George Lopez: A Reunion of the Sitcom Cast on Lopez Tonight

George LopezThere was a small uproar when George Lopez and his sitcom left ABC in 2007. Lopez himself was very vocal about the cancellation and spoke out against the network decision. He felt that George Lopez was cancelled in part because it wasn’t produced by ABC’s in-house studio.

But, you can’t keep a good comic down and Lopez has been having good luck hosting his own nightly talk show on TBS. The show’s only been on for a few weeks and he’s wasting no time in reuniting his old TV clan.

Tomorrow night, December 15th, be sure to tune in to Lopez Tonight to see the host reunite with Constance Marie (wife Angie), Belita Moreno (mother “Benny”), Valente Rodriguez (best buddy Ernie), Masiela Lusha (daughter Carmen), Luis Armand Garcia (son Max), and Aimee Garcia (niece Veronica).

Though it appears that Emiliano Diez (Angie’s dad, Vic) is still working, he’s not currently slated to take part.

It sounds like the producers of the show are going all out for the reunion as they’ve been looking for the sitcom’s biggest fans as well as people who look like the characters. The cast will also be taking part in a special series finale scene since their show didn’t get a true ending.

The special reunion episode of Lopez Tonight airs on Tuesday, December 15th, at 11pm on TBS.

What do you think? Do you miss George Lopez? Would you like to see a reunion of the characters? Will you be watching the cast reunion on Lopez Tonight?

biggest fan June 24, 2010 at 1:05 am

they should make a moive of them all grown up i think it would be a great idea

chelsey noranda January 18, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Man!!! George Lopez has totally changed my life!! We watch it every night on Nick at Night, and we are so grateful that their still showing it!! ABC family is frekn gay!! alot of my friends and i mean ALOT have stopped watching ABC family infact alot of my buds have actually cancelled it because they took off George Lopez. I frekn love that guy ABC family is frekn gay!!!

WANDA DAVIS January 6, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I REALLY LOVE GEORGE LOPEZ,I THINK HE’S SO FUNNY WITH HIS DIALOGUE AND HIS EXPRESSIONS. MY NIECE AND I LIKE TO SAY”MEMBER? YOU MEMBER?”
ABC NEVER KNOW A GOOD THING WHEN THEY SEE IT!!!!!!
thank goodness for nick at nite.

صور December 20, 2009 at 2:18 am

i wonder about the ABC network policy .. they always take weird decisions !!

Lopez biggest fan December 16, 2009 at 5:31 pm

Wait so im confused. Is it just a scene or is there a special finale .episode going to premiere sometime? I saw the ending seen on Lopez Tonight, But i was under the impression that they were gonna be making one last episode. Please tell me thats correct

admin December 16, 2009 at 5:34 pm

@Lopez biggest fan: No, there won’t be a new episode. He was referring to those specially-created finale scenes that you saw on Lopez Tonight.

Anthony December 16, 2009 at 3:20 pm

Emiliano Diez was not in the talk show part of the reunion show, but he did make a cameo in the finale “scene” they shot as he was in the diner after walking in with Valente Rodriguez.

The reunion show was good, but it almost seemed like they didnt talk much about the kids. And I know that Aimee Garcia is working. But Trauma is getting canceled whereas the other two they just barely mentioned them.

It was good to see them on the show, but could have been better.

Rose December 16, 2009 at 11:26 am

I do miss the show, in general, but specifically a denouement would have been nice as a series finale. Great actors!

I am sorry Emiliano Diez was not on the Lopez Tonight reunion show. Watched it, enjoyed it, but he was sorely missed.

Becky V December 15, 2009 at 9:58 pm

My WHOLE family LOVES George Lopez!!! We watch it every chance we get.

Lopez biggest fan December 15, 2009 at 4:50 pm

I would love to see the renunion of the cast, i wished they would have never cancelled the show. And i looked everywhere trying to find out what station it came on and what time. Then i found this thanks a lot M8.

Anonymous December 15, 2009 at 4:23 pm

George Lopez is the not funny at all. I am annoyed everytime his commercials come on.

Steven Leitner December 14, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Veronica was George’s niece, not his daughter.

admin December 14, 2009 at 9:00 pm

@Steven Leitner: Fixed. Thanks for the catch!