still disappointed when the Howdy Doody Show was replaced with Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop in 1960. Then there’s Capt Kangaroo…. Goodbye Flashpoint, guess I will watch reruns until the are pulled.

cindy July 18, 2013 at 10:28 am

I am absolutely devasted over this news of Flashpoint ending!! Please, it’s not too late to reconsider.

Trista July 15, 2013 at 11:32 pm

It suck that this show is not going to be on any more. This is one of my favorite ones. It will be missed

deb July 8, 2013 at 10:15 pm

please dont cancel my favorite show

tracy July 4, 2013 at 9:51 pm

why is it when there is a good show such as Flashpoint with high ratings, it always gets cancelled?

Joanne July 4, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Flashpoint will be sorely missed. The cast had an amazing way of endearing themselves to the fans. Feel like I’m saying goodbye to friends.

Dee July 4, 2013 at 12:26 am

We didn’t quit on you, YOU QUIT ON US! What ashame you are making a big mistake. I for one do not care to watch anything else you produce because I wouldn’t want you to “quit” again! I hope you are happy because the fans ARE NOT!!!

admin July 4, 2013 at 10:25 am

So when someone creates a show, they should be prepared to keep it going forever? Do you think I Love Lucy should be in its 62nd season? Will you stay in your job for the rest of your life? Kinda silly. Shows run their course.

Barbara m Taylor June 19, 2013 at 7:22 pm

please bring back flashpoint my favorite show I enjoy watch cast please Barbara .

Anonymous June 19, 2013 at 1:05 am

Bring back Flashpoint. Make CBS pick up ALL. Best show on TV after Person of Interest. Criminal Minds CLOSE 3RD.

Rosey June 15, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Flashpoint was the most awsome show I’ve ever seen it made me sort of Wunna b a cop but since its been cancelled that career dream might go down the drain. Love the show please reconsider canceling the show ! PLEASE for ur fans !!!!!!

Sandra May 28, 2013 at 12:24 am

Flashpoint is also one of the best shows ive ever seen on tv.Please reconsider!!!I missed episode 80 where can i see it?

Joanne May 14, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Please dont cancel this show i love it too much. i can say its my favourite and a plus because its taken in toronto. PLEASE

Laura May 13, 2013 at 5:29 pm

This is seriously the best TV show I’ve ever seen and the fact that you are cancelling it tears me apart. PLEASE reconsider. Whatever the complications are, please work through them and bring FLASHPOINT back to its fans.

Eileen Smith April 29, 2013 at 1:05 am

THIS IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOUR CAREERS!!!! I know it’s a done deal but I still can’t believe you QUIT on Flashpoint fans. It’s been almost a year now since the show ended and everyone I know thinks it should of continued for at least another three seasons. It still would of been as you say “on a high note” for years. I feel used as a fan. Let down. From all the awards Flashpoint earned it is obvious it ended way before it should of. People wanted more and still do. I want to say “HOW DARE YOU” but I know it will fall on deaf ears. ALL FLASHPOINT FANS ARE IN MOURNING. You killed a wonderful friend we all admired and couldn’t wait to see week after week. I’m so disgusted with you….way to go…….

Sharon Mustos May 8, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Wow, Eileen. I just came across your comment today. I am a producer with the show “Flashpoint”. So sorry to have disappointed you and so many other fans of the show. We miss the show too but there were many reasons to say goodbye when we did. This business is very complicated but we were proud of our final Season and especially our final two episodes, where we really did get the chance to wrap things up and say goodbye in a manner that was respectful to our audience. We are sorry that you feel that you are in mourning. Want you to know that we always appreciated our great fans.

marlon lazo April 27, 2013 at 1:08 am

This show is the best ive ever seen I hope yall take out atleast 2 to 3 more seasons WITH THE SAME CARACTERES….PLEASE DONT FINISH IT NOW….