General Hospital: ABC Soap Set for 2014-15 Season

general hospital renewedDeadline reports that, while ABC doesn’t typically announce renewals of their soaps (they just don’t cancel them), General Hospital will be back next season. The show has been posting some of its best numbers in seven years.

This follows the recent announcements from NBC and CBS that Days of Our Lives, The Young And The Restless, and The Bold & The Beautiful had all been renewed.

What do you think? Are you a fan? Are you glad that all four soaps are returning?

Diana Busgio April 7, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Don’t cancel General Hospital. The last thing the network needs is another talk show or reality show. They are really boring and GH is really good.

mitchell bourque March 21, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I can’t tell favorite show in the w how happy I am that general hospital is not going to cancel. I have been since 2011. And I feel happy when I watch it. Even my MAMMA is watching it with me. i have cerebral palzy. i go to a program called CAPS its for special needs like me. I get .home a 3pm . .i I have a dvr so i when I get home i put it right on. so please keep it on for ever!!!! I would be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much be upset and hurt , you cancel any otter show BUT NOT EVER EVER GENERAL HOSPITAL THAT WOULD KILL ME a lot more than you know. its my 10000%much fq

Sheila Gomez February 25, 2014 at 4:59 pm

So glad General Hospital and Young and Restless are continuing on. They are both excellent shows”, with great actors and actresses. Started General H. In1968, and Young and Restless since day one. This was a wise decision on the part of the people who make them.

Mary February 12, 2014 at 11:53 am

I am glad that GH isn’t going anywhere. That is the only soap opera I watch since OLTL was cancelled. I used to watch DOOL but since Peter Reckell’s character left, I don’t watch it anymore. That storyline leaves ALOT to be desired as far as I’m concerned. At least GH does have new storylines and keep most of the old ones from being TOO Repetitive. I just wish that “Brit” would go bye bye as well as her Mother. That way Nicholas and Elizbeth can get back together beings Lucky is no longer there. Another character i want to see leave GH is Ava Jerome. I did not like her before and now I like her even less.

Natalie January 27, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I watch all four soaps and I’m glad that they have all renewed. I have watched and loved General Hospital for over 25 years and I love it, but current story line with Dr. Silas Clay is so obvious it’s pathetic. Silas’s psycho twin brother (I’m having brain freeze about his name) firged the script, bought the meds, & injected them into Silas’ wife! I sure hope they are smart enough to wrap this storyline up quickly and not carry them all the way thru February Sweeps!

Karen Kennedy January 23, 2014 at 7:04 am

Thrilled been watching since late 70′s. The last year has been fantastic! Writers,actors,crew everyone kudos.

peter January 23, 2014 at 1:10 am

So Glad …. I still Miss ALL MY CHILDREN, and ONE LIFE TO LIVE….

So hate those Nasty reality and Talk Shows …. “BORING”

c branning January 23, 2014 at 1:08 am

Th reason General Hospital has the largest numbers in seven years is because One Life to Live and All my Children are gone. I tried watching on line but the acting and story lines were not up to par. I would love for ABC to bring them back with the same great actors and storylines.

Linda Hayes January 22, 2014 at 11:32 pm