FOX 2013-14 Season Ratings

fox-tv-show-ratingsMany of FOX‘s series have already been renewed for another season. What does the future hold for the rest of their TV shows? Cancelled or renewed for 2014-15? We’ll have to wait and see.

FOX shows this season (so far): 24: Live Another Day, Almost Human, American Dad!, American Idol, Bob’s Burgers, Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Dads, Enlisted, Family Guy, The Following, Gang Related, Glee, Hell’s Kitchen, Hotel Hell, I Wanna Marry “Harry”, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Rake, Raising Hope, Riot, The Simpsons, Sleepy Hollow, So You Think You Can Dance, Surviving Jack, and The X Factor.

Note: You can find the 2014-15 rankings here.

How does FOX decide what to cancel or renew? They look at a lot of different factors but the ratings play a very large role. The higher the ratings, the better chances a show has of surviving.

Check the other networks’ season rankings: ABC | CBS | The CW | NBC

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here and here.

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released. The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing), unless marked with an asterisk (*). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Keep in mind that the demo numbers are typically what’s most important to advertisers. Therefore, that’s how the networks measure success. Advertisers pay more for ad time on a show that has a higher demo rating. Because older viewers don’t count? No, it’s because younger viewers watch less traditional TV and are therefore supposedly harder to reach.

Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

The networks take into account when shows air on Fridays and Saturdays, nights when TV viewership is lower.

What do you think? Which shows are you rooting for? Which one isn’t as big a hit as you thought? Are you hoping any series will get cancelled to make room for something else?

Diana k May 17, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Please do not cancel almost human. Finally you guys had a great season going for you with almost human and sleepy hollow. You did not give almost human a chance. There was a time when shows would me on for a whole season before it was cancelled but you guys at fox don’t waste a minute. Almost human was a great show; extremely innovative for all ages. If it was too expensive to do then give the show to another network. Loved it. Don’t cancel.

Mariann May 15, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Why are ratings based on 18-49.
Viewers. Over 50 probably watch more TV. And spend more money

Danny May 11, 2014 at 4:02 am

What are you thinking canceling a show that is on your number five ranking slot. It’s ratings are better than the Simpsons but you will keep that on for another 20 years? This show has a much better chance of growing in to a possible movie and possible spinoff series for the show are going to grow. You are making a terrible mistake cutting this show. Giving in to the stupefying television shows that are ruining this country even further. If you keep up with the reality tv all we will have is a bunch of idiots such as the ones in the movie Idiocracy. Which if you haven’t seen the movie I recommend you see it to see exactly what our future looks like. Please reconsider the grave mistake you are making. This show has a strong presence on the screen and can define television as great again.

ginny May 9, 2014 at 7:57 pm

hey hey, what must a TV show do to be returned. You guys have sickened me with Revolution Twice. and yet Almost Human has been given the boot with out making anyone sick. Loved the show, it was adult in nature yet those who didn’t think of it in a positive manner have cut it out.. Give Almost Human another try. Glad Sleepy Hollow will be back. It was the mature entertaining show ever.

Roxy Carroll April 28, 2014 at 8:16 pm

DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS DADS!!!!!!
This is the funniest show that has EVER happened to TV!!!!! PLEASE bring it back!!!! I have introduced people to it that have watched it on Hulu and THANKED me for bringing it into their lives!!!

Teresa April 27, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Loving your new shows Surviving Jack and Rake. My husband and I are 51 and 50 years old respectively. These are wonderful and funny sitcoms. They have us laughing out loud.

Amanda April 24, 2014 at 9:42 pm

The Mindy Project is by far the funniest, wittiest show on FOX and the only reason I watch it. Highly disappointed by their low ratings, this is the best thing on television at the moment! Mindy Kaling is brilliant and Chris Messina is just a heartthrob and I can’t wait to see more work from both of them.

kimberly brown April 24, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Plz, do not cancel raising hope or, for god’z sake, dads. these r laugh out loud shows. especially “dads”!!!!

KEVIN April 20, 2014 at 1:45 pm

HOPE…WATCH BELIEVE
FAITH…WATCH BELIEVE
LOVE…WATCH BELIEVE
HAPPINESS…WATCH BELIEVE
REDEMPTION…WATCH BELIEVE
ADVENTURE…WATCH BELIEVE
EXCITEMENT…WATCH BELIEVE
DANGER…WATCH BELIEVE

THIS SHOW HAS EVERYTHING…WATCH BELIEVE ON NBC

LC April 17, 2014 at 12:26 am

Wow, can’t believe Rake is so low! It’s in my top 5 right now. More people should watch, so funny!

MWW April 16, 2014 at 12:37 am

Please renew Almost Human… great new show

CK April 11, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Love Rake and Sleepy Hollow. Like Bob’s Burgers.

lynn April 5, 2014 at 7:58 pm

I love Almost Human and it will be a crying shame if the cancel it! It’s one of the most innovative new shows to come to the TV in a long time. I look forward to seeing it every week.

Monique April 15, 2014 at 10:37 pm

I AGREE! PLEASE bring back ALmost Human! I love Si-Fi. This show really made my Monday’s bearable.

Susan April 4, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Rake… Don’t cancel. Good show!!!!

Monique April 15, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Again I agree. He is Sooo funny.

LM March 30, 2014 at 2:01 am