Flashpoint: TV Series “Most Likely” Returning This Summer

FlashpointBig news! At today’s CBS session of the Television Critics Association press tour, President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler mentioned Flashpoint.

The series is produced in Canada for the CTV network and licensed by CBS. Its run for three seasons on CBS to moderate success. At last summer’s press tour, Tassler said that she hadn’t decided about ordering more episodes. The show went off the air in September 2010 and hasn’t been mentioned by the network since. The show has yet to be renewed by CBS but CTV has commissioned a fourth season that’s currently in production.

Today, Tassler said that the network still has a half dozen of unaired episodes of Flashpoint sitting on the shelf. The network will “most likely” air them over the summer. She didn’t touch on the series’ future but it seems Flashpoint is pretty clearly not on the network’s priority list.

What do you think? Will Flashpoint return this summer? Will CBS purchase season four?

Karen Berkani May 23, 2012 at 10:22 am

I LOVE Flashpoint!!!! I not only LOVED watching it every week, I looked forward to watching every week. It was the highlight of my week. I don’t understand how you could take a show with so much heart, action, great acting, great story lines and what seems to me to be a great following; that you are going to cancel it!!! What is wrong with the networks or whoever makes these decisions?!? You are obviously NOT interested in what the viewers have to say about this decision to cancel one great show!!!!

Mary Bourke May 5, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I am so sad that you are cancelling Flashpoint. I have watched every episode and many of them 2 or 3 times. I particularly like the fact that it is not a mindlessly brutal show. The cast all have their little foibles, just like real people and even the ones they are trying to bring down all seem to have some good points, too. It has been such a treat to see a show that is not like the so called reality TV stuff that the industry seems to think we are only capable of understanding. I like something that makes me think and I think most people do too. If you persist in cancelling this show, I hope the writers come up with something of the same calibre. Most of us are more intelligent than we are being deemed to be by TV programs.

Janet April 23, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Flashpoint was a great program and should not be cancelled. It is time the networks pay attention to the viewers.

Ray April 20, 2012 at 4:46 pm

As usual there is a serious disconnect between viewers and network executives. The list is long.

Pam April 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I can’t believe that Flashpoint hasn’t been recognized for the quality of show content and actors. It is an amazing show with action and suspense but also real life situations that tug at the heart strings. I am soooo tired of the CSI- type of shows and sooooo sick of the reality shows. Please, please listen to the people who watch the televsion and bring this great show back to us!!!

Anonymous April 13, 2012 at 8:42 pm

This show has to be one of the best tv show out there. Please bring it back.

Brianna April 12, 2012 at 11:41 am

PLEASSSSSSEEEEEEEE bring Flashpoint back everytime y’all bring a good and interesting show out and we show interest it gets cancelled. This was a great show i would like to see more episodes & Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior

dominic colorio April 4, 2012 at 10:55 am

this is one of the best cop shows ever put on tv, it’s so much better than any reality crap you networks keep shoving down our throats.

Eileen Gunderson March 19, 2012 at 11:38 am

We started watching “flashpoint” last summer (2011) when repeats were all that was on. It was so great we have watched it on ION all this season so far. It is now March 2012 and we still have some on tape. Please keep it going!!!! One of the best police shows ever!!!!

Ellen March 14, 2012 at 9:09 am

I have watched “Flashpoint” since the beginning. I have looked forward to it’s “fill-in” for summer programming. I enjoy that “ION” television has been replaying previous seasons. It makes for better television from reality shows (which I don’t look at). I love the story lines and the characters. It has brought fresh new faces and locations to television.

Bev March 8, 2012 at 10:00 pm

WOW, this is one show that every single episode is good! I came across this show on Netflix. I have seen the first season 2008 till their 3rd season. I then came across it on ION…SO Thrilled in hopes they were continuing this show. Not just my self but several friends and family members! I’m so sick of all these reality shows. I love the nail biting suspense. So sad that this show does not return. It’s like a good book you just can’t put down and want to quickly turn the page to find out what’s going to happen next! This is a great show w/out every second to third word being profanity or all those sexual comments. Too Sad if does not return:(

stac March 2, 2012 at 10:13 pm

i loved that show, bring it back

Karen February 26, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I certainly hope they bring Flashpoint back. It’s one of the better police dramas on TV. They need to bring this show back and get rid of some of the other crap shows!!!! Everytime a good show comes on the air the networks have to cancel it!!!!!

Kathy February 3, 2012 at 10:23 am

I NEVER care enough to write in about a TV series, but FLASHPOINT is something I really look forward to. If they are continuing to make the series, then CBS should continue its commitment. There are many people who love this show and we don’t need another insipid sitcom or, God forbid,. another reality show. Sometimes some network just needs to do the right thing and listen to the viewers. They made a mistake moving it to ION, it took me a while to find it, but I am so glad I did.

rowdy1 February 2, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I just started watching Flashpoint Fall 2011. I had not heard of the show prior to then and watch it on Ion. EXCELLENT SHOW. It is by far and away, 1 of the best 3 shows on TV, along with Criminal Minds, Person of Interest. Wish I had known about it sooner. CBS, unfortunately, is giving away one of its best.