Grimm: Full Season for New NBC TV Series

Grimm full seasonLast week, we reported that NBC had ordered two additional scripts for their new Friday night series, Grimm. It seemed that the peacock network was playing it safe, waiting to see when the ratings would level off. What a difference a week can make.

This evening, the peacock network announced that they’ve ordered a full season of the TV series. What’s more, they’re also giving Grimm a special airing in the Thursdays at 10pm timeslot. That will air on December 8th and another original installment will follow on Friday, December 9th, in the regular timeslot.

Starring David Giuntoli, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz and Russell Hornsby, Grimm has been the only successful new drama that the network has had this season. The Playboy Club was cancelled after three episodes and Prime Suspect will sign off after all 13 episodes have aired.

Four episodes of the supernatural series have aired so far and have been averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.8 million total viewers (per the final national ratings). It’s the seventh highest-rated scripted series on the network this season (out of 14). It nearly doubles the demo number of lead-in Chuck.

Grimm started the season with a 2.1 in the demo and 6.56 million viewers but declined in weeks two and three. Last Friday’s installment held steady at a 1.6 in the coveted demo and it would seem that NBC believes that a sign the ratings have leveled off. Time will tell.

What do you think? Do you like Grimm? Do you think the ratings have leveled off? Will the series continue to sink or will it rise? Is Thursdays at 10pm a better timeslot?

ray February 27, 2012 at 7:19 pm

great show; love the unfolding suspense! i hope Det. Grim will transform himself sometime to fight the monsters!

Anonymous February 21, 2012 at 10:24 pm

This is a great show and I would be so sad to see it go, more like devastated. Its the only show that’s been able to catch my attention for a long time. The acting is great, you can feel the emotions and its not just some stupid cop drama (as if there wasn’t enough of those)
Once upon a time isn’t at all similar to Grimm, they just aren’t the same even though they both play on fairy tales. It would make my day to see this series continue.

Char February 19, 2012 at 12:41 am

I love this show, ever since the break I haven’t been able to catch it on TV, so I have been watching over the internet. I do not want to see this go; I dislike reality TV a lot! I am attending College for my Masters in Education, with one class left, and I have seen what reality TV has done to the kids that are in secondary schools. Bringing Fantasy back is a great start for new minds considering want-to-be artist, writers, entertainers, and other fields that requires imagination. I hold degrees in Psychology, Accounting, Business Management, Sociology, Art/ Art History, Science, and have taught before. I like this show tremendously because it also reminds me of a book I have called “Twisted Tales, from the Grimm Sisters.” It has spins on typical tales also, however Snow White turns out to be a Vampire, and the Pipe Piper actually takes the children to care for them because the villagers did not care for their children. The view of actual Grimm tales being true also reminds me of the movie that was made too. The F/X in the TV Series is really rather great and the creatures are getting better too. I have a full collection of the original Grimm tales so; I am anxiously waiting to see how they tell some of the stories.

Linda February 18, 2012 at 4:28 pm

This is a GREAT show! Nothing else like it on TV. Once Upon A Time is good but totally different. Don’t cancel this show or change the time slot! It’s PERFECT as is!

Barbara February 17, 2012 at 10:50 am

Love this show. Don’t take this show off! Don’t change the time or day for the show.
Don’t mess with something that is good. I look forward to Friday night! The show is really good, original and you never now what the cop will encounter next.

Darlene February 13, 2012 at 3:02 pm

LOVE the show!!! It’s just as good, in a different way, as Once Upon a Time…….keep it going!!

colleen February 11, 2012 at 4:40 pm

We love Grim please keep them coming.

Lynda January 27, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Grimm is great! I want another season for sure!

Robyn T January 26, 2012 at 11:10 am

I truly enjoy this show! Best I’ve seen since Lost stopped! Very origin scripts and love all the characters-especially Monroe! I just adore him!!

Gan January 20, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Really great show!!! Please don’t cancel. It’s one of the best this season !

ladyjane January 13, 2012 at 8:11 pm

We love this show. Fridays are our look-forward-to-tv night because of Grimm! It looks great, acting is great, storylines are twisty and original … keep it coming!

jan December 20, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I love the show. I look forward to Fridays so I can see the show.

Susan December 16, 2011 at 9:38 pm

If I can’t watch it at its regular time, I watch it on demand thru Comcast. I love this show.. a new twist on fairy tales.

carol December 15, 2011 at 8:10 pm

GRIMM is fantastic and we want it to continue! Not everyone enjoys the “reality” shows and jjust want to be entertained. GRIMM does just that–entertains! Thank you for the show!

Martine January 23, 2012 at 6:46 am

I totally agree. Not everyone can enjoy watching Snooki. I really am glad to see Grimm going so well rating wise. But WHEN will they say that they have renewed it?? I trully wish for a second seaon of Monroe, Nick and everyone else.

Michael December 12, 2011 at 11:46 am

This show is very good already, and has the potential to be amazing. It gets closer to perfect every episode.