Ghost Whisperer: Series Ending Bothers Jennifer Love Hewitt

Ghost WhispererIt’s been many months now since CBS cancelled Ghost Whisperer. Many fans of the TV show are still shocked and upset about the cancellation and series star Jennifer Love Hewitt can sympathize.

In a recent interview with Zap2it, Hewitt revealed that she bought into the rumors that ABC might pick it up and talked about Ghost Whisperer’s abrupt end. She said, “For me, it was a total shock… I thought our next season probably would be the last, just because the show had been on for a really long time. It’s hard to come up with new things that will keep people intrigued, but I never thought in a million years that was going to have been our last season..”

Hewitt also expressed sadness about the fact that the story of Melinda Gordon was left unfinished. She noted, “I didn’t feel the series ended the way that [Melinda] deserved for it to. We left the audience sort of hanging, and I hate that. When you’ve taken people on a journey for so long, the least you can do is give them a goodbye. For a show that was about unfinished business, we didn’t get to finish.”

What do you think? What “unfinished business” bothers you the most about the show? How would you have ended Ghost Whisperer?

Canceled and renewed TV show

168 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tatyana says

I absolutely love this show. Jennifer Love Hewitt was a great actress for this show. I do think it would be appropriate to have a two hour ending for the show. Wishful thinking. Great shows that aquire acting for a party get pushed away for reality shows. I got my own life, reality tv adds stress to life. A tv show as Ghost Whisper takes your mind to a place to relax more.

2. Dea ODonnell says

I wish they would either do a final show. Ghost Whisper was an awesome show. This show my kids and I would sit and watch together as a family. Now we are watching the show on ION. Come on since it has been five years now since it went off the air you can make a movie or a mini series on TV to close the show out for good.

3. says

I’m so disappointed that there isn’t a season 6. I’m 40yrs old and started watching the show because my daughter got me into it. I was hooked right away, but now that season 6 isn’t so, it really hurts my feelings. WE don’t even know what happens to Melinda nor her son. Way to mess this up boys!!!!!

With A Sorrow Heart,

Eric C. Roybal

4. James s kolski says

I would not have ended the series in the way it had occurred.
    Most fans prefer an ending if the series is going to be cancelled.
    I personally would have continued the series,with the resources and talent they employ, I’m sure the series would have continued to be ‘full of at-the-end-of-your-seat’ drama,emotional and many times life-related.
    I personally loved the show,sorry to see it cancelled; I would hope that if enough fans ‘express ‘ their love of the show they ‘might’ have it return.
    It must have fan support,a lot of support,or it’s history,thanks for the series.

5. linda says

Ive seen my husband watching it on I-ON television, but it never interested me a few months ago. But one day I was channel surfing and the show was just starting. I tuned in and I was and still am hooked!!!
    I-ON network air it weds from 9a – 3a and I curl up in bed and wat allday!!!

Hunby created a Ghost Whisperer addict! Now when we have to go out on weds, I set my dvr.

Shoot im watching right now! Lol. Wish it was still on

hugs
    Linda in MontebelloCa

6. gayla says

I really wish they would do one last season or movie something to wrap everything up. Look at all these other shows on TV that are not worth watching. Ghost whisper was amazing show.