Flashpoint: TV Show’s Future Undecided on CBS

FlashpointThough the Flashpoint series isn’t very expensive for CBS to air, the network certainly seems to have lost some enthusiasm for the Canadian-produced drama. It’s been a staple of CBS’ Friday night schedule for three summers but it remains to be seen how long they’ll continue to air the modest performer.

Season three of Flashpoint began airing on June 4th and the 13 episodes are set to finish running on August 20th. Supposedly, the network will still have another nine installments on the shelf.

At this week’s press tour, CBS president Nina Tassler noted that, while the network will continue to look at Canadian programming as an option, she “hasn’t decided yet” on ordering more Flashpoint. The show continues to be popular in Canada.

What do you think? Would you like to see CBS continue to airing Flashpoint. If they cancel it, would you buy it on DVD?

vj September 30, 2011 at 6:58 pm

CBS would be foolish to cancel Flashpoint. This is one of the best shows on TV. It should return to friday night @8:00. The cast is great. I love the entire cast and the writing is great. Please pick it up for several seasons.

Mike September 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I have yet to see an episode I did not LOVE. It’s very suspenseful, with great action scenes, family-friendly language, and you are drawn in emotionally to the victims and even the “bad guys”. A great show, and I hope it continues!!!

J September 30, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Flashpoint was one of the better shows on TV – can’t believe it was taken off the air. Surely CBS could get rid of some of their “dribble” and put it back on! Good dialog, characters, story plots, etc. What were you thinking to take it off?

Ellen September 26, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I would love to see Flashpoint continue, its one of the better shows on TV. I look forward to it every time its comes back. Yes I want it back on CBS or even another station, as long as it comes back.

Wayne September 21, 2011 at 3:51 pm

CBS would be foolish to stop airing Flashpoint. I will buy it whether they sop or not. I just want to see it asap!

Cathy September 19, 2011 at 7:11 am

This is a great drama and family friendly show. I think it shows police enforcement in a positive caring light. Try it during Prime Time season and I think you will find out how many followers it will bring to your ratings. I put this show right up there with Rookie Blue and Blue Bloods.

TC September 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Think it’s great show, and hope the network keeps it on the air here in the US.

WEndy September 16, 2011 at 4:57 pm

This is a great show! We don’t need more come and go trashy sitcoms. Please keep it!!

Dina September 15, 2011 at 8:50 pm

One of the best shows ever!!!! Don’t discontinue it…pls!!!

Kathy September 11, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I love this show. Can’t believe CBS is considering not bringing it back. Look forward to it from week to week.

Bernie September 9, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Great show! Why woould CBS not continue to air it? What woould they do instead, put more trash reality on???

Joy Reynolds September 9, 2011 at 5:21 pm

We absolutely love Flashpoint. Please don’t discontinue it!

Ruthann September 9, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Love watching the show. I can’t believe the ratings are so bad they want to discontinue it.
I am already missing the series.

lynne shuler September 8, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Please don’t cancel Flashpoint for the followers…it is a wonderful show of it’s genre. the language is family appropriate unlike some shows with the same subject material.

carol September 7, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Great show, should continue next year!