FOX 2013-14 Season Ratings

fox-tv-show-ratingsMany of FOX‘s series have already been renewed for another season. What does the future hold for the rest of their TV shows? Cancelled or renewed for 2014-15? We’ll have to wait and see.

FOX shows this season (so far): 24: Live Another Day, Almost Human, American Dad!, American Idol, Bob’s Burgers, Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Dads, Enlisted, Family Guy, The Following, Gang Related, Glee, Hell’s Kitchen, Hotel Hell, I Wanna Marry “Harry”, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Rake, Raising Hope, Riot, The Simpsons, Sleepy Hollow, So You Think You Can Dance, Surviving Jack, and The X Factor.

Note: You can find the 2014-15 rankings here.

How does FOX decide what to cancel or renew? They look at a lot of different factors but the ratings play a very large role. The higher the ratings, the better chances a show has of surviving.

Check the other networks’ season rankings: ABC | CBS | The CW | NBC

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here and here.

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released. The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing), unless marked with an asterisk (*). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Keep in mind that the demo numbers are typically what’s most important to advertisers. Therefore, that’s how the networks measure success. Advertisers pay more for ad time on a show that has a higher demo rating. Because older viewers don’t count? No, it’s because younger viewers watch less traditional TV and are therefore supposedly harder to reach.

Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

The networks take into account when shows air on Fridays and Saturdays, nights when TV viewership is lower.

What do you think? Which shows are you rooting for? Which one isn’t as big a hit as you thought? Are you hoping any series will get cancelled to make room for something else?

Canceled and renewed TV show

170 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. dgroll1 says

I really like FOX’s tuesday lineup!!! But i woouldnt be suprised if Mindy got cancelled. I am pissed that Glee is moving to 7cst… That ruines my early tues nights!!! Well maybe not, I can record the originals now… By the way, How long can Glee stay fresh??? The show has to be running out of major hits to purchase the copyrights to in order to preform them!!!

2. Lisa Johnson says

I love the new series Sleepy Hollow, it is wonderfully done and great actors. It also has a lot of great history in it. This is truly a unique and great show!!! Fox please renew and I think it needs to be a longer series of episodes, to keep a fan base going and to add mores there needs to be more episodes then 10-13. That leaves to long in between seasons for people to either forget or patiently wait for. Please not only renew for next year but also please give them at least 20 episodes to air. Not only will it be awesome for current fans but it will also encourage more people to become fans!!

3. Edie says

Tom Mison, who plays Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow, is a fantastic , very watchable actor but the premise of Sleepy Hollow is ridiculous, and getting stupider with every episode. I hope it gets cancelled so he can go onto a better show! I hear FOX bought the rights to ‘The kingkiller Chronicles’ the books are fantastic, Tom Mison would be would be perfect in the lead role of Kvothe!

• says

My favorite show besides witches of east end,I like nice the original but miss ‘s cote as the best,she was strong with karate and great acting a different language and so much part of the team,I wish she would come back.no one can compare to her and the love/hate relationship with one of the actors hit the spot of that show.warehouse 13 is great. I like ghost show like the paranormal.ghost adventures.and hallmark Xmas stories.so action,drama,mystery,love and comedy like tv.

4. Donna says

“Dads” is hilarious!! I thought it was going to be bad, but I have fallen for it! 10/1713 episode had me laughing so hard I had tears rolling!!
    How does “Bobs Burgers” keep getting renewed! And for God sakes get rid of “Family Guy.”
    Get rid of “New Girl!” Her time is up
    What happened to “Raising Hope?”
    And PLEASE say goodbye to “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” boring!

• Jim says

I agree that DADS has potential but it has not been great by any means it would not surprise me if FOX decided to keep it – After all, the kept The Cleaveland Show, Bob’s Burgers, The Mindy Project and let’s not forget that they actually aired that animation abortion – Allen Gregory!!! and an animated version of Napoleon Dynamite!

• Kate Fredericks says

Have to admit, after watching three Brooklyn 99, not funny at all. I really wanted to like that show, especially the terrific Andre Braugher. It doesn’t even remotely have the cast smoothness of New Girl, The Middle, or even many scripted shows as The Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, or The Witches of Eastwick on Lifetime. Dropped it with disappointment. (had to use non comedies to relate to it because I only watched the latter new shows this season with Brooklyn the only new comedy).

• Kate Fredericks says

Agree with K on both shows. I watch 4 comedies: Big Bang, The Middle, New Girl and Mindy Project. But I don’t count and actually count against their success, so by the very act of watching these shows, I endanger them of being cancelled! I admit to feeling a bit guilty about this….

5. Lamdog says

Dad needs to go. I hope Brooklyn Nine-Nine survives the rating act. The show appears to be finding it comedic legs.

6. Anonymous says

Dads is terrible. I honestly thought it would be the first new show cancelled on any network this season, right behind Lucky 7.