Ghost Whisperer

Ghost WhispererNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 107 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: September 23, 2005 — May 21, 2010
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jennifer Love Hewitt, David Conrad, Camryn Manheim, Jay Mohr, Aisha Tyler, Christoph Sanders, Jamie Kennedy, and Kenneth Mitchell.

ghost whisperer past TV show

TV show description:
Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) has a great gift that’s also somewhat of a curse: she can see, hear, and speak to dead people. Those who communicate with Melinda have unfinished business left on Earth and need her help in order to finally cross over to the Light and rest in peace.

Melinda’s paramedic husband, Jim Clancy (David Conrad), worries about the toll that helping the dead takes on his wife. Andrea (Aisha Tyler), her best friend and an employee at Melinda’s antique store, is fully supportive and takes care of the store when she has to run out and help a lingering soul. But, while Jim and Andrea are convinced about Melinda’s ability, later friend Delia Banks (Camryn Manheim) is a bit more skeptical.

Conspiring against Melinda and her mission is Romano (John Walcott). Melinda enlists the help of Professor Rick Payne (Jay Mohr) to help her in the battle of good vs. evil. She warns fellow ghost whisperer Gabriel Lawrence (Ignacio Ariel Serricchio) against the evil forces of Romano but Gabriel isn’t who she thinks he is. He, too, is working for the dark side which is painful enough for Melinda to grasp, but even more so when she learns that Gabriel is her half-brother.

Canceled and renewed TV show

56 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Bonnie says

It seems like whenever there’s a good show, that’s the one they always get rid of and then they bring in some stupid show.

2. Lina says

Im very disappointed this was one of the best TV shows… sorry about the cancellation and wish that they have done a nicer or a better ending for it hopefully theyll make a seson 6 every1 would be sooo greatfull

3. Aijolle says

ive seen every GW episode, and ‘Jan’ aiden isnt spoiled, he dsnt ask for anythng, melinda and jim r jst there for hm all the time and tht makes thm gud parents, aiden is cute and an awsome addition to the shw!

4. Anonymous says

Give it a good ending. Why cancel a show without giving it an ending? They’ve let the fans down big time

5. says

You do not have to cancel this show. (It’s all or nothing with you folks.) Reconstruction
    of this show would bring back all of your audience. Bring back Grandma to help Malinda get rid of the half brother and be protection for her great-grandson. It would lighten a family show that you (writers, director and producers) turned dark. You did this to yourself… You could fix it ~ If you wanted to…

6. Claudia says

Always enjoyed Ghost Whisperer from the start. Missed the main stream characters on the storyline as they disappeared from season to season… Very hard to swallow the Jim dies and hops into someone else’s body to live out the story of Jim & Melinda deviation of the storyline.. but still enjoyed the basic week to week stories.. Sorry to see Ghost Whisperer end.. Very much looking forward to all the actors future work…

7. Shirley Ori says

Please do not cancel Ghost Whisperer. Been a fan since the beginning and never miss an episode. Even though there is another series that I am a fan of on another network. We end up taping that one to watch later on. I never miss Ghost Whisperer or Medium. PLEASE KEEP BOTH ON. IF GW goes to another network, I will definitely watch, as I believe all the loyal fans will.

8. Emily says

DO NOT CANCEL THE SHOW~ I AM BEGGING YOU! GHOST WHISPERER IS THE ONLY SHOW I LOVE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OFF ALL THE SUSPENSE! PLEASE NOOOOO!! DO NOT CANCEL! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS?!

9. jan says

GW used to be one of my fav. shows until the writers turned Aiden into a spoiled, rude, insolent BRAT. And why in the heck are his parents picking up his toys on every episode? As a teacher and a mother, that makes me sick, for lack of a better word.

10. says

Here we are again. However, I do beleive you that the show has went to far to the dark
    side for an 8:00 p.m. family show. Now, she has a son with abilities/issues. I always
    find myself worried about him.

IDEA: (Lighten it back up) Bring back Melinda’s grandmother. So, the boy will be protected & Melinda will have guidance and help. Even the playing field.

This was once a great show. It is still a good show. Lighten it up and quit trying to
    improve something when it is not broken.

~Me~

11. Jan says

My 10 yr-old grandson & 8 yr-old granddaugter and of course the rest of our family look forward to GW each week. We watch it Mondays on Sci-FI, so we may be a little behind if the regularly schedule is on Fridays. Either way, we love the show, the romance and of course we love Jim! I’ve watched Jennifer when she was on Party of Five and knew she would be an awesome actress as she continued to grow. She makes the show, the stories are heartwarming and having a lot of losses in our family & friends, it’s comforting to at least believe we do not end at this life. I’m a Christian and know there is a lot of controversy over being dead or alive…this show gives you hope. Please do not cancel it!

12. Char says

I look forward to Friday night with Ghost Whisperer. I do miss Jay Mohr’s caracter – and am glad that (even though he’s not) – Jim is Jim again. It was very hard loosing Aishi Tyler but Camryn is doing an ok job replacing her. I agree – the little boy is a bit creepy, but he is a little boy. I would miss GW very much – it used to be there was very little to watch on Friday nights — now with GH, Mediam and Numbers it’s a nice finale to the week.