General Hospital: ABC Soap Set for 2014-15 Season

general hospital renewedDeadline reports that, while ABC doesn’t typically announce renewals of their soaps (they just don’t cancel them), General Hospital will be back next season. The show has been posting some of its best numbers in seven years.

This follows the recent announcements from NBC and CBS that Days of Our Lives, The Young And The Restless, and The Bold & The Beautiful had all been renewed.

What do you think? Are you a fan? Are you glad that all four soaps are returning?

Loretta Smith October 22, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I have been watching GH with my Mom, 1963, I was 8 coming home and hearing that music. We watch it during the summer. My point 5. things 1. Steve Hardy would be very dispointed of the Cheif of Staff. 2. Anna is NOT a good commissioner she could not find a crook Ava, Jerry Jacks, Jerrmo, Heather, Todd Lisa I could go on on on. Bring Max back as commissioner. 3. The writer of GH or they new they have no idea what make a good storyline. Back in the day Luke and Laura time it left you on the edge of your seat we could not wait until the next day. we talk about all day (I was younger) Now it is so Iam trying to be kind. Boring the storyline or draging to long, a lot of storyline that do not get solve. They the writer or making our character look STUPID.
4. Todd and Star John Send they back to Landview. Todd still act like Todd, not Franko, Star still act like Star, John act like John cop not a DR. Billy Miller is a very good actor.
5. Oliva she be with Sonny

BRENDA September 8, 2014 at 12:55 pm

OMG – After watching GH off and on for 30+ years, I’m not sure I could go on without it!

Cheri Serra August 15, 2014 at 6:55 pm

General Hospital has had the best stories ever. But please get rid of Maxi’s weird man. It is so great to see a lot of the past characters coming back. But really has no one noticed this is not Luke? Please send Sam to find him and end this frustration.

Sue Malin August 15, 2014 at 3:35 pm

cancel it! 3 gays getting together for sex! Appalling!!!

Anonymous June 30, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Get rid of that jerk with maxie, he is a terrible actor and don’t let him take his shirt off anymore. gh must have hired the writers for Phyllis newmans character when they hired Phyllis to be on the show. dump all of them they are terrible. the actor is as bad on gh as on y&r. gh needs to get new writers the current ones are horrible and the show is becoming very boring.

Nancylee June 11, 2014 at 1:54 am

GH needed to back to 3pm or I can’t watch it

Diana Busgio April 7, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Don’t cancel General Hospital. The last thing the network needs is another talk show or reality show. They are really boring and GH is really good.

jolene debord September 13, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I love General Hospital, have watched it for years, Hate Talk shows…..just wish you all wouldn’t put those 3 gay men on there that is terrible , i get up and leave when you all show them , don’t see why they are even on there in the first place..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mitchell bourque March 21, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I can’t tell favorite show in the w how happy I am that general hospital is not going to cancel. I have been since 2011. And I feel happy when I watch it. Even my MAMMA is watching it with me. i have cerebral palzy. i go to a program called CAPS its for special needs like me. I get .home a 3pm . .i I have a dvr so i when I get home i put it right on. so please keep it on for ever!!!! I would be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much be upset and hurt , you cancel any otter show BUT NOT EVER EVER GENERAL HOSPITAL THAT WOULD KILL ME a lot more than you know. its my 10000%much fq

Sheila Gomez February 25, 2014 at 4:59 pm

So glad General Hospital and Young and Restless are continuing on. They are both excellent shows”, with great actors and actresses. Started General H. In1968, and Young and Restless since day one. This was a wise decision on the part of the people who make them.

Mary February 12, 2014 at 11:53 am

I am glad that GH isn’t going anywhere. That is the only soap opera I watch since OLTL was cancelled. I used to watch DOOL but since Peter Reckell’s character left, I don’t watch it anymore. That storyline leaves ALOT to be desired as far as I’m concerned. At least GH does have new storylines and keep most of the old ones from being TOO Repetitive. I just wish that “Brit” would go bye bye as well as her Mother. That way Nicholas and Elizbeth can get back together beings Lucky is no longer there. Another character i want to see leave GH is Ava Jerome. I did not like her before and now I like her even less.

Natalie January 27, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I watch all four soaps and I’m glad that they have all renewed. I have watched and loved General Hospital for over 25 years and I love it, but current story line with Dr. Silas Clay is so obvious it’s pathetic. Silas’s psycho twin brother (I’m having brain freeze about his name) firged the script, bought the meds, & injected them into Silas’ wife! I sure hope they are smart enough to wrap this storyline up quickly and not carry them all the way thru February Sweeps!

Karen Kennedy January 23, 2014 at 7:04 am

Thrilled been watching since late 70’s. The last year has been fantastic! Writers,actors,crew everyone kudos.

peter January 23, 2014 at 1:10 am

So Glad …. I still Miss ALL MY CHILDREN, and ONE LIFE TO LIVE….

So hate those Nasty reality and Talk Shows …. “BORING”

c branning January 23, 2014 at 1:08 am

Th reason General Hospital has the largest numbers in seven years is because One Life to Live and All my Children are gone. I tried watching on line but the acting and story lines were not up to par. I would love for ABC to bring them back with the same great actors and storylines.

Linda Hayes January 22, 2014 at 11:32 pm