Friends with Better Lives: CBS Comedy Cancelled after Five Episodes

friends with better lives tv show canceledIn its pursuit to find shows with better ratings, CBS has cancelled Friends with Better Lives, the new Monday night sitcom.

Friends with Better Lives follows the lives of six young people who are at various stages of their lives — married, divorced, newly engaged, and single — with each wondering if the others have it better. The cast includes Majandra Delfino, Kevin Connolly, Brooklyn Decker, Rick Donald, Zoe Lister-Jones, and James Van Der Beek.

This new sitcom debuted at the end of March, following the series finale of How I Met Your Mother. Not surprisingly, it drew solid ratings.

Unfortunately, when Friends with Better Lives returned in its regular timeslot a couple weeks later, viewership dropped more than 25%.

The ratings dropped lower after that and the most recent installment hit a series low with a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demograpjic with 4.92 million viewers. For CBS, that just won’t cut it.

The network ordered 13 episodes of the sitcom and five have aired so far. Two more are still on the schedule so it’s unclear right now if the network will end up releasing the rest.

What do you think? Do you think that CBS should have cancelled Friends with Better Lives or renewed it for a second season instead? Will you keep watching?

Stacey July 22, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Don’t cancel it! It was funny! Was a hard time slot to follow after the ending of How I Met Your Mother. Needs another chance!

Russel July 19, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Seriously. We watched the test pilot at a private viewing to give our opinions. It’s one if the funniest shows on the air. What a dumb mistake. Maybe abc or nbc will pick it up

Victoria July 11, 2014 at 2:39 am

Nooooo!!! I love that show, please don’t cancel it.

Anthony July 11, 2014 at 12:23 pm

CBS IS SO STUPID FOR CANCELLING THIS SHOW!!!
CBS MUST HAVE IDIOTS WORKING FOR THEM…
THEY CANCEL THIS HILLARIOUS SHOW BUT KEEP
THE PRICE IS RIGHT. KILL THAT SHOW ALONG WITH DREW.
BIGGEST MISTAKE IN CBS HISTORY.
CBS PLEASE FIRE THE IDIOT WHO DECIDED TO CANCELL
THIS SHOW. YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITH OUT THAT LOSER!!!

Dawn Roebuck July 8, 2014 at 5:21 pm

I can’t believe they cancelled this. It was a laugh out loud comedy. I loved it.

Chris July 8, 2014 at 8:38 am

After watching Two broke girls, Mom Two n Half men last night cannt understand missing FWBL whole lots of laughs about real life. Others can not touch it

Chris July 7, 2014 at 7:13 am

CBS nuts the show needs time and is the funniest show on since big bang and original
2 n half men. easily best new comedy better than Mom Mike n Molly ect….. come on CBS get it right

Melonie July 6, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Please do not cancel this show! It is very funny & has a great ensemble. I love this show! Please give it another chance.

Ness July 2, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Pls renew the show!!!

Brenda July 2, 2014 at 1:05 pm

This show is hilarious! Please give it another chance. I think friends with better lives deserves a chance to develop a relationship with the viewing audience. It was almost impossible to find the show after the time slot was moved.
Fortunately, our DVR was able to record the few episodes that were allowed to air.
My husband and I are very disappointed that CBS has canceled this show. This is a tragic mistake on your part.

Anonymous July 1, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Wtf it was great what kind of arc can you give characters in five episodes. That’s what happens when ur not a cable channel

Terry silver July 1, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Loved it!!!

Judith Shields July 1, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Really bummed that the show was cancelled, I really liked it

Mike Harry July 1, 2014 at 10:32 am

You keep a terrible show like ‘The Millers” and cancel “Friends with Better Lives”? No wonder network television is dying. Good riddance.

Alisha Dunne June 30, 2014 at 3:41 pm

My husband and I both LOVED this show! It was hilarious and in my opinion right up with our favorite show, The Big Bang Theory! I am very sad to hear it’s been cancelled!

Linda Martinez June 29, 2014 at 5:48 am

I LOVED THIS SHOW!!!!….I LAUGHED/CRIED EVERY EPISODE IT WAS SO FUNNY!!!!….PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE BRING IT BACK ON!!!!!