Glory Daze: TBS TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Glory Daze canceledSchool is out permanently for the cast and crew of Glory Daze. The one-hour TBS series has been cancelled following one season of 10 episodes, according to Variety.

The series takes place in the 1986 and revolves around a group of friends on an Indiana college campus. Glory Daze stars Kelly Blatz, Callard Harris, Matt Bush, Drew Seeley, Hartley Sawyer, Julianna Guill, and Tim Meadows.

It was one of the few original comedies on the network but apparently didn’t measure up. Back in November, the first episode attracted a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.828 million total viewers. The ratings declined after that, hitting a low of a 0.4 rating and 0.941 million.

The series finale of Glory Daze, titled “Some Like It Hot Tub,” aired on January 18th and registered a 0.6 in the demo and 1.053 million.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the show’s been cancelled and won’t be back for season two?

Albin May 24, 2011 at 3:13 pm

This is the best show ever!!! PUT IT BACK ON!

Luke Schweitzer May 22, 2011 at 7:13 am

This show was hilarious. And i am very sorry that they will not be making another season.

Mike May 22, 2011 at 2:08 am

WHAT!?!?! this show is huge in Britain. Why would you cancel something that so many people like? Bring it back!!! NOW!!!

bianca May 21, 2011 at 5:19 pm

this is really really bad….i think a season 2 would be awesome!!!!!

denise May 14, 2011 at 8:24 pm

i loved the series.. i was so hoping it was coming back.

Adam meyers May 12, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I LOVED THAT SHOW! THIS SUCKS! I just started gettin people into it. It was my favorite show. I cant beleive there weren’t more viewers. I think it’s because people didn’t really hear about it. I stumbled across it accidentally flipping channels.

Jen May 11, 2011 at 5:49 pm

What??? This is crazy! This show is so funny. I know there are many more viewers who feel cheated about the cancellation. I really hope they change their minds and bring it back for season 2. :(

Chris May 11, 2011 at 8:25 am

I finally just finished watching my DVR recorded episodes last night and am really bummed to find out that there’s not going to be a season 2.

eric May 10, 2011 at 9:30 am

this is awful!! i was so looking forward to the rest of the story. Glory Daze had such and great crew, fun storyline, and had me anxious each week to watch.

Nicole May 9, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I loved this series and I’m really mad that it has been cancelled. PLEASE RECONSIDER MAKING ANOTHER SEASON OF GLORY DAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jokke May 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Come on man give it some time! I really enjoyed watching Glory Daze, and I hope for another season.

Rusty May 9, 2011 at 7:53 am

This serie was just brilliant… C’mon :/

D.J Hood May 7, 2011 at 5:48 am

Personnaly, I absolutely loved this series, and I love every second of every episode whenever I watch one (got 3 left). I don’t understand why crap like bob’s burgers or the cleveland show is succesful and a great series like glory daze is cancelled…it’s simply beyond me

teej May 5, 2011 at 2:23 pm

i think that the series was brilliant, im sure the viewings in the uk were alot higher than the us and i thoroughly enjoyed it, i hope the producers change their mind about the canncelation

brent gutierrez May 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm

this is awful, I was really looking forward to a second season. I think it would have picked up viewers, it just needs some time for people to talk about it and the word to get around. I have a lot of friends who just started watching towards the end of the season.