Go On: Matthew Perry Sitcom Cancelled

Go On TV show ratingsFriends ran for years but Matthew Perry can’t seem to get to a second season. NBC has cancelled Go On after one season. Perry’s other recent efforts — Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and Mr. Sunshine — were also cancelled after one year.

Go On revolves around Ryan (Perry), a sportscaster who returns to work after the death of his wife. His boss (John Cho) doesn’t want him back on the air until he undergoes counseling. Ryan reluctantly joins a support group with one goal in mind: to get in and get out. He discovers that he might be able to help the other members of the group and they might be able to help him as well.

The sitcom also features the talents of Allison Miller, Julie White, Laura Benanti, Suzy Nakamura, and Tyler James Williams.

The sitcom started out strong in the ratings, thanks in part to have the Tuesday editions of The Voice as a lead-in. When the singing competition wrapped for the fall season, most viewers found other things to watch. When The Voice returned, the big audiences didn’t come back to Go On.

NBC tried airing Go On on Thursday nights — likely wanting to see how it could perform on that night next season — but it tanked.

The defacto series finale of Go On aired on April 11th, drawing a 1.1 demo rating and just 2.67 million viewers.

What do you think? Are you sorry that NBC cancelled Go On and that there won’t be a second season? Would you watch Perry in a new sitcom?

Jodie May 11, 2013 at 10:21 pm

NBC sucks!

Rilind May 11, 2013 at 8:04 pm

NBC did a big misstake it was a great show damn -.-‘
I really liked Go On it was the funniest show runing on NBC.
To bad it had to end like this, was looking forward for more episodes :/

Rilind May 11, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Wow.. This is really sad, I really liked Go On and now NBC has to cancel it don’t know why they should have a better reason the show should never have been canceled, love to Matthew Perry!

Wesz. G May 11, 2013 at 3:32 pm

FUUUUUCCCKKK this shit… i’m sooooo.. done with NBC this was a really great show.
I’ll never watch NBC again… screw them

Luc May 11, 2013 at 11:44 am

Gotta say, Im surprised by this somehow.
It was one of the highes rated Comedys on NBC, do they really think something new is gonna give them massive ratings right away?

It was a really funny show. Gonna miss Fausta and Mr K the most :)

no time for sober
– Fausta

Brad M May 11, 2013 at 10:09 am

Go On cancelled? Fine. I am done with NBC. NBC manages to get garbage to fly but when quality comes on that I invest in somehow they seem to sabotage then cancel it. So… Not investing in anymore NBC scripted series. BTW… Scripted is ALL I watch. I don’t do “reality” shows. (pssst… “reality shows” aren’t really real!)

Anne B May 11, 2013 at 12:55 am

It takes awhile for shows to develop a following. “Go On” was really good – NBC just didn’t give it a chance.

stan moss May 11, 2013 at 12:44 am

This show should have not been canceled. I do hope NBC changes their minds. This show had a loyal following who enjoyed watching Mathhew Perry interact with the others…I also wanted to see Perry and his assistant date, I am disappointed this show canceled

Craig May 11, 2013 at 12:13 am

I know the ratings were dropping off quite a bit over the season, but I am surprised this one was cancelled, considering how poorly the other NBC shows do.

Brooke May 10, 2013 at 11:37 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! NBC sucks and another network should definitely pick it up! it was fantastic and was my favourite show to watch and i watch A LOT of shows. I have so many unanswered plot twists and this is so stupid because australia would love this show!!!

fan May 10, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Canceling show without a better replacement ready seems silly to me. It seems to me that NBC has a lot of holes to fill in its line-up already and dumping this show doesn’t leave me excited about what they have in mind to replace it with. Good luck NBC. you`re going to need it.

Tha Critic May 10, 2013 at 10:30 pm

This show was GREAT. NBC sucks. All they care about is “The Voice”. Garbage.

SC May 10, 2013 at 10:22 pm

THIS WAS A VERY GREAT SHOW. I CANNOT BELIEVE OW QUICK NBC IS TO CANCEL THE ONLY FUNNY SHOW THEY HAVE ON YET THEY KEEP ALL THE GROSS OUT GAY COMEDIES. NBC IS THE NEW ABC FOR CANCELING ALL THE WRONG SHOWS AND I DO NOT WANT TO EVERWATCH ANYTHING ON THAT CHANNEL AGAIN!

Jwilli2 May 10, 2013 at 8:55 pm

This sucks! Go On was a great show and one I actually watched not DVR’d. No wonder NBC’s ratings suck – they cancel great shows. Guess I just need to stop watching the network

Bill C. May 10, 2013 at 8:01 pm

That sucks, the wife and I really liked the show. Liked him a lot in Go On but didn’t think Studio 60 should have been canceled either..