Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls: Season One Ratings

Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls: canceled or renewed?On NBC’s Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls, contestants try to survive challenges and win big. That’s what the network is hoping to do as well. Will this new TV show bring in big ratings? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Time will tell.

Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls airs on Monday nights and there are eight episodes. Below are the TV show’s ratings for the Summer 2013 season. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress so keep checking back to see how the series is doing.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 08/26/13
1.3 in the demo (+18% change) with 4.15 million (+22% change).
Season averages: 1.31 in the demo with 3.83 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 08/19/13
1.1 in the demo (-21% change) with 3.41 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.31 in the demo with 3.78 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 08/12/13
1.4 in the demo (+8% change) with 3.71 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.84 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 08/05/13
1.3 in the demo (+8% change) with 3.79 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.34 in the demo with 3.87 million.

Episode 01-04: Monday, 07/29/13
1.2 in the demo (-14% change) with 3.76 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.88 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 07/22/13
1.4 in the demo (+8% change) with 3.67 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.93 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 07/15/13
1.3 in the demo (-13% change) with 3.88 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 4.05 million.

Episode 01-01: Monday, 07/08/13
1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.23 million total viewers.
Season averages:1.50 in the demo with 4.23 million.

The premiere didn’t bring in impressive ratings but it was their second-best premiere of the summer to date (behind America’s Got Talent).

What do you think? Do you still like the Get Out Alive TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season on NBC?

Jeanie soyars January 21, 2014 at 3:58 pm

This show might have done better with more promotion. I stumbled on to it by accident when I could not find anything else to watch. Really enjoyed it, so I picked up the previous two episodes on demand. Anyone who likes The Amazing Race would like this. I hope it can be saved.

T. C. Madrid November 14, 2013 at 12:56 am

Please renew this show, and invite me to be a contestant!!! I would win this thing! Best reality show out there by far. No fake drama, real scenarios, great host, and TV at its best.

Doreen October 20, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Renew this. It is real and not scripted.

Carla October 19, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I really enjoyed this reality endurance show, it didn’t seem to be as mean spirited as others and I feel the eliminations were done fairly. I hope it will be renewed, I know I will watch again.

Marie October 10, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Please renew. Really enjoyed.

William September 3, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Really enjoyed the program and think it should be renewed. Please keep it going !!

Anonymous September 2, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Loved it. Please renew.

Brandon September 1, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Yes, there should be a second season.

Mitch Hjelseth August 27, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I want a second season now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul August 14, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I was a big fan of this show till last week when Bear took out Royce and Kyle and was shown to be homophobic! Cancel this show! It’s hasn’t brought great ratings and it should be cancelled

Melysah T-S August 9, 2013 at 11:40 am

Dont think it should be cancelled at all! Our family have been avid hikers and love the outdoors. We have watched SURVIVOR all the seasons but the first though my husband and children have slowly become disenchanted with the “social” aspect of the game and think the name of the show should be changed since its not merely about surviving so much as being convining and manipulative as well. Bear’s show is EXACTLY what my husband and I envisioned for a “survivor” show. Compelling obstacles, making shelter and fire, eating from the land, and absolutely breath taking areas. It’s the only thing we watch right now on tv and every Monday night we wish we were there ourselves. PLEASE keep this show!

william huddleston August 16, 2013 at 12:53 am

uhhumm, m T-H doesnt seem to get it either. the show is not about manipulation and conniving and not about grand vista backdrops (but they are excellent on my new HD screen).

Melysah T-S August 16, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Ummmmm, William h if you were referring to my above statements I wasn’t implying that bears show was about manipulation or conniving at all. I was referring to Survivor. Also, in your later post it sounds like you’re perhaps wanting it to be more Survivoresque? I agree with bear perhaps needing to let the groups know what they “should” have done to do things better (as in last episode regarding shelter…what do you do with all those sticks? You got a better idea bear, by all means tell us all so we can all get out alive for gods sake!). Microphones on groups…maybe like the idea. Personally more interested in the whole survival aspect of the whole show but agree ratings would probably improve with a little tension even though I disagree with it as I think it aids in the disinigration of already ailing television programming.

Terryshilo July 30, 2013 at 1:42 am

I’m hoping the two best friends from West Hollywood or the son and and dad from Washington state win. It’s tough, because so far they all have seemed to be likeable people. I don’t see the black couple winning.. they’ve tried and overcome so much, it’s their age, and slowing the other teams down that I believe will ultimately have them eliminated. The young lady needs to be a little bit more respectful towards her mother. Most are only at their physical peak when younger and she needs to realize the strength she sees in her mother is an older version of herself. The buddies from Texas are a couple a real strong contestants especially the one doing this after having crushed his leg not so long ago. I really like this program, I’m a fan of Bear’s and the scenery and toned down vitriol makes this more enjoyable to watch. Good luck to all of them. I can’t say there’s one of them that hasn’t given it their all to this point.

william huddleston July 21, 2013 at 4:56 pm

this show is the only program i have watched on network tv since i abandoned suvivor a couple of years ago,. put some ads on discovery and NG to pull in more satelite/cable dwellers. needs more old coots and at least one attorney/non MD medical personnel. the 20 somethings act and look like came from a cookie cutter. need more regional characters like obligate southerners with a drawl and NEsterners with boston, maine, NY accent, a louisiana cajun or creol, SOtexas hispanics, amerind. liked first 3 shows – you should set up all contestants with wireless microphones so audience can hear what they are really thinking and saying to each other, even from long shots. winning teams should have been able to take food back from feast to trade, sharing?? and cause a little discord in the group. I realize that the goal is to get everybody out alive and appeals to altruistic qualities in contestants, but face it in a real situation there would be hoarder, and self sacrificing members in a group.. check you after 4th episode. are ratings good enough to warrant second season so you can get things more interesting right?

william huddleston August 16, 2013 at 12:45 am

update, has been interesting set of episodes. watchng it every monday night, viewing loyalty, which is rare for me. would have predicted wilson et al would go, but not some others. GB homophobe? i thought those to guys were, just like, from california. it is kind of obvious that the contestants were mostly doing their own thing and not taking the subtle or even overt cues from Grylls. next season needs more organic visuals, gutting goats, dirty faces, sweat dripping. the camera crew needs to put in more work at getting visuals, contestant comment “on the road” and during the treks, not just recap after a rest and shower. where were all the negative comments from the 2o something whineygirl??? should have had scene in pilot of each persons pile of person gear, clothes, ticktacks, scittles, powerbars that they leave behind and what they get to have – own underwear, gb oufits, pack. etc GB needs to be more graphic in telling why x and y wouldnt get out alive. at least in the last 2-3 episodes he had more than one team squirming at elimination. it also looks like the teams have too much soap and water. and are not scrounging and improvising on off camera days. BG could use the resourcefullness on non filming days to tip final decision. clips from base camp life could fuel bonus episode/outakes or internet video. i guess this should be addressed to BG cause i want to see another season. mic ing the contestants could hel BG hear what is actually going on and be more omnicient rather than only watching from afar. i would like to have seen a rock falling rolling into the ravine below the rope crawl so the scale could be realized.have there been any talk show iterviews with booted teams.???
this is a keeper. get GB out scouting another location ASAP.

Aric Davis July 18, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I really want to be on this show, where can I go to fill out the application ?

rikk panzera July 12, 2013 at 7:23 pm

how do you apply to be a contestant on Bear Grylls GET Out Alive show.