The New Adventures of Old ChristineLast week, CBS surprised many when they cancelled some of their long-running shows like The New Adventures of Old Christine and Ghost Whisperer. The network also axed freshman sitcom Accidentally on Purpose.

Though these TV shows won’t be returning next season with new episodes, some viewers were likely planning to enjoy their reruns over the summer. Not anymore.

CBS has now purged the three cancelled series from their schedule. On Wednesdays, repeats of How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement will fill the 8-9pm timeslot until Big Brother takes over on July 14th.

After tonight, the network plans to move Medium into the 8pm timeslot on Friday nights and run crime dramas at 9pm. Medium will hold the earlier timeslot in the fall. The final encore of Ghost Whisperer on CBS will air this evening as previously scheduled.

Canceled and renewed TV show

59 Comments on "CBS Dumps Encores of Ghost Whisperer, Accidentally on Purpose, and The New Adventures of Old Christine"

Notify of

Steffani
Steffani
September 16, 2010 3:49 pm

It is awful that they cancelled Ghost Whisper. My daughter and I enjoyed watching that show every Friday. I wish they would have a season finale before CBS just cancels the show. That is a bummer.

Bethan
Bethan
September 14, 2010 1:45 pm

OMG I can’t believe they took off Ghost Whisperer, that was the one thing I looked forward to TV wise at the end of the week, I have just found this show and now they are taking it off the air; I want to know why they have cancelled such a good show. Also does anyone know if this website http://www.saveghostwhisperer.com/ is real or not because I don’t want to give money only to then find out it was a scam?

Maggie
Maggie
September 12, 2010 7:46 pm

I cannot believe they canceled Ghost Whisperer with unanswered questions. I have been watching this show from day one and was one of my favorites. I hope another network picks up the show. CBS is letting me down every season as they keep canceling the good shows. I only what two shows on that network now but if they keep canceling shows I guess I will be watching other stations. That is what happened with NBC, they only have one show I like. Someone please bring Ghost Whisperer back!!!!!

Tee
Tee
September 9, 2010 3:05 pm

We should start something to let the ghost whisperer going..

Stephanie
Stephanie
September 5, 2010 11:01 pm

I cannot believe CBS canceling Ghost Whisper . What are you thinking? That was a great show. Now what kind of crazy stuff will take it’s place? I guess my family and I will watch NBC from now on. My suggestion would be keep Ghost Whisper or lose a lot of viewers. When you have great shows like this why mess it up?

grrrrrrrr
August 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Omg this is truely a frustrating time when an adult can’t keep any good shows on to watch. Only teenybopper shows seem to survive . One stinking show I look forward to seeing is plucked out. Sorry I like Medium, but not as nearly as entertaining as Ghost Whisper. Ratings will drop thats for sure. PLLEEAASSEE some other net work pick up Ghost Whisper.

Amanda
Amanda
August 29, 2010 12:40 pm

man cbs really sucks for canceling ghost whisper and accidentally on purpose…
it really makes me not want to watch cbs anymore cuz if i find a new show to watch they will probably just cancel that one.
cbs needs to get some brains and stop pissing off there fans .

John
John
August 8, 2010 10:20 pm
They cancel all the good shows, numbers, ghost whisperer, cold case and then they wonder why people start watching cable stations like tnt, usa. I for one only see myself watching watching their station 2 days a week now, one show is ncis and the other is criminal minds. I no longer care for csi las vegas since grissom isn’t on there, don’t care much for the other 2 csi’s. Nbc also got rid of some good shows but I only see 1 on there that I will watch which is law and order svu. Keep up the good wokrk… Read more »
Kyna
Kyna
August 7, 2010 8:56 pm
I am not happy at all about the cancellation of Ghost Whisperer! I was wondering if there is something the viewers and fans can do to get maybe a final season to air (same cast and everything) to at least get un-answered questions… well answered. I feel that CBS was a bit strange, rude? (several other words for it, dont worry they are PG) for just plucking Ghost Whisperer out of there without a real ending. The viewers deserve a real ending to an amazing series. Does anyone know the real reason for taking it off the air? Because I… Read more »
caligirl323
caligirl323
August 5, 2010 4:06 am

omg !!! Ghost whisperer was the best show ever and cbs decides to cancel it..? I mean wtf were they thinkin.? It was the only best drama show that they had besides all those stupid cop shows ughh!! What a waste!!

MiMi
MiMi
August 6, 2010 7:37 pm

I agree…..it sucks!!!! watching ghost whisperer was apart of my friday night routine, they always cancel the good shows!!!!!!

Amber Soechtig
Amber Soechtig
August 4, 2010 1:52 pm
Wow cbs…I didn’t know you could do anything dumber….first you got rid of moonlight which was a big hit….then you are getting rid of all the good soaps….now ghost whisper? What is wrong with you people! Ghost whisper has been one of your most watched show for five seasons…and now you turn your back on it…well i hope no one wants to do business with you anymore…..i hope they discontinue cbs too…because all you like to do is upset your viewers…I will no longer be watching cbs and i have many friends and family who say the same….I cant wait… Read more »
Kimberlie
Kimberlie
August 2, 2010 8:24 pm
How come CBS runs stupid shows like How I Met Your Mother, all the CSI shows which are getting boring, The Big Bang Theory and yet they cancel really good shows like my one and only favorite, Ghost Whisperer. I admit, I like NCIS and The Mentalist and The Good Wife, but those will get canceled too. Just like canceling all the good soap operas that have been on for years. What is the problem? It is that stupid people think stupid shows are better than ones that really show how people care about what happens to others. Way to… Read more »
Anonymous
Anonymous
July 28, 2010 3:56 pm

dear sir’s I belive that ghost whisper should have a season 6 or 7 . you left this just like you did with jerico . NUTS , I think more veiwers would rather watch ghost whisper than shows like; how i met your mother or mike&molly. or medium. please bring back ghost whisper to cbs.

Logan
Logan
July 28, 2010 11:53 am

Wow. CBS is SOOO annoying. I LOOVED this show, but no, stupid CBS cancelled it! Ugh!! :[

Heather
Heather
July 26, 2010 10:22 pm

It’s sad CBS just canceled every t.v show i watch.

wpDiscuz