Flashpoint: Season Three Delayed, Will It Be Cancelled?

Flashpoint season threeCBS has been having a great season. Several of their new shows have been successful and many of their established series are still doing well. Unfortunately, that could be bad news for fans of a little show called Flashpoint.

Flashpoint follows the work of a group of highly trained police officers called the Strategic Response Unit (SRU). The series stars Enrico Colantoni, David Paetkau, Hugh Dillon, Sergio Di Zio, Michael Cram, Mark Taylor, Ruth Marshall, and Amy Jo Johnson.

The show was initially produced for Canada’s CTV and CBS picked up the rights to air season one during the writers strike. It ended up performing well for the network and that led CBS to join CTV in renewing it for seasons two and three.

Are you upset that Flashpoint has been delayed?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Season three of Flashpoint was supposed to begin airing early this year but the network has so much successful programming that the show still hasn’t been put back on the schedule.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, recently told critics at the TCA press tour that Flashpoint was now being pushed outside the regular season. That means that the cop series won’t be back until late-Spring or Summer 2010 at the earliest.

While the show has performed well during the summer months in the past, there’s no guarantee that will continue. The show will have been off the air for almost a year by the time it returns. The longer that the show is off the air, the more likely that viewers — and TV executives — will forget about it.

What do you think? Do you think that CBS will air all 22 episodes of Flashpoint? Do you think that being off the air for so long hurts the show’s chance for a fourth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

199 Comments on "Flashpoint: Season Three Delayed, Will It Be Cancelled?"

Notify of

Tina
Tina
February 6, 2010 8:20 pm

I love flashpoint. It is a great show and I would hate to see it cancelled. The cast is great and I love Amy Jo Johnson in this movie. It proves that women can do men’s thing even if it is only a tv show. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT CANCELL THIS SHOW!!!!!!!

Karen
Karen
February 5, 2010 4:27 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring Flashpoint back. I enjoy it so much. The cast is great. I found a real appreciation for Hugh Dillon and at least can watch him on his other series, Durham County. Going to NBC would also be a good thing at the 10 PM hour, now that timeslot is free. Just consider the people and bring Flashpoint back.

Karen

Tom
Tom
February 2, 2010 5:57 pm

This is a great show! I was so disappointed when it didn’t come back on in the Fall of 2009. It is not just a lot of talk, like many of the police dramas. It is rivoting, from beginning to end. Please bring it back! It made no sense for CBS to leave this off the schedule and put Medium on in it’s place. Especially after NBC cancelled it. I agree with Alex and Mindy. Bring it back in place of the Jay Leno show that was cancelled.

crooksy
crooksy
February 2, 2010 5:49 pm

i hope they do not cancel this show. i have been waiting patiently for its return. cbs needs to put some hype into and watch it fly.

Mindy
Mindy
February 1, 2010 3:54 pm

This is a fantastic show- it’s intense and focused. Keeping such a high quality show on hiatus is not fair to either the show or the fans. In the light of news about The Jay Leno Show being canceled and his subsequent return to the tonight show- PLEASE- bring back Flashpoint on Friday nights.

linda
linda
January 31, 2010 5:04 pm

please renew the series, it is one of the few that all members of our family 13 to 65 actually watch together. great cast.

Jane
Jane
January 31, 2010 10:53 am

This is the best show ever. Please, please don’t cancel it.

lisa
lisa
January 30, 2010 7:02 pm

I hope they don’t cancel it. Even when my husband and I could not stay up to watch it, the DVR was set and we watched it the following night. Please, please, please do not cancel the show. There are no good police drama shows on since NYPD Blue was cancelled, air Flashpoint!

Atalya Nir
Atalya Nir
January 30, 2010 11:03 am

please please don’t cancel the show!! I’m waiting for a new episode like an addict waiting for a fix (but in a good way…). it’s very rare to see quallity shows like this, please don’t take it away from us.
thank you.

-Atalya, an Israeli fan

Alex
Alex
January 29, 2010 9:08 pm

They should sell the rights to the show to NBC who could air it during one of their 10pm openings now that Leno has gone back to latenight and they have a ton of primetime programming to fill

DENISE
DENISE
February 18, 2010 10:28 pm

I AGREE.HOW COME ALL THE GOOD SHOWS GET CANCELLED OR DELAYED.BUT THEY CONTINUE AIRING STUPID SITCOMS AND HALF THE TIME THEY ARE RERUNS

Chris
Chris
January 29, 2010 4:29 am

They should air the show in a non-standard time slot until have an opening in primetime. They have shows in the can, and they paid for them – why not get some airtime even if it is latenight? Then, if one of the others is cancelled, they can bump into a primetime slot. In the mean time, they can continue to sell it in other markets. The key is to produce enough shows to maintain most of the current cast – if they go to other projects, it will be harder to retain its existing fanbase.

Settler
Settler
January 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Please bring this show back. I really love it, and many people that I know love it too. I miss it, and I’m a 64 year old “Grandmother”! So if an old lady loves the show – there must be millions of young people too.

Dutch Canadian
Dutch Canadian
January 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Please do NOT cancel the show. It is very popular in the Netherlands, and I love it! Finally a Canadian show has a chance and you should stick with it. It’s great!

Brianne
January 26, 2010 7:58 pm

They are bringing the show back soon.
I was actually in the show today they were filming season 4 .
Pretty good !

So yees , it is coming back on (:

Sienna
Sienna
January 26, 2010 9:58 am

I really hope Flashpoint comes back on tv.
I like that series very much!
It is very foolish of CBS that they have delayed that SUPER series named Flashpoint!

wpDiscuz