Growing Up Fisher: NBC Sitcom Cancelled After One Season

Growing Up Fisher canceledNBC has decided to cancel their struggling comedy Growing Up Fisher after a single season of 13 episodes. While there won’t be a second season, there are still two new episodes to come.

Growing Up Fisher follows an unorthodox family that becomes closer after the parents divorce. The cast includes Elfman, J. K. Simmons, Eli Baker, Ava Deluca-Verley, and Lance Lim. Jason Bateman is the show’s narrator.

The sitcom started off with okay ratings — at least when compared to NBC’s other comedies. They dropped over the course of the season however and hit a new series low this week with a 1.2 demo rating and 5.05 million total viewers. That surely didn’t help this show’s chances.

There are two unaired episodes remaining and NBC has announced that they will air in a one-hour block on Wednesday, May 28th.

What do you think? Did you like this sitcom? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled it or renewed Growing Up Fisher for season two?

Liz September 16, 2014 at 11:37 pm

We have been waiting for season 2 to start. This was one of the few shows we could watch as a family and we thought it was a great show. We always watched it on demand when we had time but we couldn’t wait for a new episode ! Please bring this show back!

Anet September 14, 2014 at 7:26 pm

My family was so looking forward to the 2nd season! So disappointed that it got cancelled! Please bring them all back, the actors were fabulous and the real life situations were well played out. This show needs to come back! We loved it!!!!

Tracy September 13, 2014 at 11:32 am

I want it back! C’mon it was a great show! Tracy

Sara September 6, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Shame on who ever make these decisions… Must be a miserable person who hates funny drama

Tracy September 13, 2014 at 11:26 am

Ditto Sarah! Luv this show omg!

Debbie September 4, 2014 at 11:25 pm

I am soooo disappointed “Growing Up Fisher” is being cancelled. It was entertaining and just a feel good, clean sitcom! NBC – please bring it back!

Monica September 4, 2014 at 1:51 pm

So, so, so sad! One of the few shows my teenage daughter and I enjoyed together. Clean, funny, and so smart. Great characters and very well written.

Sandie August 25, 2014 at 9:27 pm

I’m so disappointed ! My family and I loved this show. I can’t believe it’s been cancelled. We couldn’t wait for it to come on each week and would watch it again, on demand. NBC has made a big, big mistake. I hope you reconsider. I never even thought about this being canceled. Was looking so forward to watching again season 2 in October. I was checking to find out the aire date when I saw it has been cancelled. The writers should look for another network . Good clean family shows are desperately needed. There are too many smut shows on now. Shame on NBC.

Janis Peet August 21, 2014 at 2:54 am

We LOVED this show. It was clever, fun and non violent. It did not insult your intelligence. There are to few top rate shows like this. You have to many violent, reality and totally ridiculous shows on. There are millions of families and other people that enjoy funny good shows that are family friendly. I know this is way to late but please bring back this show for those of us who have values about why we watch and balance out the viewing field.

Theresa Short August 13, 2014 at 10:16 pm

This is an awesome show!! I am so disappointed in the network for cancelling!! It was so well written and acted. There are so very few options on TV for quality funny family entertainment and this was one of them. In spite of starting late, and its time slot being messed with, we sought it out – the issue was not with the show but with how NBC marketed it. Unfortunately there are no decent shows remaining on NBC that fit family friendly.

Anonymous August 8, 2014 at 11:50 pm

What a shame–I don’t watch TV and this show hit me hooked–

bubbielove55 August 5, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I cannot believe this fabulous, interesting across the board, fun and funny show is over.

This is one of the funniest shows since “Big Bang”. Please give it one more season to prove itself!!!

Great cast, great characters, great situation, what more do you want?

Jim August 1, 2014 at 11:10 pm

The only show I watched on NBC. I was looking to see when season 2 would start when I discovered the show was cancelled. A smartly written comedy, it was the only sitcom I’ve laughed at since Frasier. Your problem was marketing, not the show. What a bone-headed decision to cancel it.

Renee July 29, 2014 at 10:44 am

This was a great show! Funny, witty, family oriented. Better than most junk on TV. Of course when you air it late, change it’s airing time every few weeks people will not watch it. I hate TV now, just reality crap and Keeping up with overly rich people, who are only famous because we have nothing else to watch.

NaLee July 18, 2014 at 7:47 pm

You broke my heart I LOVE this show..It made me laugh..Sad…..Cricket

Anonymous August 17, 2014 at 6:12 am

I love this show it witty and funny omg I love this show! I can’t beleive it’s gone! Tracy
Brunner!

Vto July 17, 2014 at 8:45 am

You got to be KIDDING< this was a great show, and yet you cancelled it, another stupid supid mistake, what is WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!!! Get your s—- together, put it backon theline of shows to watch, clean, obvious funny show with goodgood actors, you guys discuss me.

Anonymous August 17, 2014 at 6:14 am

I agree vto great show now gone!