Friends with Benefits

Friends with BenefitsNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 13 but only 12 aired (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: August 5, 2011 — September 9, 2011
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Ryan Hansen, Danneel Harris, Zach Cregger, Andre Holland and Jessica Lucas.

current TV show

TV show description:
This sitcom follows a group of five men and women in their twenties as they try to figure out the confusing and sometimes rewarding world of dating. Though their lives may get hectic, they’re never too busy to be supportive to a member of the group. In fact, that companionship often extends into a more intimate setting — the bedroom.

Ben Lewis (Ryan Hansen) is on the hunt for the perfect woman who meets his impossible set of high standards. His best friend is Sara Maxwell (Danneel Harris), a busy young doctor. She’s just looking for a nice, compatible man to settle down with and raise a family. Ben and Sara have fallen into the habit of turning to each other for moral and physical support as they wait for Mr. and Ms. Right to arrive. Could the person of their dreams be closer than either one realizes?

Their friend Aaron Greenway (Zach Cregger) is a successful tech genius, a romantic at heart, and isn’t quite sure what to make of Ben and Sara’s complicated friendship. But then, he and smooth ladykiller Julian “Fitz” Fitzgerald (Andre Holland) and gorgeous, free-spirited Riley Elliott (Jessica Lucas), are all usually too distracted by their own dating trials and tribulations.

Series Finale

Episode 13 — The Benefit of Full Disclosure
Sara and Ben agree to go on a double date with other people, an attractive tennis couple Lucas and Tazzi (Justin Bruening and Azita Ghanizada). They later find out that, like them, the couple are sleeping together. They also find out that Lucas and Tazzi only go out on dates with other people to mock them later. Sara and Ben go out on a second double date with them so that they can turn the tables and reject Lucas and Tazzi.

Fitz and Aaron come up with a plan to get rid of Riley’s new guy, Clay (John Forest), who believes in being absolutely honest about everything. It backfires and Riley still likes the guy. In the process, Aaron mistakenly tells Fitz that Sara and Ben are sleeping together. Fitz goes to the restaurant and ruins Sara and Ben’s plan at the last minute.

Aaron comes clean to Riley about his feelings for her. She acknowledges that Clay is only for right now. She’s not ready for a serious relationship yet, like one that she would have with Aaron. In the final moments of the show Riley breaks up with Clay after he’s a little too honest for her.
This episode was directed by The Wonder Years vet Fred Savage.
First aired: released online only.

space

Chris June 27, 2012 at 10:19 am

I also just finished watching this extremely short series on netflix as well. Honestly, it had me extremely addicted and I wanted to keep watching it. Just like some of the other people who commented, I also feel that this show obviously wasn’t advertised very well! I hadn’t even heard of it until the beginning of this month (June 2012) when I was browsing through netflix.

Michelle Macchia June 19, 2012 at 6:13 am

NOOOOOO!!! I have been waiting for this summer to see what happens!!! I am getting so sick of the networks putting on shows and then cancelling them. I am really going to stop watching any new show. COME ON NBC …you are not ABC or the CW!!!!! Put the show back on the cast was perfect!

Clint June 13, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I enjoyed this show. Just finished watching all 13 episodes on Netflix! I would love to see more! Another network should pickup this show!

AAron G June 8, 2012 at 9:35 pm

noooo, that sucks that they cancelled it, they just didnt advertise for it enough if they did at all. great cast and probablly best tv show ive seen, hopefully a different network will keep it going

katie b June 8, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Cant believe this show was cancelled. It was pretty good, especially compared to all the boring shows that NBC has. Yea i saw it on netflix. Hey NBC, maybe your ad guys should have done a better job

Grant Jorgenson May 20, 2012 at 8:27 am

I love this show! When it was on I never heard about it! The writing and actors in this series are terrific!!!!!!!!!!!! Awful it was cancelled so early, maybe the fact it wasn’t advertised very well might have something to do with it, ya think? Oh yeah I hope someone gives it another shot on a dif network! I’ll advertise it with everyone I know 4 sure! GJ

Wendy May 13, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I really love this show I never saw until Netflix but it should have done more advertising I never knew about this show. It is so good I hope it can keep going!! Maybe if they did more ads people would have gotten in to it! I love it I hope it can come back!!!

Anonymous April 3, 2012 at 8:17 pm

PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW PLEAASSSEEE!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Kate December 23, 2011 at 6:31 pm

The Show is AWESOME! They should have have made more adds for it. If there would be a count on Internet pages where you can watch the Tv-Shows for free, it would add all the european people who love to watch this show. I have friends who watch it over and over again! It should not be cancelled, but given a secound chance…it’s even worth a third chance!

Larisa November 12, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Why did they cancel it??? Everyone loved this show!!!! Just because of Justin’s movie with the same name? That’s not fair!

admin November 12, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Larisa ยป They cancelled it because very few people watched it.

Sean September 28, 2011 at 4:21 pm

BOOOOOOO THIS show was soo good . Ill miss you Jessica Lucas…..

Jaymi September 23, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I really, really liked this show. :( The cast was perfect.

Martin W. September 22, 2011 at 2:27 am

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! PLEASE DON’T CANCEL IT!!!! PLEASE NBC!!! :(

Kara H. September 15, 2011 at 3:53 am

No!!! I loved this show!! :”(

Lyle Skeen August 5, 2011 at 11:49 pm

omg i looove it!!!!!!! they better not cancel it like they did with amazing Love Bites!! anyways this a keep keep keeper nbc