Flashpoint: TV Series “Most Likely” Returning This Summer

FlashpointBig news! At today’s CBS session of the Television Critics Association press tour, President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler mentioned Flashpoint.

The series is produced in Canada for the CTV network and licensed by CBS. Its run for three seasons on CBS to moderate success. At last summer’s press tour, Tassler said that she hadn’t decided about ordering more episodes. The show went off the air in September 2010 and hasn’t been mentioned by the network since. The show has yet to be renewed by CBS but CTV has commissioned a fourth season that’s currently in production.

Today, Tassler said that the network still has a half dozen of unaired episodes of Flashpoint sitting on the shelf. The network will “most likely” air them over the summer. She didn’t touch on the series’ future but it seems Flashpoint is pretty clearly not on the network’s priority list.

What do you think? Will Flashpoint return this summer? Will CBS purchase season four?

Marsha July 27, 2012 at 10:44 am

I love this show, please bring it back. I never heard much about it until it showed up on ION and I am absolutely amazed every week by this show. This is a show full of tension, surprises, feelings, and is my very favorite show. I am heartsick it was taken off the air and get panicy when I think I may have seen all episodes on ION. It is action packed and the actors are phenomenal. I want this show to run again, please, it is loved by so many. I would to have this show back with the same cast and I promise you I will tune in no matter when or where it is on.

donna July 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I really love this show. PLEASE keep it!!!!

brenda July 19, 2012 at 5:59 pm

keep flashpoint……the show i like the best!

bILL July 17, 2012 at 7:07 am

great show Has a lot of feeling. Bring it back and let the show develope……

Nancy Bouters July 14, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Why would anyone even consider canceling such a fantastic show as Flashpoint with excellent cast members? It’s way up there as one of the best crime dramas ever!

debbiepotvin July 11, 2012 at 5:15 pm

please bring back flashpoint

Tarena Klutts-Wong July 11, 2012 at 3:10 pm

PLEASE bring Flashpoint back…I am very, very ADDICTED to that show…I LOVE the cast on the show…They all just click to make the show look so real…Its the BEST cop show that has ever come to TV…A BIG Flashpoint fan in Kansas City.

Elizbeth July 10, 2012 at 9:16 am

Please don’t cancel Flashpoint is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandra July 1, 2012 at 4:46 pm

SERIOUSLY! You need to think about bringing back Flashpoint. Stop straining your brain and just bring it back. Amazing show.

cathy June 26, 2012 at 4:32 am

PLEASE bring Flashpoint back !!! We LOVE>>>LOVE this show. Wish we got it more that just in the summer but our cable company doesn’t offer ION… Come on CBS we here in the northeast LOVE this show!!!

Tracy Lynn June 25, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Flashpoint….. Quite possibly the best sho ever!!!! Please bring it back!!

Shanon Thompson June 25, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Please keep this show, my son introduced me to it and I know have my boyfriend, roommate, her son, my parents watching! Every person on this show is amazing we can not even decide on a favorite character because we love them all!!!

Peggy Clark June 23, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I’ll keep it short and sweet.
P L E A S E renew Flashpoint. I love that show. It’s more real than most police shows, and I love all of the actors they all have tons of charisma. Please please please renew it.
A big fan, Peggy Clark

Jean C. Wright June 11, 2012 at 11:56 am

I find this series refreshingly different from most TV police dramas. Subjects are more intense and personalities of “bad guys” are by far more clearly drawn and highly believeabvle as are the “team” member characters. I think cancelling it was a serious mistake. With poor advertisement and support from CBS it took me three seasons to discover the series and I have now begun to look for it. It is intelligent, quick paced and the Police are not always right about EVERYTHING as they are in most other police offerings. Neither to they lie and trick opponents with the bravado seen in most other series. JCW

EMR June 11, 2012 at 5:11 am

I just completed season 4 on NetFlix. OMG whata great show. I loved the chemistry between the characters and the dedication they had for each other and for the communities they served. I hated to read that this season (#5) will be the last season. When you think of shows that have lasted 5, 7, 12, or more years, you can really imagine this show lasting just as long. Granted this type of role is taxing on the actors and they may enjoy a break from it but another 2-3 seasons would have been great, espeically since this is a summer show that normally runs for a shorter time frame making the season smaller; which ultimately provide the actors with other opportunities of acting and even theater that is why I guess I can see another potential 2-3 more years on this series. It’s a shame that they are calling it quits. One thing I love about the show that unlike many cop shows, these officers are held accountable for their actions if they shot someone. They take the measures to counsel and get all details of the operation from the officers because no matter what the character that shot someone took that life and that should never be overlooked. I believe that is what makes this show unique because it sends the message to the viewer that we all have rules to abide by and just cause you may be a law enforceer does not make you separate from the law; these officers also have to abide by the laws and try their hardest to get the person to surrender while not hurting others. The cast work great together and do a wonderful job, if there is any animosity among the cast it is not portrayed on camera, their chemistry is wonderful. The director and producers did a great job in picking the cast (or I should say actors) for this show. I will certainly miss it when its gone. But maybe after a season or two of rest maybe the series can be brought back, why not?? If Punked came back after being ended for 5 years (I believe that is right) why not Flashpoint. I wish luck to the cast of this excellent show.