Friends with Benefits: Cancelled; No Season Two

Friends with Benefits cancelledThere won’t be a second season for the pals on NBC’s Friends with Benefits. The network has cancelled the sitcom after one season on the air.

Friends with Benefits revolves around a group of young Chicago friends. Their relationships are complicated to say the least as they try to find the perfect match for themselves and their friends. The sitcom stars Ryan Hansen, Danneel Ackles, Jessica Lucas, Zach Cregger, and Andre Holland.

Originally slated for mid-season 2010-11, the premiere was delayed until August 2011. It was pretty clear that the network didn’t see a future for the series as they burned episodes off two at a time during a summer run.

Friends with Benefits debuted on August 5th to a poor 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.34 million total viewers. The numbers got worse as the weeks progressed and hit a low of a 0.5 demo rating with just 1.54 million viewers.

The peacock network had one leftover episode by the time the regular 2011-12 season began and they never got around to airing the last episode. Episode 13, titled “The Benefit of Full Disclosure,” was later made available online via iTunes, Amazon and Netflix. It was the second episode directed by The Wonder Years vet Fred Savage.

To no surprise, NBC has cancelled Friends with Benefits so we’ll never find out if the friends ever found their own “happily ever afters.”

What do you think? Did you enjoy this NBC sitcom? Do you think it would have done better and have been renewed if it had aired during the regular season?

Jeronimo February 22, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Sad that’s over! I’ve found two weeks ago on Netflix

Luis medina February 17, 2013 at 2:01 am

Just found it on netflix a week ago and love it highly upset there’s no season 2 that’s why nbc sucks

Anonymous January 13, 2013 at 3:32 pm

i JUST watched all the episodes today im in love with this show and now i see its cancled im pist off -__-

Kayla January 3, 2013 at 3:53 am

Just found this show on Netflix. It’s a very good show. I have quickly fallen in love with it, and now come to find out, they have cancelled the entire thing? Such a disappointment. In my opinion, I think they had it running at a bad time. They should bring it back, and if they did then it would most likely get better ratings.

Jamiesa November 20, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Found this on Netflix a couple weeks ago. Fell in love with the show. Wasnt able to find season 2 , and come to find it was canceled. Its a great show. I hope someone sponsers it and brings it back. I’d love to see a season two and im sure so many others would as well, now that its gotten a little publicity on itunes, amazon & Netflix.

Tim tup November 7, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Very big mistake in stopping the show.

Tim tup November 7, 2012 at 3:16 pm

That show is funny. I just found it on Netflix and I watched every episode. I can’t believe their not going to continue it. Make a season two!!!! Plz

lesyle November 4, 2012 at 1:56 pm

i know it kinda late but please it really awesome i would do anything to get it back please

lesyle November 4, 2012 at 1:54 pm

please do season 2 it so goood cuz of the actors nd actress plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stacy October 14, 2012 at 9:41 am

Dang! I am always the lasts one to the party! So funny, and cancelled!!! I can see that the younger crew would not be interested in a series about themselves especially since it makes fun of all the hypocrisy. As a 40 something, it was a window into their crazy world! I will stay in mine, but enjoyed the glimpse into the 20 something crowd (albeit overly dramatized). Good work, it’s nice to think and laugh!

Anonymous September 3, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I just found friends with benefits and loved it! Was looking for the second sesond and found out it was cancelled :( I did not see any publicity for the show. Please put it back!

Lisa Lee August 25, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I just watched it on Netflicks and was so sad to see it was cancelled.. Put it back on!!! It got funnier and funnier

Chelsi August 13, 2012 at 5:15 am

I just saw it on netflix and i want it back on! I would love a Season 2!

sarah webber July 29, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Same found it on netflix..love the show.please bring it back!

John Warr July 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I love friends with benefits just found it on netflix but I’m afraid I’m too late :'(