Good Luck, Charlie: Series Ending; No Season Five

good luck charlie endingDisney has announced that their popular comedy Good Luck, Charlie will end after 100 episodes and four seasons on the air. Production on the show will end soon but the final episodes won’t be shown until next year.

Disney Channel has a track record for pulling the plug on its popular shows after 100 episodes. Though the show is ending, Good Luck, Charlie will likely be rerun on the cable channel for many years.

A representative for Disney Channel said, “On behalf of everyone at Disney Channel, it’s been our great pleasure to work with the extraordinary producers Phil Baker, Drew Vaupen and Dan Staley and the writers and crew of Good Luck Charlie… We could not have dreamt of a better cast than Bridgit Mendler, Jason Dolley, Leigh-Allyn Baker, Bradley Steven Perry, Mia Talerico and Eric Allan Kramer (and even little Logan Moreau as Baby Toby!) and the many guest stars who make the series so special.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Good Luck, Charlie is ending? Do you think it should continue or that it should have been cancelled awhile ago?

102 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lisa Sorensen says

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO……..I do NOT know what to watch without good luck charlie!!!!!! There is no point in watching Disney Channel if my favorite show is being cancelled. Please Disney if you look at these comments look at mine and PLEASE PLEASE re think this and do not cancel this family fun show that everyone LOVES!!!!! I’ve watched every episode 3 times and most episodes even way more!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Julie says

This is unfortunate. My 4 children still watch the show! The episodes are “real” and have everyday family issues that we all deal with. As a mother of 4 with age ranges from 21 down to 7…I can really identify with the struggles and JOYS of the Duncan’s big family!
    RENEW the show Disney:-)

3. Mike says

Noooooooooooooooooooooo……..do not cancel this show. Me and my girls watch this show all the time and it is our favorite show. Disney I think you need to rethink this over…Please dot cancel this show.

4. Copfive says

My family and I are sad to lose Good Luck Charlie! It is a great family show that I don’t mind my kids watching. That’s hard to find these days. We think it’s a shame that it was cancelled.

5. Sarah says

I think it’s awful that they are ending good luck charlie. I feel they should really re think it. This is our family favorite show to watch. the new line up on disney doesn’t look good. Its disappointing.

6. Christine V says

Our family loves Good Luck Charlie it is the one show that I think is great for young kids. The cast is great, the shows are funny… It is a shame that this is ending and my kids are sadden by this.

7. Danielle says

Our family loves glc. We are sick they have cx. It. I ask why? In this world where every show is a terrible reality show there was finally a show like the old school shows that had values comedy and a truly good meaning. Shame on Disney

8. julie Johnson says

So sad.. why are they ending good luck charlie when the show is so popular? I think I will cry.. my kids got me to watch it and I loved it.. I hope they show reruns everyday. That show is number 1.. I don’t like liv and maddie. . Dumb. Dumb.. I don’t care for the girl who plays the parts on that show.. why bring on dumb shows and get rid of one of the best?

9. MARY says

can you reconsider on making another season of good luck Charlie. I love that show. I watched ever single episode of it when each first aired. Reconsider it please. If you don’t I will ruien your Disney channel and I will hack into it.

10. Midwest Mom says

I don’t understand how a great show like Good Luck Charlie could be cancelled after the great ratings it receives. Seems strange how the best shows seem to be let go, yet some much less interesting ones are brought on to fill their shoes.

My kids and our entire family, actually, never made a point of watching the Disney Channel until the show Good Luck Charlie came along. Reruns are old news and most people already have them recorded to their DVRs so it’s just not the same.

Obviously decisions like this aren’t made with the average viewer (children and their families) in mind. Instead it seems to be based mostly on trying to make more money in a foolish way. The almighty dollar appears to be worth more than Disney’s viewers. Afraid my children will leave Disney behind and find something elsewhere.

11. Disney Watcher says

We love this show. As a mother I even love to watch it when my daughter is not home. Don’t cancel please!!!!!!