Flashpoint: CBS Orders More Episodes But Is That the End?

FlashpointA couple weeks ago, we reported that President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler said that the network had six leftover episodes of Flashpoint and that they “most likely” would air over the Summer. She noted that the TV show has been a good utility player for CBS but didn’t indicate if it had much of a future there.

CBS licenses Flashpoint from Canada and ran most of the season three episodes last summer. CTV has already ordered season four and those 18 episodes are currently being produced.

It’s now being reported that CBS has licensed seven of those new installments of Flashpoint, will combine them with the leftover six, and run the 13 episodes this summer.

ION has purchased a syndication package of the 62 episodes of Flashpoint, including the 11 episodes that CBS didn’t purchase. The cable channel is expected to begin running the series sometime after the CBS run.

This is certainly good news for faithful viewers but it seems like this may signal the end of Flashpoint on CBS. Fortunately, it looks like the show’s future isn’t dependent on CBS’ participation since CTV ordered season four without the US network.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear there’s more Flashpoint coming?

Jesus M Rivera & Carmen Ortiz September 29, 2012 at 5:20 pm

This show must not end, we must come together to let the producers know how much we love this show. If anybody starts a petition please let me know. If Canada does not want the show, the U.S.A should pick it up. Ratings will never be a problem. We lost C.S.I Miami, let’s not lose another great show.
To ION or CBS. Pick up this show!!!!!!!!!

anthony robbins August 18, 2012 at 4:26 pm

LOVE FLASHPOINT .HATE HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER CANCEL IT.

Dennis August 16, 2012 at 6:07 pm

One of the best shows on television!!

Lia July 29, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I’ve only just lately found this program. About 6 months ago. Iam happy that they are on Netflix and that all progams from 2008 to present. Am watching one episode now.
I LOVE this program, it is my all time favorite. I hope that it will stay on air and keep making new programs. PLEASE KEEP IT ON THE AIR> PLEEEZE = D

Barbara May 14, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I enjoy this show very much and the roles each play .Please stay on the air.

Janel November 11, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I love this show! Keep it going!!!!!!

anthony robbins August 18, 2012 at 4:24 pm

love flashpoint. please cancel how I met you mother. THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST STUPID SHOWS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Jackie November 4, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I love this show. I think it needs to stay on.

Spike November 1, 2011 at 5:28 am

I really hope they’ll renew the show. I saw one of the actor on another show this week and my first thought was “Oh no!, they’ve cancelled Flashpoint!” I just discovered the series this Summer and now I’m addicted!

Paule Metayer November 3, 2011 at 9:54 am

So, am I . I really love thsi show. The story lines agreat so move, and heart-ranching. You can’t help but watch. There’s just a hole lot of emotions, and I love it. So please bring it back, as soon as possiable. I have never cryed so much, and thats because I love it sooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Janelle October 31, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I look forward to watching this each week. I enjoy all of the characters

Donna October 28, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I love this show, it need to stay. We need more shows like this. Real !!!!