Grimm: Season Two Renewal from NBC

Grimm renewedTo no surprise, NBC’s Friday night TV series Grimm has been renewed for a second season.

The cast and crew were reportedly given the good news today. Richard Hatem, one of the TV show’s writers, announced the news to fans on his Facebook page today. Another writer, Akela Cooper, tweeted, “Walk into the office this morning & our showrunners David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf tell me the good news: #Grimm is picked up 4 a second season!”

Many of NBC’s new series have been a disappointment this season and have either been cancelled or are expected to be — The Playboy Club, The Firm, Free Agents, and Prime Suspect. Grimm has been one of the network’s few bright spots.

Debuting late in the fall season on little-watched Friday nights, Grimm has been outperforming higher-profile shows like Are You There, Chelsea? and 30 Rock.

Out of the 18 scripted programs that have aired this season, Grimm ranks ninth and averages a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.27 million total viewers. On our NBC ratings report card, after adjusting for the Friday night timeslot, Grimm gets an “A”.

The final and 22nd episode of the current season is set to air on May 18th. NBC has ordered 22 episodes for next season right out of the gate this time.

Wondering what else has been cancelled or renewed? Check our updated list of current NBC shows.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Grimm has been renewed? Were you worried that it would be cancelled? What would you like to see happen in season two?

Stephanie April 1, 2012 at 1:07 pm

We are excited Grimm has been picked up for a second season. We love Monroe!!!

Max March 31, 2012 at 8:12 pm

There are things in the show that can use some improvement. For instance they need to do something with Nick’s girlfriend quick. Either tell her what’s going on, kill her or have her leave him because that plotline is dead and the damsel in distress thing with her is already old. There’s a couple other things as well, but I really do like the show a lot and am really glad they’re bringing it back for a second season. Reminds me of the more monster/supernatural centric episodes of X-files. Definitely one of my favorite new shows and the only reason I tune into NBC.

Kim March 27, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I love Grimm! Very original and Monroe is great!

Kat March 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I love the show. I just started getting into it, I’ve seen all the espiode expect for the two last ones. I love David (Nick), his so cute and amazing!!! Happy the show got picked up for season two :D

purposepassionprosperity March 22, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Great show! extremely pleased GRIMM will stay on the airwaves. No matter what I make sure to see every show on TV or online. Love, love everything about this show especially the way you can see the same kind of serpents, dragons, grimm characters in real people. I swear I can see people in meetings turning into a monster of some type.. for real :)

Druillet March 22, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I was hoping for it and didn’t get disappointed! Glad that Grimm was renewed… So say we all!

Jeff Conte March 21, 2012 at 7:12 am

I’m glad that Grimm has been renewed by NBC for a second season. I especially like the episodes when Eddie Monroe (Nick’s sidekick, a blutbad, played by Silas Weir Mitchell) is in them.

Polykeys March 19, 2012 at 8:22 am

So happy to hear Grimm is being renewed. There are so few good dramas on TV. this show is also very witty. Hope that some reoccuring visits start next year. We don’t wanna run out of fairy tells.

Anonymous March 18, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Glad it is still going, great show!

Ann March 17, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Love Grimm. Glad to hear it is going to be on for a second season!

Mis411 March 16, 2012 at 8:12 pm

This is my fave show on NBC. Thank goodness it was renewed. I normally don’t follow network series but this is the best since Heroes!

purposepassionprosperity March 22, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Agree 100% definitely follow show every week.

Craig March 16, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Excellent news. I am looking forward to seeing more details into Nick and the captain.

Why Watch March 16, 2012 at 12:13 pm

At least something good will be on Friday after the inevitable cancellation of Fringe.

Hope I’m wrong about Fringe being cancelled though. Grimm and Fringe are my two top shows.

Anthony March 16, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I’ve enjoyed it so far, though the “critter of the week” is getting a bit tired. Hopefully they’ll start advancing a bit more some of the medium-to-long term plots they’ve laid down.

purposepassionprosperity March 22, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Lighten up Anthony. Have some fun. GRIMM is fun and keeps you wanting more. The critters as you call them are “great storyteller figment of many people’s imagination”. Relax, enjoy, or go in the serious corner and read the book. For now most people just want to relax, laugh, enjoy, and think about the many people who remind us of the “critters”.

Kat March 16, 2012 at 11:44 am

Considering it’s one of NBC’s best-performing series, the renewal wasn’t a surprise, but I’m very happy! It’s the only thing I watch on NBC.