Good Luck, Charlie: Series Ending; No Season Five

good luck charlie endingDisney has announced that their popular comedy Good Luck, Charlie will end after 100 episodes and four seasons on the air. Production on the show will end soon but the final episodes won’t be shown until next year.

Disney Channel has a track record for pulling the plug on its popular shows after 100 episodes. Though the show is ending, Good Luck, Charlie will likely be rerun on the cable channel for many years.

A representative for Disney Channel said, “On behalf of everyone at Disney Channel, it’s been our great pleasure to work with the extraordinary producers Phil Baker, Drew Vaupen and Dan Staley and the writers and crew of Good Luck Charlie… We could not have dreamt of a better cast than Bridgit Mendler, Jason Dolley, Leigh-Allyn Baker, Bradley Steven Perry, Mia Talerico and Eric Allan Kramer (and even little Logan Moreau as Baby Toby!) and the many guest stars who make the series so special.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Good Luck, Charlie is ending? Do you think it should continue or that it should have been cancelled awhile ago?

Tina Marie April 4, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I LOVED this show!!!! I am 32 yrs old and not many Disney shows are really good. This show had an excellent cast, has GREAT family life lessons, has such a sweet concept, and it made room for a spin off!

Yes, I would have LOVED for the show to continue but what I would love more than anything is a SPIN OFF of when Charlie is older and watching those video diaries. What would be even MORE fantastic if all the original cast can make appearances! The flash forward episode staring Ava Sambora was PERFECT!!!

If they do a spin off, WHICH THEY SHOULD!!, then Ava should be Charlie to keep the continuum accurate!

I WANT MORE OF THIS SHOW!!! Very entertaining and heart warming and you gathered a large fan-base from ALL ages!!!

kamryn March 23, 2014 at 7:42 pm

i LOVE this show so much… i RELLY wish good luck charlie would countinue…..sooooooo sad ;( ;( ;( ;(

Noni March 15, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I love this show. None of the others are as good. My grandchildren and I watch it all the time. Wish it would continue.

Hudson March 15, 2014 at 12:51 am

I loved this show from the very first second I saw it . I strongley disagree with cuting the show. I remember once when I was waching the show and my older sisters and my mom came in I thought they would have changed the new episode but to my suprise they actually stayed and watched it with me. That made me so happy to spend time with my family. So if it was my opinion I would bring it back for laughter it brings to famlys so please BRING IT BACK it is what we all want.

Jennifer February 17, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Good luck Charlie definitely made a big impact in my life. I loved watching this show with my sisters and even my parents found it entertaining to watch. I think it’s because the Duncan’s are so relatable to all families. This is what I loved most. I can’t believe this show is ending. Bring tears to my eyes. So many good memories for the past four years. This show will always be my favorite and that means a lot considering I don’t get into tv series often. I would love this show to be brought back.

Candy February 17, 2014 at 1:09 am

I’m very disappointed that they are canceling Good Luck Charlie! This was my favorite show on Disney Channel, the only one I really enjoyed watching! Why do they always have to cancel the really good shows? Please reconsider and bring back Good Luck Charlie. It was a good, clean and fun show! I will surely miss the Duncan’s!

Cindy February 16, 2014 at 9:25 pm

To cancel a show like Good Luck Charlie is a huge mistake. My 11 year old and my 21 year old both love this show. It is a program we all enjoy watching together. It is a show for all ages. Just a complete disappointment.

alex levy February 16, 2014 at 7:07 pm

please bring it back. A while ago we watched the christmas special and my parents got home from work when i was watching tthis with my brother. my parents on there way home brought home my sister from grandmas and we sat and watched it and laughed and smiles and i never have seen us like this. my family fights alot and argues and its nice to come together one a week or more to watch this show. there not just killing the duncan family, but my family to. I am crying to much watching the episodes leading up to the finale. and i dont want this to happen. This is alot of my life and from this show my family has bonded but i dont know how much longer without the show. SPREAD THE WORD AND BRING IT BACK. please have them bring it back.

Laura February 16, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I am absolutely disappointed the show is being cancelled. It is a good clean family show with great humor. My children as well as my husband and myself love watching it. I understand that after 100 episodes they cut shows but if ratings are high why cancel? Heartbroken for sure :(

Paul February 16, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I am very sad that Disney channel is canceling Good Luck Charlie.
Why oh Why would you do that? We all enjoyed the good shows.
It was clean entertainment. I liked PJ Duncan. Thanks for the Good Times.
ps Austin and Ally is also a very good show.
thank-you.

Ali February 15, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I’m very disappointed that it is ending my kids enjoy it and my husband and I love it. It’s not just for little kids. I would love for it to keep showing because its the only show that doesn’t show stupid things. It has taught my kids great lessons. ;( I’m extremely sad for it to go but I hope there will be reruns for my kids.

Melissa February 15, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Disappointed :( I agree with J Schulteis, it was a show the whole family could enjoy together. They should’ve kept it going!!! As soon as the main cast members on disney turn 18, they end a show :( (That’s So Raven was one of my favorites when my oldest was younger and that’s what they did when she was becoming an adult…)

J Schulteis February 11, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Disappointed. It was a family show the whole family could watch.

Melissa February 15, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I so agree. We don’t watch prime time sitcoms (ABC, NBC, FOX, etc) much becuse there are rarely any morally good lessons and i can’t stomach some of the titles, let alone the shows they represent. And, since we like to watch tv as a family in the evenings when we can, we watch Disney (sometimes Nick) most of all.

amanda February 5, 2014 at 9:07 pm

this show started when i first entered high school and it is suprising it is going off the air. i am going to miss this show so much , especially mia and jason. (pj and toby, gabe and the whole family). i really don’t understand why this show is ending. :{:::::::::::::::

Amy February 2, 2014 at 11:39 am

I love the show I’m a huge fan of the show I think there should be a 5th season
the show should keep going