Good Vibes: MTV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

good vibes canceled no season twoMTV has decided to cancel Good Vibes, ruling out the possibility of a second season. Created by David Gordon Green, the animated series ran for 12 episodes on MTV, from October until December 2011.

The show was paired with Beavis and Butt-Head and attracted more of a female audience than the Mike Judge series. According to Deadline, there were discussions between the cable channel and the Good Vibes producers about possible ways to keep the show on the air. Though MTV execs liked the direction of Good Vibes, the show ultimately wasn’t attracting enough viewers to justify a second season.

The series premiered opposite the sixth game of the World Series and attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.6 million total viewrs. That was about about half as many viewers as lead-in Beavis and Butt-Head brought in. The season (now series) finale drew just a 0.2 demo rating and 490,000 viewers.

In some ways, it was a small miracle that Good Vibes ever became a series in the first place. It was initially developed at Warner Bros. TV and FOX ordered a pilot in 2008 with Adam Brody, Alan Tudyk, Danny McBride, Debi Mazar, Jake Busey, Josh Gad and Olivia Thirlby providing the voices. FOX passed on the pilot but the producers kept working on finding the project a home. They did in 2010 and were able to keep the voice cast intact for the MTV run.

The fate of Beavis and Butt-Head, which finished its latest season on December 29th, is still up in the air.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Good Vibes has been cancelled? Did you like the animated series?

Tom January 4, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I just watched the whole season in matter of days on Netflix and looked forward to season 2. That’s disappointing ………I’m male 18-49

Justin January 2, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I love good vibes it really speaks to me as a teenager and some times I can relate if I could have 1wish it would be to have season 2 it would be the best. Thing to wish for

Liam December 31, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Bring on the second season

Nikita December 21, 2012 at 12:00 am

I love Good Vibes bring it back!!!! 8P

nick December 18, 2012 at 2:21 am

bring the show back i loved it and i am dissapointed its not going to be showing anymore

Vandike December 10, 2012 at 6:48 pm

‘Lonnie’
live life to the fullest, cherish each moment like its your last stay up all night and watch the reruns of goodvibes until they put it back on the air.

Vandike December 10, 2012 at 6:44 pm

please put the show back on, since its been off the air i think i have bout the season 1 on itunes and watch each episode over like 7 times, its is my favorite show ever, id rather have that then bevis and butthead

Koi November 27, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I honestly thought I wasn’t going to like the show, but then I found it to but funny as all get it! I found it entertaining because it was joking Jersey Shore, today’s teens, and the context was definately WAY out there! My husband also loved the show cause it reminded him of growing up in Hawaii and watching Beavis & Butt-Head.

Mat M November 19, 2012 at 9:10 pm

For the love of god please run this show. Im a surfer from DE and this show was like the best thing ever to watch from me and my friends

Lanchers November 13, 2012 at 8:41 pm

This show was really funny could watch it all day only program i’d ever watch on MTV, they should make a second season!

Aaron Arriaga November 10, 2012 at 12:37 am

This show is awesome! Im sure that it would have gotten more viewers if it was advertised more. Ive never even heard of it until I saw it on netflix. I think that was the real issue. This show is rockin and I really believe that it deserves another chance. Great job to the creators of this show, you all did an awesome job. Good luck, I hope that, against all odds, that there will be more Mondo and Woodie.

jordan0507 November 9, 2012 at 9:01 pm

noooooooooooooooooooo that show was sweat this sucks

pat November 4, 2012 at 8:56 pm

good vibes kicked ass and this sucks

Dylan November 3, 2012 at 3:34 pm

good vibes was an awsome show

wake November 2, 2012 at 10:04 pm

this show was amazing it actualy made me watch t.v. for a change. maybe if they didnt give it stupid ass time slots it would have done better. instead they played dumbass 16 and pregnant all fuckin day