CBS Dumps Encores of Ghost Whisperer, Accidentally on Purpose, and The New Adventures of Old Christine

The New Adventures of Old ChristineLast week, CBS surprised many when they cancelled some of their long-running shows like The New Adventures of Old Christine and Ghost Whisperer. The network also axed freshman sitcom Accidentally on Purpose.

Though these TV shows won’t be returning next season with new episodes, some viewers were likely planning to enjoy their reruns over the summer. Not anymore.

CBS has now purged the three cancelled series from their schedule. On Wednesdays, repeats of How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement will fill the 8-9pm timeslot until Big Brother takes over on July 14th.

After tonight, the network plans to move Medium into the 8pm timeslot on Friday nights and run crime dramas at 9pm. Medium will hold the earlier timeslot in the fall. The final encore of Ghost Whisperer on CBS will air this evening as previously scheduled.

Canceled and renewed TV show

58 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. LindaDClark says

I thought the network had decided to renew Ghost Whisperer for 6th season. I beg you to reconsider. Many people love this show, myself included. Surely writers could freshen up the series with the focus on Melinda protecting Aiden from some nasty spirits who have found a “portal” through to Grandview and want to turn him to use his power for their benefit. I think the book of changes should stay as a central source of information and perhaps Melinda’s Grandmother could return and between she and Carl, provide Melinda with the extra help she would need to rid Grandview of the evil threat. Just a thought. Story lines are endless. Please bring back Ghost Whisperer starting with a TV movie to premiere the season and well advertised to ramp up ratings.

2. Lauren says

I am really disappointed in CBS they put good shows on and then cancle all of them. I have absolutly no interest in watchin CBS unless you bring back GARY UNMARRIED AND THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE. These shows were good and funny. You replace the shows with Crime investigationg crap that no one is interested in. You really need to think about this and bring back the good shows like GHOST WHISPER, GARRY UNMARRIED AND OLD CHRISTINE then you will get the people to watch CBS again

3. Lauren Ciallella says

Ok First off you should not have cancled Gary Unmarried it was a great comedy. A lot of people enjoyed the show. Atleast give it another chance and make season 3. These show are funny. You get rid of good shows but keep garbage shows. stick with the comedy shows that everyone enjoyed. I am really disapointed and i don’t think that i will watch CBS that much anymore. the only time i will is when The Big Bang Theory goes on cause that show is EXCELLENT. You should bring back GARY UNMARRIED and OLD CHRISTINE they were good shows.

4. Jill says

I can’t believe Ghost Whisperer was cancelled. I understand that the network was unhappy with the ratings however does the number of people watching Ghost Whisperer include the number of people that are using their DVR to watch it. Everyone I know uses DVR to watch everything. Everyone I know watched Ghost Whisperer but there again they recorded it to view at a later time. When cancelling shows because of their rating is this even considered as a factor that everyone is busy and DVR makes life a little easier. Please bring back Ghost Whisperer!!!!!!!!!

5. SweetP says

Why did you have to canel the ghost whisperer show, I keep checking to see if you changed you mind, but no such luck. I need my ghost whisperer for friday night. Bring it back pleeeease!

6. Hugh says

Seriously? Of all the shows to cancel, then replace with yet another stupid freaking bunch of “formula” crime dramas (BIG yawn)?? Ghost Whisperer is irreplaceable and UNIQUE. Have a little class, and a little vision, CBS. Get real and bring Ghost Whisperer back.

7. Ashleigh says

Omg CBS sucks I’m so disappointed and infuriated with them for canceling Ghost Whisperer that was my favorite show and so unique to other drama t.v shows!
    B@$tards!@!