Grey’s Anatomy: Season 10 Ratings

Greys Anatomy: cancel or renew?Though the ratings for Grey’s Anatomy have been dropping and the show is expensive to produce, ABC renewed it for a 10th season. Will the numbers continue to fall? Will it be renewed for season 11 or will it be cancelled? Time will tell.

Grey’s Anatomy follows the personal and professional lives of the staff at the fictional Seattle Grace Hospital in Washington. This season, the ensemble cast includes Ellen Pompeo, Sandra Oh, Justin Chambers, Chandra Wilson, James Pickens Jr., Patrick Dempsey, Sara Ramirez, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Sarah Drew, Jesse Williams, Camilla Luddington, Gaius Charles, Jerrika Hinton, and Tessa Ferrer.

5/8 update: Grey’s Anatomy has been renewed for season 11.

Final season averages: 2.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.53 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The ninth season of Grey’s Anatomy averaged a 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.08 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Grey’s Anatomy TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for an 11th season?

Cynthia Campagnale May 9, 2014 at 5:12 pm

I fell in love with this show in 2011, after watching reruns on cable station while recuperating from several surgeries. Shonda knows how to get my attention. I find myself relating with various cast members and their dialogue commands my attention every week. However, I fear with Christina leaving the show, it will loose its sarcastic flair. To find a character to replace her is challenging. Still, We have another two seasons to watch . But, Its my guess they will kill off her character for the OMG moment. Drama!!!!

Amie Jackson May 8, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW AND I LOOK FORWARD EVERY THURSDAY TO WATCH IT I STILL WATCH THE RERUNS EVERY DAY KEEP THE SHOW GOING BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

Grace May 5, 2014 at 2:18 am

hi my name is Grace and i think you guys so have it renewed because its my moms favorite show and it will make her happy if it gets renewed for an 11th season so please guys find it in your hearts that greys anatomy should last for a lifetime

Grace May 5, 2014 at 2:19 am

i think you guys should have greys anatomy renewed for an 11th season find it in your hearts to keep watching

Jessica May 4, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I love this show its the only show I watch and actually enjoy please renew season 11

Tracy April 23, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Renew it, Renew it, RENEW IT!! This is one of my favorite shows, and it would break my heart if it were to be be canceled. Please don’t my Grey’s Anatomy away…..

Lourdes April 17, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I love this show. Is the only one I watch. I hope they never cancel it. I am the biggest Mer\Der fan.

Brigid April 12, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Stil great chemistry between all actors, please dont cancel

Manda Kay March 28, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Love it!! Never want it to be cancelled!

Tj318 March 20, 2014 at 10:11 pm

This show is awesome! Patrick, Ellen, Chandra, Justin, James, Sara, Kevin, Jessica, Jesse, Sarah and Sandra, we Love you!!

My favorite couples . . . Meredith /Derek and Jackson/April!

Darlene March 19, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I think they should cancel it.not as good
Or interesting as it use to be.I loved watching it.
For serveal yrs.up until the last few seasons..Now u
don’t see the excitement.I use to couldn’t wait
For it to come on but now its getting boring.

Patricia Smith February 17, 2014 at 2:01 pm

If ABC would stop showing other programming in the place of Grey’s Anatomy, perhaps the ratings would go up. It seems that every time I plan to watch Grey’s Anatomy, ABC has put something else on!! If ABC would rather put another show in the time slot that Grey’s is in, then maybe another channel should pick it up?!!

C.L. Hammond February 16, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Looking forward to Grey’s Anatomy finally returning.

I don’t understand – Series used to start in September, now it’s late October and by December they’re taking a winter break?

mary oconnor February 5, 2014 at 8:53 pm

it the best show and i watch reruns all the time.
its also the only tv network show i watch.

Patricia Smith January 11, 2014 at 1:58 am

I love Grey’s Anatomy! Of course it should be renewed! It IS the best series on television!

paloma marte December 13, 2013 at 2:03 pm

be renewed for an 11 th season, I think is the best tvs series right now.