Ghost Whisperer: Series Ending Bothers Jennifer Love Hewitt

Ghost WhispererIt’s been many months now since CBS cancelled Ghost Whisperer. Many fans of the TV show are still shocked and upset about the cancellation and series star Jennifer Love Hewitt can sympathize.

In a recent interview with Zap2it, Hewitt revealed that she bought into the rumors that ABC might pick it up and talked about Ghost Whisperer’s abrupt end. She said, “For me, it was a total shock… I thought our next season probably would be the last, just because the show had been on for a really long time. It’s hard to come up with new things that will keep people intrigued, but I never thought in a million years that was going to have been our last season..”

Hewitt also expressed sadness about the fact that the story of Melinda Gordon was left unfinished. She noted, “I didn’t feel the series ended the way that [Melinda] deserved for it to. We left the audience sort of hanging, and I hate that. When you’ve taken people on a journey for so long, the least you can do is give them a goodbye. For a show that was about unfinished business, we didn’t get to finish.”

What do you think? What “unfinished business” bothers you the most about the show? How would you have ended Ghost Whisperer?

Kelli June 12, 2014 at 5:27 pm

I miss this show soooooooo much. A “last episode” sort of thing should happen. Even if it is only an online Deal. This was such a great show. It’d be good to see it completed. : /

Abby May 26, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I wanted to see what happend to professor Payne. He never came back from his trip. What happend? Also I wanted to see aiden growing up to be a teen. And what happend to the tunnels? Please bring back the show. It was am amazing show.

Tabitha March 9, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I still want to find out about the tunnels. Also there is no way they killed all the shadows.

Charlotte February 5, 2014 at 7:39 am

I just finished watching every episode of Ghost Whisperer all over again. I am extremely disappointed with the ending. What happened with the tunnels? Did they just get forgotten about? Was it really that simple to get rid of the Shadows? They really need another season or something to tie up the loose ends.

Simon Huber January 7, 2014 at 10:08 am

Sorry for my bad English but I came originally from Austria. The Story of Ghost Whisperer was so exciting, my mom and I loved it so much because Jennifer Hewitt and the other people were so good as actors in Ghost Whisperer. I think that this story should not end in this season because it is not finished and it´s another kind of a series, it´s not one of this dumb sitcoms what makes people stupid, it´s just a heartwarming story who makes people happy. CBS should not be so dumb and cancel this… I hope ABC pick up the story Ghost Whisperer

It would make many people happy if Ghost Whisperer would go further.

LazeeDragon November 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm

least make a movie wrapping things up

Gigi October 23, 2013 at 12:44 am

Bring it back!!!! I love this show, I bet a lot of fans will be happy .

Roger July 26, 2013 at 9:52 am

Bring it back myself & my friend from work love it so much I would give her the DVD s of the show that show could have gone on for a long time ghostwhisperer is great better than medium .
PS there’s one move to watch its stars the lovely Jennifer Love Hewitt & Betty white in the
The Lost Valentine ********** TEN OUT OF TEN

Ayla April 30, 2013 at 11:53 am

I miss it so much …

Sean March 9, 2013 at 11:46 am

Really annoying how Melinda crys every damn episode. I hate that

Anonymous April 23, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Than why did you watch it. Just to find fault over someone crying. How lame. If you want to leave a comment at least show you have a bit of intelligence. Think you have too much time on your hand.