Grey’s Anatomy: ABC Series Not Ending Soon

greys anatomy ending?Fans of ABC’s long-running Grey’s Anatomy don’t have to worry about the long-running medical drama ending anytime soon.

At the TCA Summer Press Tour, ABC’s entertainment president, Paul Lee noted that season 11 is not planned to be the end of the series and that, “We would like to see it on our network for many years to come.”

Some of the key actors’ contracts will expire at the end of this season but Lee says that series creator Shonda Rhimes is ready and has several contingency plans in mind. He declined to hint at details because, “If I commented on who is coming in and out, I think Shonda would yell at me.”

Though the ratings for Grey’s Anatomy have fallen quite a bit over the years, it has remained ABC’s highest-rated hour series.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Grey’s isn’t ending soon? Or, do you think it should end?

V January 5, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Greys anatomy is best show ever and I would be sad to see it go

D October 13, 2013 at 11:07 pm

It’s over period it’s lost half it’s viewers in 3 seasons let it go

D October 13, 2013 at 11:06 pm

It should totally end the stories are weak & boring the show will suck w/out Sandra Oh

Stacy Howard August 28, 2013 at 1:44 pm

EVERY PERSON, that I know, And That Is Quite A Large Number, LOVES “GREY’S ANATOMY”! We, ALL, Have LOVED IT SINCE DAY ONE!! IT IS SOOO ORIGINAL, And, Although WE Didn’t Know How, in the World, Shonda Would KEEP It INTERESTING, and FRESH?! SHE DOES IT, TIME & TIME, AGAIN!! WE WATCH ALLLL Of The Reruns, on “Lifetime”, and Everywhere We Can!! It Is LIKE Watching A BRAND NEW SHOW, EVERY SEASON, and EVERY NEW CAST CHANGE, Plot Twist, etc.!! We Have WATCHED THESE PEOPLE, GROW, Learn, Care, and CHANGE, in EVERY WAY… VERY MUCH LIKE, REAL LIFE!! KUDOS, to Shonda!! You ARE A GENIUS!! (we Miss Mark & Lexie, And HOPE that You Don’t Take RICHARD! BUT, We’ve Lost Isobel, George, Susan Grey, Ellis Grey, and, Like in real life… Expect to LOSE More!) BUT, Do WHAT EVER YOU CAN, to KEEP RICHARD! personally, I hate “Hunt”, but, I Know that I am pretty much alone on that feeling! Oh Well, You KNOW What They Say About ‘Opinions’, Everybody has one!! I TRUST In YOUR LOVE, of “Grey’s”, Shonda, WE LOVE “SCANDAL”, TOO!! Maybe, Lexie or Mark, could turn into SOME ONE ON “Scandal”! ANY NEW SHOWS, In The Works?? xoxoxoxo From “SIN CITY, NEVADA”!!

Anonymous August 7, 2013 at 1:22 am

I still enjoy watching this show. Please don’t cancel it anytime soon. It is one of my favorite shows to watch. If other people don’t wont to watch it then quit bad mouthing it! I love it. I just wish Private Practice hadn’t been canceled. I loved that show too!!!

George August 6, 2013 at 5:46 am

I agree. Its time to give this show a decent burial. Its stale and a shadow of its former self. I can see why ABC wants to keep it if it still making money but from a creative point of view its seen better days and should have ended two seasons ago. In any event I won’t be back next season.

Stacy Howard August 28, 2013 at 1:46 pm

FORGET ALL OF THE PEOPLE, that are ‘tired’ of “Grey’s”, THEY ARE WRONG!!

Duane August 5, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Arrgg-me like dead meat. mmm! It can be tiresome but unless something better comes along opp. this will be my guilt dessert.

JBG August 5, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Please, STOP watching this show! Give the network an excuse to FINALLY put it out of its misery! It should have been cancelled several years ago, but, like a Zombie it keeps rising from the dead!