Flashpoint: TV Show Returning for Season Three on CBS

FlashpointThere’s finally some good news for fans of CBS’s Flashpoint TV show.

Flashpoint follows the work of a group of highly trained police officers called the Strategic Response Unit (SRU). The series stars Enrico Colantoni, David Paetkau, Hugh Dillon, Sergio Di Zio, Michael Cram, Mark Taylor, Ruth Marshall, and Amy Jo Johnson.

After nine months away, the Canada-produced show is finally returning to US primetime. A repeat of a first season episode, “Scorpio,” is scheduled for Saturday, May 29th. Then, new episodes will begin airing on Friday, June 4th. This will be the cop series’ third season on CBS.

Though Flashpoint has been off the schedule for a long time, it seemed a certainty that the program would eventually return. CBS purchased 13 additional episodes of Flashpoint in October 2009. Combined with the nine installments that the network already had on the shelf, CBS is believed to have 22 episodes ready to go.

Airing on both CBS and Canada’s CTV, there’s been no word of plans to order a fourth season as yet.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Flashpoint is finally returning?

debbie August 19, 2011 at 2:39 am

I love your show but the biracial sister answering.the calls is just not enough. Get up with the times add some color. The brother from your valentine show was nice eye candy. I don’t know who writes or hire cast but step up. U remind of friends and. Modern family, maybe good shows but do not relate to minorities.

Patti July 22, 2011 at 6:18 pm

I LOVE this Show, but really wished they kept it at the 9pm or 10pm slot. The 8pm slot should be for reruns of off season shows. I have small children so we are watching kid programs or reading till 8:30 so I keep missing it! Or put it ON Demand! I keep catching the endings. please bring it back to a later Slot!

kenneth mckoy July 17, 2011 at 6:10 am

i hope it comes back next season 2012 it is a great show

Marie July 15, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I am a great fan of Flashpoint, but I have a problem. I am one of you many watchers who must rely on hearing aids. As you know, they amplify EVERYTHING. It would be great if you could lower the volume of your music so that I could hear the conversation. The must gets so loud in my ears that I cannot hear the dialog. Thanks.

Teresa July 13, 2011 at 9:41 am

I love this show and hope it continues for another season or 2

Cathy June 18, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I love this show, great stories, great actors, great work……keep it coming. We need more of this quality work and a whole lot less of reality (non-reality really) TV.

JUANITA June 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm

BOTH MY DAUGHTER AND I ARE VERY VERY HAPPY TO HEAR OF THE RETURN AND EXTENSION OF THIS GREAT SHOW. THANKS CBS

Toya Majors June 11, 2011 at 11:43 am

I love the sow, but why are no blacks on the team any longer. Why was the only one killed off. He was replaqce with a black woman, which was fine but she just disappeared.

ashlee April 28, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I love this show and can’t wait watch!!

Linda M. Emmons May 22, 2011 at 11:53 am

I have purchased all the dvd’s that are available and will continue to do so for the shows I love. CBS/NBC have no idea anymore what is excellant and needed to be shown on tv. This is reality not those flimsy flashy reality shows with no human value or morals. Flashpoint is the greatest and I will continue to watch as long as I can. Linda

Alicia Wood April 26, 2011 at 11:21 am

I am so sick and tired of networks canelling shows after I become so involved in them. I was so disappointed when CBS cancelled Flashpoint. I just got so excited when I saw it was airing again next Friday. I’ll enjoy it while it last and hope they renew for another season!

Cindy Hughes April 19, 2011 at 11:26 am

I love Flash Point, I am so glad it is returning!!!!

Barbara April 17, 2011 at 11:30 pm

It’s my favorite show…I could watch it every night. So glad it’s coming back.

Cynthia April 6, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I love flashpoint!!! Keep ‘em comin!!

Marissa March 18, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I love this show and I really hope that they keep coming out with new seasons/episodes.

Annette March 12, 2011 at 10:53 am

Flashpoint is my favorite show,I hope CBS is planning to continue airing the show.If not it will be their loss.