Franklin & Bash: Cancel or Renew for Season Four?

Franklin and Bash: cancel or season fourTonight marks the end of the road for Franklin & Bash on TNT — at least for the moment. The legal dramedy hasn’t been renewed for a fourth season yet. Should it be brought back or, should the cable channel cancel it instead?

Franklin & Bash follows two streetwise attorneys (Breckin Meyer and Mark-Paul Gosselaar) who’ve been hired by the eccentric managing partner (Malcolm McDowell) of a prestigious law firm to help breathe new life into the struggling company. Others in the cast include Dana Davis, Kumail Nanjiani, Reed Diamond, and Heather Locklear.

Season three of the show kicked off in June and the two-hour episode drew just 1.97 million viewers — a series low. Viewership improved as the weeks wore on but Franklin & Bash is still down significantly year-to-year.

It’s currently averaging 2.11 million viewers, a decline of 27% when compared to last year (2.88 million). What’s more, of the cable channel’s summer dramas, Franklin & Bash is easily the lowest-rated. Rizzoli & Isles (5.66 million), Major Crimes (4.87), Falling Skies (3.53) Perception (3.49), and King & Maxwell (3.11) all pull in much better numbers.

Based on the ratings, it seems very likely that TNT will cancel Franklin & Bash after tonight’s installment.

If the ratings are any indication, perhaps many viewers have lost interest? Clearly the addition of Heather Locklear to the cast didn’t draw many (or any) new viewers to the show.

But, what do you think? Is it time for Franklin & Bash to go? Is the show still worth watching? Should TNT cancel or renew the series for a fourth season?

92 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tim says

Definitely NOT love this show, just what you need after a rough day a lighthearted show they are funny and to see the stuff they do and getaway with its great

2. ross bellamy says

Franklin and Bash has good writers, a balanced cast. As well as a story base that allows for a variety of script directions. How could anyone consider leaving some of the trash that is on, and cancel a show with such great chemistry.

3. says

Sure cancel a good show like Franklin and Bash and put on reruns of Castle! It is one of the funniest most creative shows on TV. Has anybody thought of changing the night? NOOOOOOOOO! A bunch of idiots determine what we watch!

4. Gil says

For crying out loud keep franklin and bash on . A show like this is what you need unlike some of the crap that’s on nowadays like reality shows

5. says

Everytime I get a show I love and one that makes me laugh is rare and then I’m happy and BAM cancelled.

I love Franklin and Bash but that’s it. I love the actors but hate Majors Crimes!!! NO Brends Lee Johnson, the show is over. I like Rizzoli & Isles.

BACK TO FRANKLIN & BASH SHAME ON YOU I’m 60 and some scenes I’m almost on the floor laughing.

You are my last channel I have given up on A&E only watch Longmire.

I honestly don’t know what I’m going to watch. I’m so desperate I’m watching Seinfeld reruns!!!!

6. Christina says

Franklin and Bash is the best! But Heather Locklear definitely does NOT add anything to it, and in fact her character’s a real turnoff for both hubby and me. We’re really hoping she doesnt’ stick around, or we might have to quit watching. :(

7. jeff stein says

PEOPLE WATCH THE KARDASHIANS AND THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF WHERE EVER….AND SO ON BUT I CUTE TONGUE IN CHEEK SHOW SUCH AS FRANKLIN AND BASH WILL NOT BE RENEWED??/ WHAT A JOKE….