Glory Daze: TBS TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Glory Daze canceledSchool is out permanently for the cast and crew of Glory Daze. The one-hour TBS series has been cancelled following one season of 10 episodes, according to Variety.

The series takes place in the 1986 and revolves around a group of friends on an Indiana college campus. Glory Daze stars Kelly Blatz, Callard Harris, Matt Bush, Drew Seeley, Hartley Sawyer, Julianna Guill, and Tim Meadows.

It was one of the few original comedies on the network but apparently didn’t measure up. Back in November, the first episode attracted a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.828 million total viewers. The ratings declined after that, hitting a low of a 0.4 rating and 0.941 million.

The series finale of Glory Daze, titled “Some Like It Hot Tub,” aired on January 18th and registered a 0.6 in the demo and 1.053 million.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the show’s been cancelled and won’t be back for season two?

Angela October 20, 2011 at 10:25 pm

So I am late to knowing this as well. TBS really dropped the ball. I am an 80’s child, and I loved the show. I would much rather watch it than the same tired old sitcoms that you can watch on ten different channels, or all the “reality” mess. It has a loyal following TBS, bring it back!

the man October 14, 2011 at 1:18 pm

That was a funny show It was the one show that was not about docters, cops, or those reality nuts put it back on i love that show.

Ross October 2, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Bring’em back bring’em back!

travis September 21, 2011 at 7:49 pm

soooo pissed this is canceled…

Carl Hambleton September 21, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I loved this show, this sucks. There is so little to get excited about on television. This really hurts.

Dusty September 15, 2011 at 8:25 pm

This is a big mistake. TBS needs to bring it back, I am a college student and this show was fun to watch with my buddies on Tuesdays. This was seriously a hilarious and deeper show than it’s getting credit for

Carlos September 9, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Its September and after finally reaching ULTIMATE frustration waiting for Season 2 of “THE GREATEST SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION” I found this website that tells me that Glory Daze was cancelled….. in February. So the only question I have for TBS is, WHAT THE FUCK!?

Anonymous September 9, 2011 at 3:46 am

Pleeeeeeeasssssssse bring it back because it is one of my most favourite shows. I watched every episode and recorded them to laugh everytime. So you, yes you, the exec’s at TBS, BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Anonymous August 22, 2011 at 1:32 pm

im dissapointed this show was canceled man i loved this show watched every episode every week

Johnny August 20, 2011 at 12:38 am

I just found out that it has been canceled. What?!?! This show was sooo funny!!! Please bring it back!!! What do we have to do to get it back!

Chanda August 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I’m so freaking pissed right now I loved that show there was nothing like it on tv yes I dis t get to watch it every week but I did DVR it I had to! Like really why would they take it away? I don’t believe that it had low ratings there’s no way. I’m pissed off right now -_-

Dusty August 8, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I know of a bunch of people that is going to be sad. We watched every Tuesday from the start. It was one of the best comedies on TV. Shame on TBS for dropping this show there is not that much out there to watch.

Jamie August 6, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I cant believe that this show was cancelled i thought it was a one of the best comedies on tv. i loved this show and im pissed that it isnt coming back. pleassssssssssse do something to make this show come back. it was funny and you couldnt ask for a better show to watch to get a good laugh.

Brianna Corrado July 31, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Seriously I am sooo pissed that this show is not coming back I watched every single episode when it was on TBS andI have to say it was one of my all time favorites. It was hilarious and made me look forward to the amazing times ( granted somewhat less outrageous) times I have to look forward to this year.

Elena Tena July 31, 2011 at 10:15 am

They should try, pleaseee!!!
I’m from Spain and I watched it twoo!!! It’s one of the bests shows ever!!! PLEASEEE!

Anonymous August 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm

TBS, bring this back—it was a good show-most people that were in their 30’s and 40’s didn’t know it was on, most of my friends were unaware of this but if you gave it more time to grow, that coveted group would respond and watch it…You (the exec’s at TBS) are making a mistake with something that had a good foundation….let it grow!!!