Grey’s Anatomy: Season 11 for Shonda Rhimes Drama

greys anatomy season 11It looks like the doors of Seattle Grace will be staying open for awhile. ABC has renewed Grey’s Anatomy for an 11th season.

Grey’s Anatomy follows the personal and professional lives of the staff at the fictional Seattle Grace Hospital in Washington. This season, the ensemble cast includes Ellen Pompeo, Sandra Oh, Justin Chambers, Chandra Wilson, James Pickens Jr., Patrick Dempsey, Sara Ramirez, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Sarah Drew, Jesse Williams, Camilla Luddington, Gaius Charles, Jerrika Hinton, and Tessa Ferrer.

Though the show’s ratings are down year-to-year (by about 13% in the demo), Grey’s is the network’s third-highest rated scripted series. It currently averages a 2.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.54 million total viewers.

If the ratings hold up, Grey’s could certainly see a 12th year. Ramirez, Pickens Jr., Wilson, and Chambers have all renewed their contracts for two more years, through season 12. Dempsey and Pompeo renewed their contracts in January.

What do you think? Are you glad that this show has been renewed or do you think it’s time for it to be cancelled?

NICOLE BURCHELL July 30, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I AM SO GLAD THAT MY DAY TIME SHOW IS ON FOR A NEXT SEASON WORDS CANT EXPLAIN HOW I FEEL….. I WILL BE TUNING IN I PROMISE YOU THAT THE OTHER DAY I WAS CHARGING THE CHANNEL AND I SAY IT BUT GOD WAS GOOD I CAUGHT IT FROM THE FIRST SEASON FORM THE FIRST EPISODE AND I COULDNT CHANGE TH CHANNEL .. THE ROMANCE, THE TALENT,THE PASSION AND THE FUN THEY FINE IN THERE JOB.I USE TO CONVINCE MY THAT IM FINE AND THERE WAS NTN WRONG WITH ME BUT TO TELL YOU GUYS THE TRUTH I DIDNT ONLY LOVE WATCHING THE SHOW I WAS APART OF THE SHOW IT LET ME REALIZE THAT I WAS DELUSIONAL, I WAS MESS UP ABOUUT ALOT OF THIS AND WHEN I START WATCHING IT I STARTED TO OPEN UP ABOUT WHO I AM AND WHAT I WANT TO BECOME . THIS SHOW HAS MADE REALIZE THAT NOTHING IN LIFE DONT COME ON A SLIVER PLATTER YOU HAVE TO WORK HARD AND REACH FOR THE SKY……I LOVE WATCHING THIS SHOW IM AND IM GLAD THERE WILL BE OTHER SEASONS….. THANK YOU

Caty July 15, 2014 at 3:45 pm

I really like the show greys anatomy it’s so dramatic and it’s been interesting enough to keep on going strong but I feel like they should bring Katherine heigles character “izzzy Stevens” back it was such a great show with her in it and I think it could put an interesting spin on catching up on her life after Seattle grace and Alex’s and hers short lived marriage after cancer drama. They need those old characters to rematch to put some more closure to their characters especially hers cuz that last episode with her in it was just unfinished I think and they really need to do something about that in my personal opinion, also Isaiah Washington would put a spin on returning him, and since Lexi and Sloan are dead they need those strong beginning favorite characters to complete the show before it hits a series finale. So please bring back izzy Stevens they need her, she made the show better and should of never dropped her.

ashley June 24, 2014 at 9:51 pm

keep it going..it gets better and better by the episode I so cant wait for season 11 to start im tried of waiting lol…

Beanca June 14, 2014 at 4:18 am

I’m so glad about season 11 can’t wait is the best tv series must go on and on only thing I watch on tv over and over.

Terry June 3, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Keep it coming. It just gets better and better!

Andi May 22, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I am so glad Grey’s Anatomy has been renewed!!! This show used to be the only way my mother and I could bond, and now it’s an addiction!!! I love the cast, and the story line!! I would just die if it got cancelled!!!

Anonymous May 16, 2014 at 12:40 am

I can’t wait for season 11…..I didn’t spec that Dr Ellen Grey give for adoption the daughter she have with Dr Richard weber

Andi May 22, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Omg, neither did I!! There was never even a hint that Ellis was even pregnant, let alone went through with the pregnancy, and gave the baby up for adoption. I wonder why she never told Richard!

Andrew June 29, 2014 at 2:19 pm

…Maybe because it was a new concept that the writers came up with recently.

Tabitha May 9, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Very excited for season 11 of Greys Anatomy & cannot wait for
Meredith & Derek to b bak on screen although it’s really gonna
Stink for Cristina to not be on the show with Owen Hunt

grayden May 9, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Bring it on!! As long as Japril (Jesse Williams really) and MerDer are on my screens, I’m watching. Congratulations!!

Mitzi May 9, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I am delighted the Grey’s Anatomy is continuing. However, I did find the inaccuracies in the series overview somewhat annoying given the purpose of TV Finale. I would think that part of the job would be to get the story line details correct. For example the name of the hospital has been Grey-Sloan Memorial for several seasons now. Sandra Oh is no longer part of the cast, etc.

Jessica May 10, 2014 at 11:03 pm

While reading I was thinking the same thing!!!