Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

Lawmen
      Fit for Duty
      Keep the Peace: Part 1
      Keep the Peace: Part 2

I believe its season 5

1. Kyle says

I love this show bring flashpoint back to make more series. The actors are fantastic I wish I was a cop they know how to keep the peace.

2. Jackie says

I love this show I really want a sixth season they shouldn’t have cancel it…. I was really getting into it I jut didn’t want it to end sooo soon… I really want it to come back

3. Vic says

I am so disappointed. I enjoyed the show. I liked that the tactics used in the series are life like and not farfetched like in some series. The characters personalities play off of each other like a close unit should be. The true to life situations that police officers go through are reflected in the series. I will miss the show and I hope that the “powers that be” will change their mind and renew the show.

4. Tony Bandiera says

How pathetic to cancel such a superbly written TV series. The series incompussed life as it is without the US holiwood drama of over kill and abusive language. The series was responsibly written and delivered. Bravo to the writers producers and directors…
    Canada you put the US to shame with your accountability of descent productions aired to the Canadian public…

5. rosalie says

Really liked this show….soooooo disappointed …thought the acting was suburb. Really gonna miss it not a lot of good stuff on tv.

6. Kat says

This was one show that had action throughout and not a lot of nonsense. The actors were phenomenal. Why cancel a good thing? I was captivated from the first episode and watched them all on Netflix. I hope you create a Season 6.

7. Jasmine says

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Please make another season!!!!!! It can’t end like this!!!! This was the best show on tv!!!!! Think of your fans and everything :(((((((((((((((

8. JD says

Love the show hate to see it go but I do understand all shows end. At least it ended in class.
    Farewell to one of the best shows on tv. Thanks for one he’ll of a ride.

9. Debbie says

I just watched the last season on Netflix and got a bad feeling when I saw the end. This was the best show on TV. I was bummed when it changed channels and I had to wait so long to see it. Can we have a spin off–Jules and Sam??? Anything?

• cody says

I wiuld like to see another flashpoint season. I was agrivated when I found out that season 5 was the last one because I really like that show and want to see at least one more season just to show that they all r doi g fine with the new changes in life and how sam does as a team 3 leader and how the boss does now that he is retired and is a teacher now for the force.

10. Cheryl says

Love this show and all the actors! Great entertainment. Wish you would bring it back. Thanks for all the the hours of great entertainment.