Gilmore Girls: Lauren Graham Says There’s New Interest in a Reunion Movie

Lauren GrahamLauren Graham, who’s found new success (and a new beau, Peter Krause) on NBC’s Parenthood, has often sounded a bit pessimistic about the possibility of a Gilmore Girls movie. Now, it seems there’s a bit of hope.

In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, Graham was asked about the project’s chances and noted that there’s actually new interest.

Asked if a Gilmore Girls movie will happen, she said, “It might. What’s funny to me is that in all these years, no one ever talked about it except the fans. But now people with power, people who could actually make it happen, are talking about it. I think it could be good, but I wonder if we’ve waited too long. I don’t want to be walking around the town square with a cane.”

When asked if the Sex and the City movies might be a reason to stay away from the project, Graham said that she liked the first one. When asked to speculate about what the storyline might be, she mused, “It’s hard to say because the show was never very plot driven. That is what might be uncovered in a two-hour movie. You’d be like, ‘Wait a minute, they just talk and make fun of things. This is a terrible movie.’”

If you don’t want to wait to see Graham back on screen, you can tune in to the season premiere of Parenthood tonight on NBC.

What do you think? Would you like to see Graham in a Gilmore Girls reunion? Do you think a movie would be worth seeing?

Johanna Markstroem February 26, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Please make a movie where Rory and Jess (of course) end up together. They were obviously made for each other! Lorelei had her happy ending with Luke, but Rory should have her happy ending too. (And we the fans want our ending as well…)

Tina February 16, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Gilmore Girls is my all time favorite show. I still watch it all the time. A movie would be fantastic. Or if they started making new episodes that would be even better. Having the Gilmore Girls come back would be a huge hit.

Betty Sexton October 29, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Yes i would love to see a gilmore girls movie! it was one of my favorite shows and i cannot wait for the movie. Esp where luke and lorelai get married. And rory end up with Dean. and we get to see zack and lane’s boys.

Kathy T May 22, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I was very sick the past year, and a dear friend insisted I watch the entire series of Gilmore Girls and loaned it to me. I had never been a big TV watcher so had heard of the show but not seen it. Amazing show. I seriously feel it made my days so much better. One of the smartest things I ever saw on TV as it was adorable without being so predictable and sappy. My favorite episode was Karaoke Night and the Grad Party for Rory at the Grandparents. I would love to see a reunion movie or special. Loved the chemistry between Luke and Lorelei. Maybe a Rory wedding would be a great show.

Linda Georgia February 3, 2013 at 12:53 pm

YES!! Please make a Gilmore Girls reunion movie!! I absolutely love this show and watch it every time it is on. I would love to have some kind of closure, to see Luke and Lorilei happy together!! PLEASE!!

Anita Castle January 27, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Yes, OMG, please, for the love of everything holy! What are they waiting for? Alexis isn’t busy!

kathy missy January 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Lisa January 19, 2013 at 1:46 am

Ok so what are they waiting for? Waiting for a Gilmore Girls movie still in 2013!!!! Whats the word?

Jpauley January 12, 2013 at 9:46 am

Yes…Gilmore Girls shouldn’t have ended…it was too soon. We need closure, even 6 years later! Love the banter, the relationships, the small town shenanigans. Please make it happen!

Kirsten Wright December 26, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a great show. I love the characters, but a lot happened. It would be a great movie, but it would be a wonderful tv movie for lifetime or USA or the CW or something. I hope this message gets to people who can make it happen. Also, seasons 2 and 3 were incredible and I think the reunion should be written with that in mind. There’s the Rub, The Bracebridge Dinner, The episode when Jamie comes for Paris. Great stuff. Great show. It makes me feel better about living.

Nicole September 23, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Make a movie…. It should be where rory and logan stay together and they get married and loreli and luke get married

Anonymous August 17, 2012 at 6:31 pm

YES I DO THANK THAT THERE SHOULD BE A GILMORE GIRLS MOVIES!

a June 15, 2012 at 5:10 am

10000000000000000000000000000%There should be a G Girls Movie!!!!

a June 14, 2012 at 4:22 pm

my fav episode was when “Emily” & Lauren went to the spa because it was a little bit of a completely insane twist on a fight between the 2.