Glee: Final Season Episodes Cut

Glee final seasonWhile Glee was once a big hit for FOX, it’s clear that the network is ready to move on.

The sixth and final season of the musical dramedy series was originally going to have 22-24 episodes. Now, we’ve learned that there will be just 13 installments. On the positive side, the episodes will run uninterupted starting mid-season.

The fifth season, which was trimmed to 20 episodes because of Cory Monteith’s untimely death, was down by 45% in the ratings when compared to season four. The May finale hit a new low, garnering a mere 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.87 million viewers.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be more episodes of Glee for the final season? Will you be watching any of the episodes?

Katie Louse George October 25, 2014 at 1:17 am

Hi Cost Glee my Name is Katie George I am hugs fan of you guys do I did Haer about Baerking news I feel bad wold thing I am so so Raelly tunl sorry for your friend lost Cory is Good Smart Tlant kid Graet Captain and funny poprlr guy I cant un stop Crying or sing to you Cory model to me and my hero I miss you my Buddy you make matske in life I koe you Chices this you not raelly are not now no guys butter act or sing than you can but you vory sweet kid man you are psssss you always my Favorite Charcter your fan did not watch your Show because not with out you Cory

Major Fan November 5, 2014 at 10:44 am

While I understand that all things must eventually come to an end, I am so sad. I have welcomed Glee into my home every week for 5 seasons, never missing an episode. I have laughed. I have cried. I have been upset. And, yes, I have even been provoked to think about some of my values I hold dear. As silly as this may say from a grown man, Ryan Murphy and EVERYONE associated with and acting on Glee are amazing. Glee has changed the world and in it’s own small (or dare I say, large) way have and will continue to make the world just a little bit better.

And, Rachel (Lea) you are amazing. Many times, your voice reduces me to tears. I, too, have been a fan of Barbra’s since my early 20’s. My only regret is I can not carry a tune. Like Barbra, I think you have the gifts to be anything you want to be and do anything you want to do. I can’t wait to see what else you gift us with.

babalon August 23, 2014 at 8:34 am

Being a gleek I want to follow Rachelle, Curt and glee. Please keep glee alive. Glee.by it’s definition is happy and that truly is what this show means to me. This show brightens up my day.

Thx

Wendy Sue July 28, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I’m sad to see Glee go but let’s face it the story lines have gotten to be stale. Realistically speaking I’m not sure why 1: Sue would make it a personal mission to destroy the glee club; 2- Why a successfully program that came in second in Nationals would be terminated; 3- Why a group of post high school students would keep visiting their high school especially after leaving Ohio to New York City; 4- Why the show wasn’t able to move on when the cast “graduated” with only new characters instead of doing split stories? There were so many other teen problems to explore but instead the writers kept with the mean popular cheerleaders vs. the odd ball. I’m curious as to how everything will be wrapped up & even though I think that the writing has gone down hill I will have a Kleenex by my side to say goodbye to the series I have loved for so many years now.

Jim J. July 16, 2014 at 12:35 am

I would think that “Glee” is getting the short episode order for season 6 because its ratings and viewership have been hitting all-time lows during the fifth season and most people have been hating the program so badly. Plus, the FOX Network could have some brand-new drama serieses to replace “Glee” after it ends.

Anonymous July 11, 2014 at 5:16 am

I didn’t and I am a Cory fin an GLEE IS AELWESOME by the way that’s the only thing that my friend and I talk about when were with each other and my friends are Cory fans and I HOPE YOUR HAPPY BECAUSE your just making Lea/Rachel sad because Rachel and Finn were dating in the show and in real life Lea and Cory were dating and I am good friends with her and I will be telling her everything and she was the one who got the choose if they went on with the show and she said yes because to remember Cory so that’s why they did the 2 next season. So you might not want to say anything intill you know the whole story.

Koa July 10, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Good riddance. Finally.

Lezah July 10, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I know it’s hard to watch Glee without Cory but any tidbit we can get of the characters that we love and hear their wonderful talented voices raised in song is enough for us Gleeks!! At least we can watch it again and again on DVD!! We love you Glee!!

Jeremy Rynek July 10, 2014 at 5:32 pm

How did this show get past the pitch meeting?

erin July 10, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Jermeny there are many reasons why no one is watching glee anymore they just can’t watch it anymore because the glee fans spent their lives on the past with Corey Monteith while he was still with us this got the fans to emotinal and breaking down crying and heartbroken when we learn Corey Monteith passing away this effected the whole world in tears with this news and that got them upset

erin July 10, 2014 at 5:20 pm

You’ve should’ve regretted on renewing glee fifth and Sixith Season if corey was still here and alive and still with glee many more people will be watching glee but now people are giving up on glee because they just can’t watch it anymore because one main character is gone now

Anonymous July 10, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I am compeltely over and done with glee and this is absoulutely all of Ryan Murphy fault he’s not a good producer, I am not even watching this finale glee season Corey Monteiths fans are happy that glee is ending and corey is drumming Finally Glee is over and he says thanks a lot for ruining my future glee seasons and is really upset with all of his co workers and especially ryan You’ve should’ve regreatted on renewing glee fifth and sixth season after all when we heared the news about corey every fan member stop watching glee if corey was still here and alive people will contiune to watch glee but now people can’t stand watching glee anymore