Golden Boy

Golden Boy TV showNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 26, 2013 – May 14, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Theo James, Chi McBride, Kevin Alejandro, Bonnie Somerville, Holt McCallany and Stella Maeve.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic series follows the fast rise (from age 26 to 34) of an ambitious cop who becomes the youngest police commissioner in the history of New York City — and the high personal and professional cost he pays to achieve it.

As Walter William Clark Jr. (Theo James) is interviewed for a story about his career, he looks back on his hard-fought journey from street kid to the most powerful man in law enforcement.

After only three years as a beat cop, Clark’s heroics on the job make him bold enough to ask for and receive the unheard-of promotion to homicide detective, angering the members of his new department who are eager to see him fail.

Clark is partnered with and mentored by experienced veteran Detective Don Owen (Chi McBride), a man just two years shy of retirement.

He would rather team with First Grade Detective Christian Arroyo (Kevin Alejandro), the alpha dog in the squad who’s just as ambitious as Clark — but without a moral center. Arroyo’s partner is Detective Deborah McKenzie (Bonnie Somerville), a tough third-generation cop and the only female detective in the unit.

Also on the team is Detective Joe Diaco (Holt McCallany), a well-connected officer with tremendous resources (which Clark might find useful). Though laser-focused on moving up the ladder, Clark’s soft spot is serving as the sole caregiver and supporter of his sister, Agnes (Stella Maeve) — a teenager demonstrating increasingly dangerous behavior.

Keenly observant and politically savvy, “Golden Boy” Clark bases his career decisions solely on his need to succeed as quickly as possible, and he’ll find that his epic journey will be filled with consequences.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13 — Next Question
Limited by his suspension and relegated to desk duty, Clark delves into Owen’s cold case in which the murder investigation of a construction worker, Jozef Dworaczyk, was compromised by the events of 9/11 happening simultaneously. Andrew Lightstone, Owen’s partner and mentor, was with him on the case and was called up to the North Towers leaving Owen to work the case on his own. That was the last time Owen saw Lightstone.

Clark notes the lack of shell casings and no reports of shots fired to speculate that a contract hit man could have been used. He and Owen confront the drug dealer whose crack house served as the crime scene about the similar way in which his rivals were killed, and the dealer reveals the name of the hit man he suspects had targeted him but mistook Dworaczyk for him instead.

When they track down the hit man, Owen coerces him to confess to fifteen murders including Dworaczyk’s and is rewarded with a promotion. Clark is perturbed when he discovers that three men were wrongly imprisoned for three of those murders and Commissioner Dowdell tells him to disregard his findings.

Lorraine kicks Arroyo out of the house after she discovers that he’s been cheating on her. Meanwhile, Clark’s father persuades Agnes to drive away with him and a volatile Deputy Mayor Holbrook confronts Clark and Margot with a gun.
First aired: May 14, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Golden Boy TV series? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled and there won’t be a second season?

George Gilstrap May 12, 2013 at 6:30 pm

it wasn’t even given a chance it deservers a second season maybe to just tell the whole story.

mary r. gulledge May 12, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Please do not cancel Golden Boy. It is a great show and I looked forward to watching it each week. It really kept my interest -not boring at all!

Ken Derlatka May 12, 2013 at 1:37 pm

You cancelled Golden Boy too? Gee, that’s 2 out of 3 of your only good shows. I am seriously wondering about your I.Q. levels.

Sickle May 12, 2013 at 12:21 pm

What is wrong with CBS execs???!!! I can’t believe Golden Boy gets cancelled but yet they keep other trash on year after year. I’d like to be able to watch a well written, well acted show at least once in awhile!… Apparently you just can’t do that on CBS.

C May 12, 2013 at 8:59 am

Don`t cancel

greg1163 May 12, 2013 at 5:36 am

I’m really tired that these televisions companies taking decent shows off the air,after a single season. I’ve already taken a look at what CBS has contracted for and all I can say is the between the loss of this and Vegas, all that will happen is we’ll be watching two hours less of CBS this week. I don’t do reality shows, nor do I care about the lives of celebrities or all this other garbage that is on television today. I thought CBS was doing well with a lot of the shows they have. Now, I’ll be down to 6 shows I’ll be watching the rest, will be premium channels or streaming with Netflix. I’m sure there are A LOT of others that are looking to do the same.

Edward May 12, 2013 at 1:17 am

I am a great fan of Golden Boy and I look forward to watching the show weekly. I am deeply saddened by the fact that the show will be cancelled. It is my hope that this decision can be reversed to allow the show to continue. Please let Golden Boy stay!!!!

Judy P. May 11, 2013 at 10:45 pm

My husband and I are very disappointed to learn that the show has been cancelled.
Please reverse your decision and let us enjoy some good entertainment with great actors.
Thanks!

Judy P. May 11, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Golden Boy is an excellent and entertaining show. Sadly, I guess that’s why it’s been cancelled. How and why do you make these decisions? My husband and I enjoy good, thought-provoking series. Every time we look forward to one, it’s cancelled. Might as well turn off the T.V. and read a good book. (Yes, some of us still read!)
If possible, pul-eeze reconsider, and let us look forward to something in the Fall.
You chose a great cast, and have good writers – so what is the problem? Seriously, I want to know. Honestly, I could NOT believe my eyes when I read about its cancellation tonight. Enough of this insanity! Can your decision be reversed? I hope so.

Teresa May 11, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Are you kidding me???? This show was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevvahome May 11, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Love this show. Please don’t cancel it, enjoy the characters.

Don May 11, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Don’t cancel this show it is great.

Bella May 11, 2013 at 11:35 am

CBS think again and don’t let Golden Boy go!!!

Bulldog May 11, 2013 at 9:03 am

We enjoy watching this show. It was slow at first,but has gotten better with each episode. Please don’t cancel this show.

Anonymous May 11, 2013 at 8:34 am

I loved this show, please don’t cancel it!