Growing Up Fisher: NBC Sitcom Cancelled After One Season

Growing Up Fisher canceledNBC has decided to cancel their struggling comedy Growing Up Fisher after a single season of 13 episodes. While there won’t be a second season, there are still two new episodes to come.

Growing Up Fisher follows an unorthodox family that becomes closer after the parents divorce. The cast includes Elfman, J. K. Simmons, Eli Baker, Ava Deluca-Verley, and Lance Lim. Jason Bateman is the show’s narrator.

The sitcom started off with okay ratings — at least when compared to NBC’s other comedies. They dropped over the course of the season however and hit a new series low this week with a 1.2 demo rating and 5.05 million total viewers. That surely didn’t help this show’s chances.

There are two unaired episodes remaining and NBC has announced that they will air in a one-hour block on Wednesday, May 28th.

What do you think? Did you like this sitcom? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled it or renewed Growing Up Fisher for season two?

WeS November 25, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I’ve been waiting for the season to start backup. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I never missed an episodes, PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! I’m sick of all the same programs, reality, vampire, dracula ect… Thank you in advance.

Whispers November 20, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Both me and my son LOVED the sitcom and was awaiting other episodes, only to check this site and find it was cancelled. That’s disappointing, I think it does deserve a second chance. My son is 13 and likes it so you can imagine it must have some potential (a teen likes it). I think it is just in a battle with the many other tv shows airing now. I’ve grown weiry of the same ole same ole sex, murder drama. This show was truly refreshing, I’ve even saved the episodes to re-view them. I don’t think it’s because it’s lacking anything. It had everything I liked in a show. Give it another chance NBC.

Dan November 17, 2014 at 8:36 am

Wa one of my fvorite shows! They seem to cancel the good ones, Bring Back!

M. Fisher November 13, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I meant to say many many more seasons.

M. Fisher November 13, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I loved it and want any more seasons. They did not advertise it very well. I found the show by a fluke and it became my new favorite show instantly. Who makes these decisions — they need to get a new job.

Anonymous November 9, 2014 at 8:13 pm

I just loved this show and was looking forward to the new season…please somebody pick up this show

Anonymous November 3, 2014 at 10:36 pm

My family loved the show! So sad it is cancelled! What a bad choice NBC!!

Bob October 31, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Problem with this show was it didn’t focus on why was jumping into bed with who. Sad to say, that is what America likes.

MMC October 29, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Love Growing up Fisher! I was looking forward to start watching it again. Very disappointed when I found out that NBC canceled it. Bring it back NBC!!

Anonymous October 24, 2014 at 1:56 pm

it’s a shame the general public who watches TV didn’t find the entertainment of this show worthy to keep it going. It was funny, REAL, and actually a show most families could watch TOGETHER…go figure. It was a great motivator to our visually impaired students and an eye opener to their peers.

John October 24, 2014 at 8:35 am

No, the big networks continue to cancel good tv and replace it with more, very over played, American star search stuff. Understand it is a profit thing but basically I no longer watch the big four anymore. Moved to cables stations.

These shows don’t follow the normal model

Eli Stone
Growing up Fisher
Go On…etc

Greg l. October 19, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Growing up fisher and given a second chance
I believe would have pole vaulted the series into
A possible long running show .

Karen October 19, 2014 at 7:23 pm