Friends with Better Lives: Cancelled Sitcom to Be Saved?

Friends with Better Lives: canceled sitcom or season two?Yesterday, CBS cancelled Friends with Better Lives after just five episodes. That’s a pretty quick decision. The studio thinks it’s too quick.

Friends with Better Lives revolves around six young people who are at various stages of their lives — married, divorced, newly engaged, and single. Each wonders if the others have it better. The cast includes Majandra Delfino, Kevin Connolly, Brooklyn Decker, Rick Donald, Zoe Lister-Jones, and James Van Der Beek.

The sitcom premiered to positive numbers (following the series finale of How I Met Your Mother) but the ratings have fallen quite a bit in subsequent weeks.

The numbers were too low for CBS but 20th Century Fox Television, the studio that produces the show, has decided to try shopping the series elsewhere.

CBS will presumably air the rest of the original 13 episodes so it seems like this would be a very tough sell. Still, you never know. If the studio is motivated enough to make a deal, we may see a second season of Friends with Better Lives yet.

What do you think? Would you like to see a second season of Friends with Better Lives? Would you follow the series to cable or some other outlet?

Canceled and renewed TV show

357 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Mara says

FWBL is the ONLY GOOD show on CBS!!!! Give it a chance!!! I heard they are replacing it with Mom. Can’t believe it. That show is SOOO unbelievably DUMB!

2. Misty says

I Cant believe they want to cancel this show probably one of the funniest shows since friends. Yet we keep shows like Two and a Half men which hasn’t been funny since Sheen left, Mike and Molly which started out good and all these reality shows. I sure hope another channel picks it up, PLEASE SOMEONE PICK IT UP I love this show

• Mara says

I agree!! Two and a Half Men should have been put out to pasture after Charlie Sheen. It’s so unbelievably dumb that I stopped watching!! Even Two Broke Girls has surpassed it’s expiration date. Please reconsider FWBL !!

3. John says

Really? with so many crappy shows out there they choose to cancel this one? it wasn’t the best thing in the world but it was good enough to look forward for the new ep’s.

4. Amy says

I seriously loved this show!! And I want it back! I got my entire family to start watching it and so many of my friends too. I loved the show how I met your mother and I was really sad to see it go but this show was just as awesome!! I hope it stays.

5. Toni Flanagan says

This show was freaking AWESOME. I could not believe they cancelled this show. I would watch it no matter what network it was on…..the potential and the actors of this should be given a chance to grow!