Flashpoint: TV Series “Most Likely” Returning This Summer

FlashpointBig news! At today’s CBS session of the Television Critics Association press tour, President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler mentioned Flashpoint.

The series is produced in Canada for the CTV network and licensed by CBS. Its run for three seasons on CBS to moderate success. At last summer’s press tour, Tassler said that she hadn’t decided about ordering more episodes. The show went off the air in September 2010 and hasn’t been mentioned by the network since. The show has yet to be renewed by CBS but CTV has commissioned a fourth season that’s currently in production.

Today, Tassler said that the network still has a half dozen of unaired episodes of Flashpoint sitting on the shelf. The network will “most likely” air them over the summer. She didn’t touch on the series’ future but it seems Flashpoint is pretty clearly not on the network’s priority list.

What do you think? Will Flashpoint return this summer? Will CBS purchase season four?

Canceled and renewed TV show

179 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Marsha says

I love this show, please bring it back. I never heard much about it until it showed up on ION and I am absolutely amazed every week by this show. This is a show full of tension, surprises, feelings, and is my very favorite show. I am heartsick it was taken off the air and get panicy when I think I may have seen all episodes on ION. It is action packed and the actors are phenomenal. I want this show to run again, please, it is loved by so many. I would to have this show back with the same cast and I promise you I will tune in no matter when or where it is on.

2. Nancy Bouters says

Why would anyone even consider canceling such a fantastic show as Flashpoint with excellent cast members? It’s way up there as one of the best crime dramas ever!

3. Tarena Klutts-Wong says

PLEASE bring Flashpoint back…I am very, very ADDICTED to that show…I LOVE the cast on the show…They all just click to make the show look so real…Its the BEST cop show that has ever come to TV…A BIG Flashpoint fan in Kansas City.

4. sandra says

SERIOUSLY! You need to think about bringing back Flashpoint. Stop straining your brain and just bring it back. Amazing show.

5. cathy says

PLEASE bring Flashpoint back !!! We LOVE>>>LOVE this show. Wish we got it more that just in the summer but our cable company doesn’t offer ION… Come on CBS we here in the northeast LOVE this show!!!

6. Shanon Thompson says

Please keep this show, my son introduced me to it and I know have my boyfriend, roommate, her son, my parents watching! Every person on this show is amazing we can not even decide on a favorite character because we love them all!!!

7. Peggy Clark says

I’ll keep it short and sweet.
    P L E A S E renew Flashpoint. I love that show. It’s more real than most police shows, and I love all of the actors they all have tons of charisma. Please please please renew it.
    A big fan, Peggy Clark

8. Jean C. Wright says

I find this series refreshingly different from most TV police dramas. Subjects are more intense and personalities of “bad guys” are by far more clearly drawn and highly believeabvle as are the “team” member characters. I think cancelling it was a serious mistake. With poor advertisement and support from CBS it took me three seasons to discover the series and I have now begun to look for it. It is intelligent, quick paced and the Police are not always right about EVERYTHING as they are in most other police offerings. Neither to they lie and trick opponents with the bravado seen in most other series. JCW

9. EMR says

I just completed season 4 on NetFlix. OMG whata great show. I loved the chemistry between the characters and the dedication they had for each other and for the communities they served. I hated to read that this season (#5) will be the last season. When you think of shows that have lasted 5, 7, 12, or more years, you can really imagine this show lasting just as long. Granted this type of role is taxing on the actors and they may enjoy a break from it but another 2-3 seasons would have been great, espeically since this is a summer show that normally runs for a shorter time frame making the season smaller; which ultimately provide the actors with other opportunities of acting and even theater that is why I guess I can see another potential 2-3 more years on this series. It’s a shame that they are calling it quits. One thing I love about the show that unlike many cop shows, these officers are held accountable for their actions if they shot someone. They take the measures to counsel and get all details of the operation from the officers because no matter what the character that shot someone took that life and that should never be overlooked. I believe that is what makes this show unique because it sends the message to the viewer that we all have rules to abide by and just cause you may be a law enforceer does not make you separate from the law; these officers also have to abide by the laws and try their hardest to get the person to surrender while not hurting others. The cast work great together and do a wonderful job, if there is any animosity among the cast it is not portrayed on camera, their chemistry is wonderful. The director and producers did a great job in picking the cast (or I should say actors) for this show. I will certainly miss it when its gone. But maybe after a season or two of rest maybe the series can be brought back, why not?? If Punked came back after being ended for 5 years (I believe that is right) why not Flashpoint. I wish luck to the cast of this excellent show.