FOX 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 4/22/14]

fox-tv-show-ratingsMany of FOX‘s series have already been renewed for another season. What does the future hold for the rest of their TV shows? Cancelled or renewed for 2014-15? We’ll have to wait and see.

FOX shows this season (so far): Almost Human, American Dad!, American Idol, Bob’s Burgers, Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Dads, Enlisted, Family Guy, The Following, Glee, Hell’s Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef Junior, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Rake, Raising Hope, The Simpsons, Sleepy Hollow, Surviving Jack, and The X Factor.

How does FOX decide what to cancel or renew? They look at a lot of different factors but the ratings play a very large role. The higher the ratings, the better chances a show has of surviving. Here’s how the network’s shows are doing so far:

Check the other networks’ season rankings: ABC | CBS | The CW | NBC

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here and here.

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released. The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing), unless marked with an asterisk (*). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Keep in mind that the demo numbers are typically what’s most important to advertisers. Therefore, that’s how the networks measure success. Advertisers pay more for ad time on a show that has a higher demo rating. Because older viewers don’t count? No, it’s because younger viewers watch less traditional TV and are therefore supposedly harder to reach.

Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

The networks take into account when shows air on Fridays and Saturdays, nights when TV viewership is lower.

What do you think? Which shows are you rooting for? Which one isn’t as big a hit as you thought? Are you hoping any series will get cancelled to make room for something else?

dgroll1 December 12, 2013 at 11:48 pm

I really like FOX’s tuesday lineup!!! But i woouldnt be suprised if Mindy got cancelled. I am pissed that Glee is moving to 7cst… That ruines my early tues nights!!! Well maybe not, I can record the originals now… By the way, How long can Glee stay fresh??? The show has to be running out of major hits to purchase the copyrights to in order to preform them!!!

Lisa Johnson December 7, 2013 at 3:51 pm

I love the new series Sleepy Hollow, it is wonderfully done and great actors. It also has a lot of great history in it. This is truly a unique and great show!!! Fox please renew and I think it needs to be a longer series of episodes, to keep a fan base going and to add mores there needs to be more episodes then 10-13. That leaves to long in between seasons for people to either forget or patiently wait for. Please not only renew for next year but also please give them at least 20 episodes to air. Not only will it be awesome for current fans but it will also encourage more people to become fans!!

Craig November 6, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Sleepy Hollow and Bob’s Burgers are my favorite Fox shows.

Persistent Cat October 29, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I love The Mindy Project and Brooklyn Nine Nine. Haven’t seen Dads so I can’t comment.

Edie October 18, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Tom Mison, who plays Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow, is a fantastic , very watchable actor but the premise of Sleepy Hollow is ridiculous, and getting stupider with every episode. I hope it gets cancelled so he can go onto a better show! I hear FOX bought the rights to ‘The kingkiller Chronicles’ the books are fantastic, Tom Mison would be would be perfect in the lead role of Kvothe!

jane donisvitch December 16, 2013 at 2:31 pm

My favorite show besides witches of east end,I like nice the original but miss ‘s cote as the best,she was strong with karate and great acting a different language and so much part of the team,I wish she would come back.no one can compare to her and the love/hate relationship with one of the actors hit the spot of that show.warehouse 13 is great. I like ghost show like the paranormal.ghost adventures.and hallmark Xmas stories.so action,drama,mystery,love and comedy like tv.

adam October 18, 2013 at 11:41 am

Bob’s Burgers RULES!

Donna October 18, 2013 at 5:23 am

“Dads” is hilarious!! I thought it was going to be bad, but I have fallen for it! 10/1713 episode had me laughing so hard I had tears rolling!!
How does “Bobs Burgers” keep getting renewed! And for God sakes get rid of “Family Guy.”
Get rid of “New Girl!” Her time is up
What happened to “Raising Hope?”
And PLEASE say goodbye to “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” boring!

Persistent Cat October 29, 2013 at 10:39 pm

We have nothing in common.

Jim November 10, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I agree that DADS has potential but it has not been great by any means it would not surprise me if FOX decided to keep it – After all, the kept The Cleaveland Show, Bob’s Burgers, The Mindy Project and let’s not forget that they actually aired that animation abortion – Allen Gregory!!! and an animated version of Napoleon Dynamite!

Sarah October 17, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I love The Mindy Project! So clever and funny! Dads needs to go though.

Marie October 20, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I agree! Keep Mindy cancel Dads.

Haywood Jablomi October 16, 2013 at 9:41 pm

You folks here are all high – Dad is good! Get some comedy in you that is funny!!

Anonymous October 16, 2013 at 11:41 am

Fox needs to cancel Dads, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The X-Factor, The Mindy Project and New Girl.

Georgia October 16, 2013 at 11:08 am

I like the Mindy Project. On my DVR, I watch it before New Girl. Morgan was an excellent addition to the show.

samuel October 10, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Brooklyn Nine-Nine gots to go then Dads The Two Worst Shows Of The Season

Marie October 14, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Agreed!

AnAlien October 16, 2013 at 9:37 am

Brooklyn nine nine is great! I really hope they keep it. Dads should go yes, but Brooklyn nine nine?

Kate Fredericks October 30, 2013 at 2:28 am

Have to admit, after watching three Brooklyn 99, not funny at all. I really wanted to like that show, especially the terrific Andre Braugher. It doesn’t even remotely have the cast smoothness of New Girl, The Middle, or even many scripted shows as The Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, or The Witches of Eastwick on Lifetime. Dropped it with disappointment. (had to use non comedies to relate to it because I only watched the latter new shows this season with Brooklyn the only new comedy).

K October 10, 2013 at 10:22 am

Dads is awful. I really thought it would be the first to get the boot! How does Glee keep getting renewed?

Kate Fredericks October 30, 2013 at 2:13 am

Agree with K on both shows. I watch 4 comedies: Big Bang, The Middle, New Girl and Mindy Project. But I don’t count and actually count against their success, so by the very act of watching these shows, I endanger them of being cancelled! I admit to feeling a bit guilty about this….

Lamdog October 7, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Dad needs to go. I hope Brooklyn Nine-Nine survives the rating act. The show appears to be finding it comedic legs.

Anonymous October 7, 2013 at 8:56 am

Dads is terrible. I honestly thought it would be the first new show cancelled on any network this season, right behind Lucky 7.