FOX 2013-14 Season Ratings

fox-tv-show-ratingsMany of FOX‘s series have already been renewed for another season. What does the future hold for the rest of their TV shows? Cancelled or renewed for 2014-15? We’ll have to wait and see.

FOX shows this season (so far): 24: Live Another Day, Almost Human, American Dad!, American Idol, Bob’s Burgers, Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Dads, Enlisted, Family Guy, The Following, Gang Related, Glee, Hell’s Kitchen, Hotel Hell, I Wanna Marry “Harry”, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Rake, Raising Hope, Riot, The Simpsons, Sleepy Hollow, So You Think You Can Dance, Surviving Jack, and The X Factor.

Note: You can find the 2014-15 rankings here.

How does FOX decide what to cancel or renew? They look at a lot of different factors but the ratings play a very large role. The higher the ratings, the better chances a show has of surviving.

Check the other networks’ season rankings: ABC | CBS | The CW | NBC

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here and here.

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released. The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing), unless marked with an asterisk (*). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Keep in mind that the demo numbers are typically what’s most important to advertisers. Therefore, that’s how the networks measure success. Advertisers pay more for ad time on a show that has a higher demo rating. Because older viewers don’t count? No, it’s because younger viewers watch less traditional TV and are therefore supposedly harder to reach.

Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

The networks take into account when shows air on Fridays and Saturdays, nights when TV viewership is lower.

What do you think? Which shows are you rooting for? Which one isn’t as big a hit as you thought? Are you hoping any series will get cancelled to make room for something else?

Billye February 20, 2014 at 11:02 am

I love Blacklist, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Hostages, Blue Blood, Criminal Minds, CSI, MasterChef Junior, Longmire, DWTS, AGT, NCIS, NCIS LA, Person of Interest, & several others. I wish they would cancel several so-called comedies, i.e. Mom, 2 1/2 Men, etc.

melissa February 18, 2014 at 1:19 pm

I LOOOOOOVE Almost Human!!!!! Such an original show that has caught my attention & the characters & futuristic plot is Amazing!! Please keep this show!!! I watch it every week. Thank You!!

Shelly February 11, 2014 at 8:53 am

I’m really rooting for Almost Human – it is such a great show! The characters are likeable and interesting, the plots are great, and the overall look and feel of the show is just cool. I feel like the show has performed remarkably well, even with decidedly erratic scheduling. I really hope Fox gives it a chance to come into its own with a full, uninterrupted, airing-episodes-in-the-correct-order season next year!

Sandy February 10, 2014 at 11:56 am

Fox, please don’t cancel Almost Human! Very little on TV these days captures my attention, but this series has. Some say that airing the episodes out of the original order intended by J H Wyman didn’t make a difference in the ratings, but it very well could have because it disrupted any linking story threads that Wyman had intended for the series. Some critics say that’s one thing the show is missing–a serialized storyline. Fox needs to listen to the viewers of this different and refreshing criminal procedural show. The Sci Fi twist makes it all the more unique. Give it a chance with a second season!

a big fan February 6, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Almost human is amazing!!! I love it soooo much!!!!!! Please please don’t cancle!!!! Dorian and john have so much chemistry!!! It’s the only FOX show I watch, if you cancel I and so many others will stop watching all together!!!

Leily February 4, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I think Almost Human is really cool
please don’t cancel it

Dee January 20, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Almost Human is one of your best shows in a long time. It’s been very stimulating, my older grandchildren find it very entertaining and a option from most of those really boring and stupid reality and talent shows.

Yvonne January 14, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Love Almost Human my husband and two grown sons watch with me every week
Don’t take that away from us

Elise January 12, 2014 at 6:50 pm

I don’t understand why FOX wont comment on status of Almost Human. Is it because they are going to cancel but don’t want to anger their advertisers for the rest of this season? This show deserves another season, but beware FOX, if you anger your viewers, you will lose all of us from here on out and then your advertisers will be advertising to no one! Choose wisely and we will support your advertisers in the future. The choice is yours!

Donna January 12, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Love, love Almost Human and love the chemistry between Kennex and Dorian. Please don’t cancel this!!!

Kevin January 11, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I agree with Almost Human and Rasing Hope!!! AI is interesing and RH is lame!!!! although, AI is on a very competitive night!!! Please dont move Glee to Tues night, Glee should follow Idol on Thurs (after audition shows).

pr January 10, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Love Almost Human. Best show of the season.

JD January 6, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Please cancel Almost Human! Hasn’t done that good in the ratings department.

Elise January 6, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I love Almost Human and think that this show definitely deserves another season. Fox had failed to take in that this show is not just being watched Nationally, but internationally. It also has done NOTHING to promote the show, although I have no idea why. I know FOX dislikes Sci Fi shows as demonstrated by its past, but for once, they have a real opportunity to become great. Remember what happened with the original Star Trek. It lasted a couple of seasons but its over twenty years and there are still movies and spin offs and now even new movies. If you let advertisers rule the viewers choices, all that’s going to happen is that the viewers will stop watching the channel completely. Why not take a leap of faith and listen to its viewers. We’re here and we care. Please FOX, show us that you can be a great network again and do not bow down to advertisers. We the fans will support you. If you do cancel this show, I promise you that I personally and many others I know will quit all FOX shows and all the advertisers that go with that. So what do you gain? Give us a chance, please! Let us keep this wonderful Science Fiction show!

Doug February 25, 2014 at 1:33 am

Elise, you are a genius. I especially like how you reminded FOX that the original Star Trek is over 20 years old, and they’re still making movies and stuff.

Elise December 29, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Love Almost Human! Of all the shows I watch, only this one keeps me coming back for more! Please don’t cancel !!!!

CK December 18, 2013 at 12:41 am

I don’t understand people. I enjoy Raising Hope, but it is doing horrible in the ratings. Why do so few of us like the show?

Satu December 24, 2013 at 7:36 pm

It was kind of offensive to me, if I remember correctly. Gave up watching after three or four episodes, it wasn’t at all funny.