FOX Announces Fall 2010 TV Show Premiere Dates

GleeFOX has released the premiere dates for the Fall portion of their 2010-11 season.

There are no big surprises though it seems the network has, at least temporarily, abandoned the idea of creating original programming for Saturday late nights. The Wanda Sykes Show replaced MADtv last fall but that was cancelled itself after just one season.

Here’s the official press release from FOX…

FOX ANNOUNCES FALL PREMIERE DATES FOR THE 2010-2011 SEASON

NEW DRAMA “LONE STAR” DEBUTS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
NEW COMEDIES “RAISING HOPE” AND “RUNNING WILDE” TO PREMIERE TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21

Award-Winning Drama HOUSE Checks In Monday, September 20;
GLEE Begins Sophomore Season Tuesday, September 21;
Gordon Ramsay Serves Up New Season of HELL’S KITCHEN Wednesday, September 22;

BONES and FRINGE Return to Thrill Thursday, September 23;
HUMAN TARGET and THE GOOD GUYS Premiere Friday, September 24;
ANIMATION DOMINATION Kicks Off Sunday, September 26

FOX has set the fall premiere dates for its new and returning series. The 2010-2011 season on FOX will kick off with a special premiere week beginning Monday, Sept. 20. HOUSE and the Princeton Plainsboro team return for a seventh season Monday, Sept. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) followed by the series premiere of the sophisticated and provocative drama LONE STAR (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). This fall, Tuesdays feature a night of pitch-perfect comedy beginning Sept. 21 with the highly anticipated return of GLEE (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and the series premieres of new family comedy RAISING HOPE (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) and new romantic comedy RUNNING WILDE (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) starring Will Arnett and Keri Russell. On Wednesday, Sept. 22, things heat up for Gordon Ramsay in the two-hour premiere of the eighth season of HELL’S KITCHEN (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The thrill is on Thursdays when BONES (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and FRINGE (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) return beginning Sept. 23.

Action-packed weekends kick off Fridays with the return of HUMAN TARGET (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and the time period premiere of THE GOOD GUYS (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on Sept. 24. Saturdays are still the most arresting night of television with the season premieres of COPS (8:00-8:30 and 8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) – celebrating its milestone 800th episode – and AMERICA’S MOST WANTED (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on Sept. 11. Sundays are side-splittingly funny when ANIMATION DOMINATION makes its return Sept. 26 with the season premieres of THE SIMPSONS (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT), THE CLEVELAND SHOW (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and a one-hour special installment of FAMILY GUY (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). AMERICAN DAD will mark its milestone 100th episode with its season premiere Sunday, Oct. 3 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT). In addition, LIE TO ME continues to reveal the truth Wednesday, Nov. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

Premieres of new and returning series are listed below in chronological order.

Saturday, Sept. 11
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT – COPS (Season Premiere, 800th Episode)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT – COPS (Encore Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT – AMERICA’S MOST WANTED (Season Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 20
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT – HOUSE (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT – LONE STAR (Series Premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 21
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT – GLEE (Season Premiere)
9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT – RAISING HOPE (Series Premiere)
9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT – RUNNING WILDE (Series Premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 22
8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT – HELL’S KITCHEN (2-Hour Season Premiere)

Thursday, Sept. 23
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT – BONES (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT – FRINGE (Season Premiere)

Friday, Sept. 24
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT – HUMAN TARGET (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT – THE GOOD GUYS (Fall Premiere)

Saturday, Sept. 25
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT – COPS (All-New Episode)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT – COPS (Encore Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT – AMERICA’S MOST WANTED (All-New Episode)
11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT – LONE STAR (Encore Episode, Time Period Premiere)
Midnight-12:30 AM ET/PT – RUNNING WILDE (Encore Episode, Time Period Premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 26
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT – THE SIMPSONS (Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT – THE CLEVELAND SHOW (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT – FAMILY GUY (1-Hour Season Premiere)

Sunday, Oct. 3
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT – THE SIMPSONS (All-New Episode)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT – THE CLEVELAND SHOW (All-New Episode)
9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT – FAMILY GUY (All-New Episode)
9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT – AMERICAN DAD (Season Premiere, 100th Episode)

Wednesday, Nov. 10
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT – LIE TO ME (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT – HELL’S KITCHEN (Time Period Premiere)

What do you think? Are you looking forward to any show returns in particular?

DEIDRA November 23, 2010 at 8:10 am

PRISON BREAK!!!

Miika McCants November 2, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I have been waiting for the announcement of the new “V” series and I haven’t heard a peak! What is going on? Please don’t tell me that it’s over. My family and I are waiting in hopeful anticipation of seeing future episodes. We don’t leave home on “V” night. We don’t won’t to take the chance that we may miss one minute of it. “V” is our family night activity. We gather together around the television and have pizza and burgers and etc. while we enjoy Miss Anna’s goings-on. You can’t cancel or not continue these series. They are “MORE” than just a tv series to us. It has been many years since a show has been produced that has family merit. I hope your ratings were good enough to continue. Don’t quit now! We “V” people need you!

The_Critic September 20, 2010 at 10:52 pm

…And yeah… i have to agree with the folks above: Cops, Family Guy, and The Simpsons really should go. I don’t care for “Good Guys” … I can handle Bones being on in the background. Cancelling Numb3rs?? Boneheaded. Thinking of cancelling LIE to ME?? Boneheaded. Perhaps you should divide up your scheduling by having adult shows one night, 20-30′s shows another night, and below 20′s on another… in the old days of tv we called that: 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, and 10pm time slots. (And if a cartoon was too vile, it didn’t get aired).

The_Critic September 20, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I am so very relieved that LIE TO ME is returning. It is my new favorite show, (critics be damned). There are few programs anymore that i even like (especially: House, as well as anything on ABC, very little on NBC). Thank God for shows like: LIE TO ME, The Glades, and Two and 1/2 Men. I’m aware that the masses like the latter two, but was concerned about LIE TO ME’s future, given that it’s an intelligent program. HEY EXECUTIVES- Please don’t give in to the numbers. Here is what you do: Make the first and second seasons syndicated to let the show catch on, while keeping control over season(s) 3, 4, etc. If by end of season 4 it hasn’t grown on people, then cancel it, okay? That will give you 2 years of valuable feedback from the public. Thank you.

Renee August 28, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I do NOT watch any other TV show but HOUSE!!!! I watch FOX news and Preachers!

marty August 18, 2010 at 7:42 am

I think it is a shame when you have good shows that you put them in the back seat for shows that have no entertainment value in todays homes. For example ” The Good Guy” is a great show. I don’t mind watching it with my 13 year old grandson. Lie To Me, Human Target, and Bones are also shows that I don’t mind him watching. Yours would be a great station for young people. Something we really need and appreciate. Unfortunately you still have some shows on like Cops, Americas Most Wanted, American Dad and Family Guy which keeps it from being a great station. The next problem is the fact I and my grand son get tired of trying to keep up with when a show such as ” The Good Guys” is on or going to be on so we just go to the internet to watch when we are ready. Nov. here… Sept here…. Tues… Fri… Then when you have a good line up why mess with it by trying to add new shows. If you want new shows than take off the crap and we will watch on TV time again.

Anonymous August 13, 2010 at 11:22 am

Well personally i feel that FOX officially sucks now!…Seriously you leave on a lame ass show like Family Guy and cancel Numb3rs!…FAMILY GUY should be the cancelled show!…That show makes fun of serious issues that SHOULD NOT be taken likely…For example* the old pedophile who clearly does not hide his facination with little boys..Are you freakin kidding me??…And COPS who watches that show anymore? Every episode is the same just different names…And I’m not even gonna get started on the TEENY TOT show AKA GLEE…And The Simpsons??? what? was 20 yrs not enough stupidity?!…..I now have NO REASON to watch FOX….i can see Bones & House on SHOWCASE…..GOOD BYE FOX TV U SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

resabambino July 21, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Whats with all the Cops shows. Seriously, does any one watch that show anymore?

Connie July 17, 2010 at 8:49 am

Is “Justified” returning in the fall of 2010?

admin July 17, 2010 at 6:15 pm

@Connie: No, the first season just wrapped in June. It’ll probably be back in early to mid-2011.

Reno July 14, 2010 at 12:55 am

Fox is the channel that gets DVR’d. And if certain shows come on a different channel, well, I just go online to watch it. My main reason is that they cancel the good action shows. If a network cancels a show I like, I stop watching a show I didn’t mind watching. I didn’t mind watching “House M.D.” just because Tear Drops by Massive Attack is an awesome song. Fox cancelled “Dollhouse”, so I don’t watch “House M.D.” anymore. “Bones”, “Fringe”, “Human Target”and the Sunday cartoons are the only shows I’m looking forward to.

Jeremy Rynek July 13, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Well thats not good if Lie to me is moving back to wednesdays and Human target is going to fridays. Can’t you just cancel is stupid gordon ramsey shows and glee, would that be so hard?? And after canceling Sons of tucson I made a vow not to watch another current sitcom on fox. So I won’t be watching the 2 new sitcoms. Bet your life savings amd your life that one them is gonna be canceled this season. Whether if they both make it to their finales or just get canceled after 3 epidsodes. One of them is gonna get axed I can promise you that. Hey fox prove me wrong, I dare you. You guys suck when it comes to keeping sitcoms. Good to see Bones and Fringe back those are two good shows. And if they ever cancel the Simpsons then I’m done with Fox. I don’t care if their in the 56th season. Matt Groening better die or something. And do not cancel The Good guys, it really just needs time to get off its feet thats all. NBC stupidly canceled Law & Order, don’t make their mistake too.