Go On: Quickly Cancelled or Big Hit?

Go On TV series canceled or hitLast month, during the Olympics, NBC aired the first episode of Go On. The peacock network will be re-airing the pilot tomorrow night at 10:30pm and will air the second episode on Tuesday night at 9pm in its usual timeslot. We’d like to know if you think it’ll be quickly cancelled, a moderate success, or a big hit?

Matthew Perry returns to NBC in a new sitcom, Go On. The show revolves around Ryan, a radio sportscaster who’s returned to work following the death of his wife. Despite displaying his usual cocky demeanor, his friend and boss (John Cho) doesn’t want him back on the air until he seeks counseling.

Go On will be...

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Ryan reluctantly joins a support group with one goal in mind: get in, get out and get back on the radio as quickly as possible. He discovers however that he might be able to help the other members of the group and they might be able to help him as well.

The sitcom also features the talents of Allison Miller, Julie White, Laura Benanti, Suzy Nakamura, and Tyler James Williams.

Once the other networks have their shows in place, Go On will be airing opposite ABC’s Happy Endings, CBS’ NCIS: Los Angeles, New Girl on FOX, and The CW’s Emily Owens, MD.

NBC has ordered 13 episodes of Go On to start.

Before you share your opinion below, here are some interviews, a preview, and the full pilot:

So, what do you think? Does Go On look like a hit? Will you tune in, DVR the show, or skip it altogether? Do you think previewing and releasing the first episode online will help or hurt the show’s ratings?

Ellie December 4, 2012 at 9:01 am

I love the show – I really hope it’s a hit because I want to see more of it! :-)

robycop3 September 11, 2012 at 8:04 am

Doesn’t look too bad, but I hope the writers utilize MP’s talents a little better.

funnyguy101 September 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Compared to everything else on NBC this will be as a big a hit as Up All Night, but Animal Practice has more promise

Nick September 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Remember, this has nothing to do with the quality of the show. It has to do with whether or not America will watch it. I predict that it will do great. Mathew Perry + Olympic sneak peek + The Voice lead-in = Victory! It might be the biggest hit of the season.

I thought the pilot was great, but not the best it could be. I’m hoping for improvement.

Why Watch September 10, 2012 at 2:24 pm

The first show had promise. More than I can say about most.

Greg September 10, 2012 at 7:59 am

I’ll watch it because MP is in it, but straightaway the title puts me off. It’s lame and doesn’t draw a view to say, “Hey, I’ll check that out!”
It’s more like, “Move on” there’s nothing to see here.

Hope it does well though. MP has had too many shows crumble lately and I wonder if this might be his last shot. He ain’t getting any younger.

Duane September 10, 2012 at 7:39 am

Way too early to tell. I put mod. success only that it had some funny moments.

Tha Critic September 9, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I like its quirky sense of humor but what really surprised me is how much heart it has. It will probably start out as a moderate success and then get bigger.

Samara September 9, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I hope it’s a huge success, however – I think it’s a mistake to have it air opposite “New Girl”! I am glad I have a DVR! Matthew Perry has so much talent, in comedy and drama, I don’t understand why he hasn’t had a successful show since “Friends”! But, I loved “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip”! I will definitely keep my fingers crossed, the pilot was good…

Colin September 9, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I really enjoyed it and would love for it to be a big hit but am tempering expectations and just hope it’s at least a success unlike Mr. Sunshine

Mike September 9, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I like it. I think it will be a hit, but, not a good idea, NBC, to put it up against New Girl and Happy Endings! I think all three shows will suffer and 2 of those will probably get cancelled by the end of the season

Rob September 9, 2012 at 7:59 pm

see the piolt love it need to stay

Aaron September 9, 2012 at 7:57 pm

this show reminds me of Up all Night but with a male lead instead of a female so with that said if Up all Night is doing well then this one should