Glory Daze: TBS TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Glory Daze canceledSchool is out permanently for the cast and crew of Glory Daze. The one-hour TBS series has been cancelled following one season of 10 episodes, according to Variety.

The series takes place in the 1986 and revolves around a group of friends on an Indiana college campus. Glory Daze stars Kelly Blatz, Callard Harris, Matt Bush, Drew Seeley, Hartley Sawyer, Julianna Guill, and Tim Meadows.

It was one of the few original comedies on the network but apparently didn’t measure up. Back in November, the first episode attracted a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.828 million total viewers. The ratings declined after that, hitting a low of a 0.4 rating and 0.941 million.

The series finale of Glory Daze, titled “Some Like It Hot Tub,” aired on January 18th and registered a 0.6 in the demo and 1.053 million.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the show’s been cancelled and won’t be back for season two?

David White July 23, 2011 at 6:33 pm

So disappointed that Glory Daze is not coming back for Season 2. I really loved the show and it took me back to my college days. Bring it Back.

followed it and liked it July 20, 2011 at 6:57 pm

I’m kind of upset that they Didn’t let This show have a fair chance

I cry alot July 17, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Bring it back now!

Atlast i found something worth following.

Bring it back, bring it back!

Bob June 26, 2011 at 11:05 pm

They have made a huge mistake…… One of the best 80′s shows ever made….. Very original and great cast…… They need to bring this show back………….

feebie June 23, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I attended OSU in 1987 and this show really hit close to home in the best way possible. I loved it and I’m saddened it won’t be returning.

Vessy June 22, 2011 at 4:50 am

Whatafuck!! That show is awesome!! Its like a high school movie but in several episodes. What could be greater than that?! Please this is what ppl like to watch! Bring it back ! :’(

Adam June 17, 2011 at 5:02 am

TBS has made a bad decision here. Great cast. Extremely funny. Was my new favorite show. Must be bad promo or something. Lame!

Bill June 15, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I am a 28 year old male and glory daze was one of my favorite shows. Was looking forward to season 2. Great characters and character development, clever and funny jokes, good plot. Plus it was fun to see the stereotypical aspects of the 80s since I only have vague memories of the period. Fav character was Stankouski. Hope another network picks it up.

Tony June 14, 2011 at 10:56 pm

My wife and I loved this show and we are very disappointed to it cancelled already after only one season.

Emil June 13, 2011 at 1:46 am

the best thing ever happened on television…

Lisa Cooper June 9, 2011 at 1:13 pm

We loved this show and told everyone we know about it! We found it very funny and entertaining. Sad to see it go!

sam June 7, 2011 at 11:45 am

Why did you have to cancel my favorite show of all time. I am very upset that there will not be a season 2 .

sarah June 1, 2011 at 9:04 am

I am very upset to hear there will not be a second season of Glory Daze. It was a great show that I was looking forward to watching the up coming seasons.

Cree May 25, 2011 at 10:00 pm

My Fiance and My self happend to love this show, we were extremely heart broken to see that you had cancelled Glory Daze. Glory Daze was truely a genuinely funny show, and I believe your losing a great oppertunity.

Vessy June 22, 2011 at 4:51 am

Heart broken is the right word !

Lveezy May 25, 2011 at 11:20 am

i loved the show. i was in a sorority and i thought it was hilarious to see greek life set in the 80s, no one has done that and i think that a lot of people would have watched season 2. everytime i watched i dont think i ever stopped laughing. they need to try again :(

sam June 7, 2011 at 11:49 am

U r right they need to try again because it is the best 80′s show ever.