Ghost Whisperer: Staying Cancelled, No Season Six on ABC

Ghost WhispererA staple of CBS’ Friday night schedule, ratings for Ghost Whisperer have dropped quite a bit over the season. Last week, the network surprised many viewers by cancelling the TV show after five seasons. The blow was softened when it was learned that the series might get a second chance on ABC. The alphabet network has now apparently passed.

Starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ghost Whisperer began in September 2005 and ran for 107 episodes. The series’ regular cast has also included David Conrad, Christoph Sanders, Jamie Kennedy, Camryn Manheim, Aisha Tyler, and Jay Mohr.

Things had been looking positive for the series to continue and some outlets actually had even reported that the show had been picked up. Unfortunately, the deal didn’t work out.

We may never know the details but Ghost Whisperer executive producers Kim Moses and Ian Sander issued a statement that said, “After five wonderful seasons and over 100 episodes, we are disappointed to announce Ghost Whisperer will not be returning for a sixth season. We’ve had an incredible experience and owe a debt of gratitude to everyone involved. We continue our relationship with ABC Studios and look forward to developing many more successful projects together in the future.”

While it looks like Heroes and Law & Order will get some closure, there’s been no word on any plans to go back into production and wrap up Ghost Whisperer.

What do you think? Sad to see it go? How would you have ended Melinda’s story?

Canceled and renewed TV show

574 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rasheen campbell says

This was my favorite show I can’t believe they canceled it. Please bring it back it was a good show and Jennifer is such an amazing actress I feel cheated because I watched the show all the way till season 5 and was hoping for a season 6 but no more

2. Lulu c says

I have seen all 5 seasons of ghost whisper and think their great I would love to see season 6 .. I would like for the series to come back to regular TV …. Please bring back the show … It’s great :). I love it

3. linsey says

I would love for a season 6 to be made. I love this show. This is now the second show that Jennifer love Hewitt has been in and then got canceled. That’s not fair she is a really good actress and should be able to continue with ghost whispers. There are so many other shows that keep going that have been around for years and get tired of watching when they come out with a new show they just cancel it. Give it another chance who cares about the rating for episode 5 it was on episode how do they know episode 6 wouldn’t be a hit.

• says

I have to admitt it is hard to keep up hope that that this show will come back for season 6. I would be so happy to be prooved wrong but I still miss this show and love it so much it is my favourite show of all time

4. melissa says

bring back ghost whisperer its a good show and I agree they need to wrap it up better then they did so please bring it back for final season 6

5. Kristina says

I really wish a network would pick Ghost whisperers back up and finish it. Or even make a movie of Aiden as an older kid. I feel cheated after watching the show religiously after all those years for it to just end like that!

6. Callie Sesssions says

Please please please please please please please please please please bring Ghost Whisperer back, it’s not fair to the fans to be left hanging wondering what’s going to happen next. We need a sixth season to finish if off! This is a fantastic show that deserves a sixth and final series. Every time we get hooked on a good show it gets canceled. They cancel all of the good shows and keep these stupid ducky shows on air that people could care less about. #BringGhostWhispererBack! Need to get a petition going to bring the show back as good as this show is there is a network out there that would love to pick it up.

7. Tammy says

I agree with the other comments bring Ghost Whisperer back and at least wrap it up. I hate being left hanging. Honestly makes me want to stop watching anything that is a series. It’s been 5 years now and keep watching reruns because it’s just not finished! I can’t say I like Jennifer in Criminal Minds, it doesn’t seem to fit her personality that we’ve grown to know.

8. Kelly L. says

I’m tired of networks ******** with good shows, like Ghost Whisperer. The time of taking advantage of viewers’ emotions are past, and a new era of logic and practice needs to take place among networks. If networks want loyalty, they need to listen to the viewers who keep them alive…Bring back the show! It has been too long!

9. says

I can’t understand why it went off without finalizing it. What happened? A body needs to know. Please somebody bring it back. I’m watching reruns now.

10. Jessica says

Please, Please, Please, For The Love Of GOD Bring Back Ghost Whisperer, MY Favorite Show Of All Time And I Just Love Melinda & Jim Together n Their Adorable Lil Boy, Also Love Ned n His Mom Ofcourse ( Even Tho She Afraid Of It All n Don’t Wana Believe) Lol n Eli , Oh C’Mon, Please??… Lol.

11. Ariel says

Ghost whisperer has to come back !!!!! leaving your viewers hanging with no closure is very upsetting. You at least owe it to us to finish it out with one last season to tie up lose ends !!!!