Good Vibes: MTV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

good vibes canceled no season twoMTV has decided to cancel Good Vibes, ruling out the possibility of a second season. Created by David Gordon Green, the animated series ran for 12 episodes on MTV, from October until December 2011.

The show was paired with Beavis and Butt-Head and attracted more of a female audience than the Mike Judge series. According to Deadline, there were discussions between the cable channel and the Good Vibes producers about possible ways to keep the show on the air. Though MTV execs liked the direction of Good Vibes, the show ultimately wasn’t attracting enough viewers to justify a second season.

The series premiered opposite the sixth game of the World Series and attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.6 million total viewrs. That was about about half as many viewers as lead-in Beavis and Butt-Head brought in. The season (now series) finale drew just a 0.2 demo rating and 490,000 viewers.

In some ways, it was a small miracle that Good Vibes ever became a series in the first place. It was initially developed at Warner Bros. TV and FOX ordered a pilot in 2008 with Adam Brody, Alan Tudyk, Danny McBride, Debi Mazar, Jake Busey, Josh Gad and Olivia Thirlby providing the voices. FOX passed on the pilot but the producers kept working on finding the project a home. They did in 2010 and were able to keep the voice cast intact for the MTV run.

The fate of Beavis and Butt-Head, which finished its latest season on December 29th, is still up in the air.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Good Vibes has been cancelled? Did you like the animated series?

Zach April 4, 2013 at 8:33 pm

THERE HAS TO BE MORE! THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS!!!! It wasn’t properly promoted and that’s why there were low ratings. PUT IT BACK ON THE AIR!

Anonymous March 27, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Hell ya the show was good didn’t needed to be cancelled

bonnie March 16, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Bring it back! No one is paying for cable in dallas…. netflix and hulu r the best bang for your buck these days! Change the rating system!

Jacob March 6, 2013 at 2:24 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW. So sad it’s cancelled.

jonathan william donovan February 28, 2013 at 11:43 pm

i found this show on netfliix and it was juss so funny to me i showed my brothers tand my freinds and they started showing people and i know for a FACT that they really liked this show i really did to i shsowed it to my parents and they donit like shows like this like famliy guy and stuff but they really liked this on because it wasnit like others its was funny and good and good leasoons all at the same timed i really wish they would put this show back on i loved it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TitaniumBurst February 27, 2013 at 6:19 pm

BRING IT BACK! It was an amazing show! Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats Wadska SCANNING HIMSELF WITH A GAYDAR!!!!!

Nicholas February 21, 2013 at 12:43 am

I love this show I did not see that there was only 12 episodes and keep watching I was so looking forward to be watching these on tv but wham I found out they canceld it I almost cryd

wes February 19, 2013 at 6:41 am

i found this online a few weeks back and its one of the funniest things ive seen in ages, most animations now try too hard this has its perfect balance of everything. PLEASE bring this back or at least sign over to another network just keep it coming it has massive potential to be a big hit. PLEASE!

rjm92145 February 16, 2013 at 1:51 am

I loved this show. a lot of my friends watched it n had bad trips while watching it. but I loved it… I dont know why they didnt but maybe wewere thinking differently.

markkcon February 10, 2013 at 5:23 am

I didn’t know this show even existed til I found it on Netflix. Watched the first episode and was hooked! I think this show was great even though it is somewhat adolescent. MTV made a big mistake in cancelling this show. I agree with others, they did not promote the show properly, otherwise this show would have a much bigger following. Remember Family Guy? They cancelled the show before enough people were exposed to it and brought it back to a huge audience later on. This show is just as good, but you need to put it on at a time when more people will get to watch it. Do another season and put it on at prime time..the show is funny and fresh.

Will February 5, 2013 at 1:54 am

Id vote for a second season

Anonymous February 5, 2013 at 12:42 am

love it BRING IT BACK

Alex Estrella January 22, 2013 at 1:12 am

PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER SEASON!! I LOOOOOOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

Cyrus Bemmer January 19, 2013 at 2:07 am

i would like good vibes to go back on mtv or any program just get it back on air!!!!!!

Col ball January 7, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Good vibes NEEDS to have a second season.