Good Vibes: MTV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

good vibes canceled no season twoMTV has decided to cancel Good Vibes, ruling out the possibility of a second season. Created by David Gordon Green, the animated series ran for 12 episodes on MTV, from October until December 2011.

The show was paired with Beavis and Butt-Head and attracted more of a female audience than the Mike Judge series. According to Deadline, there were discussions between the cable channel and the Good Vibes producers about possible ways to keep the show on the air. Though MTV execs liked the direction of Good Vibes, the show ultimately wasn’t attracting enough viewers to justify a second season.

The series premiered opposite the sixth game of the World Series and attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.6 million total viewrs. That was about about half as many viewers as lead-in Beavis and Butt-Head brought in. The season (now series) finale drew just a 0.2 demo rating and 490,000 viewers.

In some ways, it was a small miracle that Good Vibes ever became a series in the first place. It was initially developed at Warner Bros. TV and FOX ordered a pilot in 2008 with Adam Brody, Alan Tudyk, Danny McBride, Debi Mazar, Jake Busey, Josh Gad and Olivia Thirlby providing the voices. FOX passed on the pilot but the producers kept working on finding the project a home. They did in 2010 and were able to keep the voice cast intact for the MTV run.

The fate of Beavis and Butt-Head, which finished its latest season on December 29th, is still up in the air.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Good Vibes has been cancelled? Did you like the animated series?

reggie October 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm

im mad the show was cut i liked it
(as mondo would say:BALLS

Brett October 29, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I agree with you all!!! The show was great and i am really going to miss it. Ant one know how to get it back on the air?

Rick P October 29, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I haven’t watched MTV in years, until Good Vibes. Really a shame a good show wasn’t given a real chance.

Bryan Aldecoa October 24, 2012 at 2:13 am

MTV ****** up enough said

Annoyed by the cancelation October 21, 2012 at 2:48 pm

My friends and I are heated it got canceled MTV bad choice it woulda caught on.

spencer L. Brosch October 19, 2012 at 8:24 pm

good vibes gave me that old feeling that mtv used to have. i loved being able to watch good vibes following a new episode of beavis and butthead. i really thought MTV was makeing the right direction back towards their roots but because they know that more people would watch women getting into cat fights (jersey shore) then airing good tv shows like good vibes which is fun to watch would get them more views because it has more shock value to the audience. now im not watching MTV just like before good vibes and (new) beavis and butthead. i hope in the future they will realize its not about rateings and its more about pleasing the fans. you disappoint me MTV.

christina October 11, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I love coming home from class or studying to watch good vibes it was awesome. hopefully adult swim will pick it up.

Good Vibes Fan October 11, 2012 at 10:56 am

It should be the other way around. Beavis and butt head cancelled and good vibes renewed. I’m depressed. :'(

Kaymen October 9, 2012 at 8:57 pm

it is really horrible that the show was cancelled, it was my favorite tv show. it was the only show i actually enjoyed. hopefully someday there will be another season. it was a funny show.

conor October 2, 2012 at 2:28 pm

this show was awesome!! Why is it that all my favorite shows get cancelled!!!???

fox September 26, 2012 at 11:54 pm

i hope comedy central or cartoon network gets it back running in the future. this was a great show.

michael September 25, 2012 at 10:19 am

MTV bring back Good Vibes
it’s one of my favourite TV shows

Anonymous September 15, 2012 at 4:20 pm

My favorite TV show — BOO!

Mike M. September 8, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I went to tivo Good Vibes second season. Sorry to find out, it was cancelled. I enjoyed the show.

A.j. August 28, 2012 at 10:36 am

Why would anyone hate this show. It caught my attention within the first five minutes. I am so pissed. i Just found this out. God i hate tv people sometimes. Like why keep a good show down and play stupid shows like akward teen wolf other gay ass shows. i hate to say it but id rather have this bk than jersey shore even though i luv the jersey shore series alot. I hope someone makes more of the T.V. show. ;_;

Sincerley
The pissed of T.V. life waster