Gary Unmarried: TV Show Cancelled, No Season Three

Gary UnmarriedAfter two seasons on the air, CBS has pulled the plug on their Wednesday night sitcom, Gary Unmarried. The TV show won’t be back in the fall for season three.

Gary Unmarried revolves around a newly-divorced house-painter and dad, Gary Brooks (Jay Mohr), who’s readjusting to the single life. Others in the cast include Paula Marshall, Ryan Malgarini, Kathryn Newton, Keegan-Michael Key, and Brooke D’Orsay.

The sitcom debuted in September of 2008 to a mediocre 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.84 million viewers. The first season’s 20 episodes ended up averaging a 2.2 in the demo and 7.06 million viewers.

Those numbers put Gary Unmarried on the bubble for renewal. It ultimately escaped cancellation, likely because CBS co-produces the sitcom and decided to keep trying to make the Wednesday night comedy block work.

This season, the show’s ratings didn’t improve, averaging a 2.2 in the demo and 6.8 million viewers.

That wasn’t good enough to earn a renewal this time around and CBS has cancelled the series after 37 episodes. The network has also canned The New Adventures of Old Christine and Accidentally on Purpose.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Gary Unmarried’s been cancelled, that there won’t be a third season?

Netherlands February 24, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Love the show!!! Why thid it stop!!!

Cat February 24, 2012 at 5:53 am

We love gary unmarried!

It seems vieuwers all over the world love the series so why pull the plug??
I keep hoping for a third season!

Norway! February 23, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I just love, Gary Unmarried!!! I dont understand why they cancelled the show, or, I know it’s because of the viewers, but still….! It rocks! ;)
Best regards from Norway! ;)

MZ February 22, 2012 at 5:53 am

I really liked this movie and don’t understand why they put an end to it.
please give us the season 3 .

Anonymous February 20, 2012 at 12:14 pm

It’s a shame.. One of the few good shows..

Twan February 17, 2012 at 10:49 am

GIMME BACK MY GARY UNMARRIED.

Onga Vellem February 15, 2012 at 8:56 am

I am a south african and i love this program and season 2 ends in a great traditional way…so follow on the tradition and allow another season…PLEASE!!!!!!!

Henk February 14, 2012 at 4:28 pm

We all love Gary Unmarried!! Such a pity there’s no season 3..

marvin February 12, 2012 at 10:40 am

I am saddened 4 tha cancelation of gary unmarried s3…I think CBC got their stats all wrong bcoz the show was a top notch hilarious jaw breakn series th@ deserves a 10.0 rating nothing less..they really nid 2 rethink their decision.

A Dijk February 7, 2012 at 10:34 am

Hello,here in Holland we love Gary Unnmaried. Why did they stopped it. That is so sad. I hope they soon can start up with a new season !

Segun February 6, 2012 at 5:11 am

Gary Unmarried is one of the most hilarious comedy series i have ever seen, i don’t know why the really good series don’t get enough ratings and end up getting cancelled. I think the producers should get a wide variety of viewer opinions before they cancel shows even if they are not making as much money from it as others because i can’t think of anybody who has seen it and not like it. Also i think the reason its not keeping up on the ratings is because there are a lot of other series comedy with the same theme out there that are not as good as it so people tend to classify all of them together e.g the new adventures of old Christine. If it can be done, i would love if it could be brought back without changing any of the cast (they are perfect, especially Jay Mohr, he is hilarious)

Segun, Nigeria

the field February 3, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Australia Loves gary Unmarried. No, Scratch that. THE WORLD LOVES AND NEEDS GARY UNMARRIED! Reconsider and make that 3rd season happen!

Quintin February 3, 2012 at 6:41 am

Gary unmarried is an great series wish they would start season 3 would love to know whats going to happen with Gary and his wife!!!!!
BTW i am an South African…!!!

Frans February 1, 2012 at 2:35 am

I really home they change their minds about the 3rd season, coz we all in South Africa love Gary unmarried. Its funny as hell…..

Sweden January 31, 2012 at 9:45 am

Hi, I’m from Sweden and I love Gary Unnmaried. It’s sad that they cancelled the show.. I hope they can start up the show all over again!