Ghost Whisperer: Staying Cancelled, No Season Six on ABC

Ghost WhispererA staple of CBS’ Friday night schedule, ratings for Ghost Whisperer have dropped quite a bit over the season. Last week, the network surprised many viewers by cancelling the TV show after five seasons. The blow was softened when it was learned that the series might get a second chance on ABC. The alphabet network has now apparently passed.

Starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ghost Whisperer began in September 2005 and ran for 107 episodes. The series’ regular cast has also included David Conrad, Christoph Sanders, Jamie Kennedy, Camryn Manheim, Aisha Tyler, and Jay Mohr.

Things had been looking positive for the series to continue and some outlets actually had even reported that the show had been picked up. Unfortunately, the deal didn’t work out.

We may never know the details but Ghost Whisperer executive producers Kim Moses and Ian Sander issued a statement that said, “After five wonderful seasons and over 100 episodes, we are disappointed to announce Ghost Whisperer will not be returning for a sixth season. We’ve had an incredible experience and owe a debt of gratitude to everyone involved. We continue our relationship with ABC Studios and look forward to developing many more successful projects together in the future.”

While it looks like Heroes and Law & Order will get some closure, there’s been no word on any plans to go back into production and wrap up Ghost Whisperer.

What do you think? Sad to see it go? How would you have ended Melinda’s story?

janice applewhite October 3, 2014 at 12:43 am

Even if you wrap.it.up in a series of dads something needs to be done season five is just wrapping up on ABC in Britain and could not wait for season six when heard the news y I u owe your viewers a wonderful end to a fantastic series please

hayley September 24, 2014 at 4:23 pm

IM on season 5 know carnt believe theyve cut season 6 what am i gona do know they need to bring it back so many things still left to answer

Lois September 24, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Thus show needs to come back I am so not happy with the way the show ended. There was still so much left unanswered this shoow has to come back

James October 13, 2014 at 9:18 pm

It wasn’t really closure, What i was wondering the most was what happen to the guy with the white hair and had glasses. I can’t think of anything else but for example when charmed ended it had some kind of closure when the sisters were writing in the book of shadows. Now what I think the writers should of at least made it where melinda got a vision off of aiden showing how bright the future will be for them.

Abbey Simes August 12, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I love this show!!! And have just nearly died seeing it got cut….yeah I am little late to puck it up!! But I defo think needs more or an ending at least! Please I believe if brought back this could b popular again worth a try!! Please ☺

Karen from Texas August 6, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I love the show ghost whisperer, you have to bring it back so we can see how the srory plays out. Miss all the charectors, made you wish and have hope. Really loved the show a wbole lot. Missing it Karen

maleny July 11, 2014 at 6:46 pm

This show MUST come back I’ve watched all seasons over and over & need more new ones I love this show never gets old!
at least a season were her son is older?
pleassssseee!!!

Lois Jeater July 11, 2014 at 10:05 pm

This show has to come back they left us with a cliffhanger ending so many things still left unanswered. Like rick Payne he said he would be back and would love to see how aidens powers develop and what else he can do. I miss this show so much and have watched the boxsets so many times because I love this show. Ghost Whisperer was the one show on tv that I loved. It has to come back,I want so badly to see what happens next and to have more seasons would be fantastic. PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!!!!!

merlyn gonzalez June 23, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Please this needs to come back to at least give some close sure to the show. It was awesome!

Anonymous April 8, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I want ghost whispers to continue..I Miss that show so much!!!!!!

Lois Jeater April 9, 2014 at 9:15 am

I want this show to come back too so much. I have lost count how many times I have watched all the seasons of ghost whisperer on dvd. This was such an amazing show unlike the rubbish that is on tv now. PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!!!!!

laila February 25, 2014 at 3:38 pm