Golden Boy: Season One Ratings

golden boy cbs tv show ratingsVegas hasn’t been a ratings hit for CBS. Will Golden Boy preform better or will it be cancelled after one season, like so many others TV shows? We’ll have to wait and see.

Golden Boy revolves around an ambitious young cop who goes on to become New York’s youngest police commissioner. The show typically airs on Tuesday or Friday nights on CBS. The cast includes Theo James, Chi McBride, Kevin Alejandro, Bonnie Somerville, Holt McCallany, and Stella Maeve.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Golden Boy will be cancelled or renewed for season two.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.19 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 05/14/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 6.91 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.42 in the demo with 8.19 million.

UPDATE: CBS has cancelled Golden Boy after one season of 13 episodes.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 05/07/13
1.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 6.99 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 8.30 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 04/30/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.64 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.45 in the demo with 8.42 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 04/23/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.94 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 8.50 million.

Episode 01-09: Tuesday, 04/16/13
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 8.07 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.56 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 04/09/13
1.5 in the demo (+15% change) with 7.89 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.62 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 04/02/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.83 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 8.72 million.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 03/26/13
1.4 in the demo (-18% change) with 8.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 8.87 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 03/19/13
1.7 in the demo (+13% change) with 9.26 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 9.03 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 03/12/13
1.5 in the demo (+50% change) with 8.53 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.97 million.

Episode 01-03: Friday, 03/08/13
1.0 in the demo (-38% change) with 7.41 million (-21% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 9.12 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 03/05/13
1.6 in the demo (-11% change) with 9.40 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 1.70 in the demo with 9.98 million.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 02/26/13
1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.46 million total viewers. (These are fast affiliate numbers and will be updated to reflect the national ratings when they are available.)

Compared to the series premiere of Vegas, CBS was down by 25% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 30% in viewers (vs 14.85 million). Not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Golden Boy TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Americankatz April 18, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Love this show. I think it is a fresh and new cop show. Theo James is great in this show along with the rest of the crew.

mk April 18, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Great new show…lots of twists……would be a shame if cancelled.!!!!

John April 18, 2013 at 2:23 pm

This is one new show that really deserves a chance….the format of knowing what happens in seven years adds a very different and interesting dynamic…the show doesn’t just put you through another cop episode, it challenges your thinking about making the best decisions (not just right or wrong) and tests values throughout. The characters are interesting and the acting is solid….hope I get to see alot more

lydia April 18, 2013 at 4:02 am

Love the show. It needs to be renewed!!

Alan April 18, 2013 at 1:54 am

I watch what I think are great shows. Fx hbo premium channel shows. There are few amongst basic t.v that I watch. And there are maybe two shows I watch on CBS. And golden boy is numer 1. To know the story from future to present. It will kill me like deadwood to not see it through

ColleenDaniel April 17, 2013 at 11:52 pm

What a unique and intriguing show! It’s gaining momentum and becoming more intense with every episode. It would be a shame to give up on something this innovative and deep. I hope you have the courage to do what you have to do to increase viewership and make this show a hit. You already have the best shows of all the networks, and Golden Boy could be another great one if you market it right. It’s a gem!

NDLB April 17, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Great show- getting better. Please keep. One of the better shows on!

B. Robert April 17, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Don’t cancel this show… One of the best on TV. Many don’t know about it.

Serge April 17, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Love Golden Boy and Look to see it renewed. We never miss it.
CBS will regret canceling it.

Ashley April 17, 2013 at 7:06 pm

This is a great show! I haven’t added a new show to my weekly routine in a few years because everything is the same. There is something about this show! I want to know more. Not only in the current story line but the curiosity we are left with after the flash forwards! Please give it more time!

Mitzi April 17, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Please, CBS, don’t cancel Golden Boy. It’s unique premise and flash back quality give the storytelling a most interesting twist. I am enjoying the plot lines as well as the acting, thoroughly. It deserves a chance to succeed.

Mitzi April 17, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I have really enjoyed the flash back quality of this well acted show. I do hope CBS keeps it.

Laila April 17, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I sure hope you give this show more time…the more I watch it, the more I like it. Sometimes networks do not give them a real chance. Good Show.

lakshmi April 17, 2013 at 4:00 am

I love this show…I watch serials rearly.this is the one in my favorite
show.please keep to continue it. Don’t cancel it. I love all the star cast.

lakshmi April 17, 2013 at 3:59 am

I love this show…I watch serials rearly.this is the one in my favorite
show.please keep to continue it. Don’t cancel it. I love all the star cast.