Flashpoint: CBS Orders More Episodes But Is That the End?

FlashpointA couple weeks ago, we reported that President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler said that the network had six leftover episodes of Flashpoint and that they “most likely” would air over the Summer. She noted that the TV show has been a good utility player for CBS but didn’t indicate if it had much of a future there.

CBS licenses Flashpoint from Canada and ran most of the season three episodes last summer. CTV has already ordered season four and those 18 episodes are currently being produced.

It’s now being reported that CBS has licensed seven of those new installments of Flashpoint, will combine them with the leftover six, and run the 13 episodes this summer.

ION has purchased a syndication package of the 62 episodes of Flashpoint, including the 11 episodes that CBS didn’t purchase. The cable channel is expected to begin running the series sometime after the CBS run.

This is certainly good news for faithful viewers but it seems like this may signal the end of Flashpoint on CBS. Fortunately, it looks like the show’s future isn’t dependent on CBS’ participation since CTV ordered season four without the US network.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear there’s more Flashpoint coming?

Canceled and renewed TV show

154 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Eric says

The show it terrific, absolutely terrific…very glad it will continue and hopefully future episodes will be syndicated in the US.

2. Lisa Greene says

I am disappointed that it won’t be coming back on a channel we get! When I find a show I like, the networks mess with the times and days….or the channels. I will miss this show. I really thought it was intelligently written…and had excellent actors/actresses.

3. says

Flashpoint is an excellent show compared to some of the shows that are currently being produced on tv. I am not one who likes comedy on tv, I prefer cop, drama, etc.., and the show flashpoint was indeed an excellent show. Compared to some of the so called new shows, I give them a thumbs down, because i would like to see more realistic shows, and not comedy shows.

4. Chris says

I am so sorry that the network is not renewing Flashpoint.
    I love this show. I made sure I was home on Friday night just to
    watch it. Please bring it back….

5. says

Flashpoint is one of the best shows on and I hope they bring it back or another station picks it up. Seems like Canada has a lot of great shows that for sone reason never last here. It’s a shame that this nation is so hooked on mindless reality shows. Good thing I like to read!

6. says

Is CBS bringing back Flashpoint to it’s network? We really enjoy the show.Hope you do,it’s a great show. Along with Ncis and Blue Bloods.We mostly watch Cbs unless y0u start taking off the good shows and I don’t like reality shows.

7. KLM says

Yes I like this show and hope it will be back. It was on at a good time with CSI NY & Blue Bl0ods which also happen to be great shows

8. Michael Nunn says

My wife & I thoroughly enjoy this show, because of the realism, and attention to detail!! I hope this show comes into it’s own on a full time basis!!

9. robin nyx says

this is a great show. i’m not a true tv fanatic, but i did enjoy this immensely. one of the things i wait for in the summer!

• Anonymous says

Really enjoy that it deals with many underlying issue… It seems to try to provide morale lessons and today we lack that in TV and our social networks.