Hannah Montana: Disney Channel Confirms Series Ending, No Season Five

Hannah MontanaBack in June 2009, it was reported that pop sensation Miley Cyrus had decided to say goodbye to Hannah Montana, the Disney Channel series that made her a star. The word is now official but there’s still plenty to come.

Hannah Montana revolves around Miley Stewart (Miley Cyrus), an average high school student. Unknown to most of her classmates, is also secretly a singing sensation named Hannah Montana. Miley moved from Tennessee to Malibu with her single-father and manager, Robby Stewart (real-life dad Billy Ray Cyrus), and her brother Jackson (Jason Earles). Miley’s family and friends, like Lilly (Emily Osment) and Oliver (Mitchel Musso), are among the few who know Hannah Montana’s true identity.

The series debuted on March 24, 2006 and has been a huge success for the Disney Channel. It’s paved the way for several successful albums, a concert, a feature film, and hundreds of related products. But, Miley Cyrus is getting older and apparently wants to move on to do other things.

In June, Miley’s father said that season four would be the last for Hannah Montana and commended his daughter for wanting to end the show in the right way.

Should Hannah Montana end with season four?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

He said, “Quite frankly, I give a lot of credit to Miley for taking it to another year. She didn’t want it to just end with whatever was the last episode we did. She wanted it to build to where there’s a moral to the story, to where it doesn’t just end and go away and that’s it. She wanted there to be an official ending to Hannah Montana.”

The Disney Channel has now confirmed that season four will indeed be the end. Adam Bonnett, Disney Channel Worldwide’s senior VP/programming, told the NY Post, “You never know in this business . . . but right now we’re scheduled to wrap [forever] after shooting this new batch of episodes.”

Thankfully for fans, there’s plenty of new episodes on the way before the big series finale. The third season of Hannah Montana will wrap up with a one-hour episode in March. It’s titled “Is Miley Saying Goodbye?” and Miley makes her big decision; to continue being Hannah Montana or to just be a regular girl.

Season four will pick up the storyline in late spring and will revolve around the ramifications of Miley’s big choice. Film actor Ray Liotta will guest star in the season opener and Two and a Half Men’s Angus T. Jones will guest star in a later episode.

The season and series will wrap up with a special one-hour series finale. It’s unknown when that will air but new episodes are expected to roll out over at least the next year.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Hannah Montana is coming to an end or do you think they’re making the right decision?

demonking February 16, 2011 at 10:43 pm

it sucks that HM is over man. but ehhh the ending was 2 damn sad. it really brought one tear two my damn eyes. it was a shocker for me in ways i thought it woulda ended in 2013 after they both graduated from college

nora February 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm

omgoodness WAT DO U MEAN NO MORM HANNAHA MONTANA =*(

bob February 5, 2011 at 1:07 pm

hey guys i know the feeling i didnt like how it just stopped i at least think that they should do a movie saying what is happening in college! i mean they can, shouldn’t, better not leave us hanging like that.

mariam February 3, 2011 at 6:34 am

seriously dont end hannah montana I actually cried at the end

Leah February 1, 2011 at 7:30 am

Miley is a grown woman now. Her acting capabilities are there, and she is more than talented. She will be just fine and so will everyone else! It was a great show, with great comedic timing, but moving on to new things isn’t a bad thing. All of the characters on the show were wonderful and I am sure we will see them do many other things. Good Luck Miley Cyrus. I am a parent of two young boys and well….we loved watching your show. Even they understand it is time for Miley to move on….she is older. If two young boys can recognize this, I think the rest of the world can as well. We haven’t seen the last of any of these characters, I guarentee it!

Michaela January 31, 2011 at 1:51 am

Nooo, I want Hannah Montana, it´s sooooo good TV show. I´m 16 and I still love it…
The last part of season 4- I cried, I don´t want end

nora February 13, 2011 at 1:53 pm

ME EITHER

Anonymous January 30, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I think they should make season five about her in colledge then her starting to just go on without caring so much. Question are you still gonna do concerts with hannah montana because I wanted to go to one but I still didnt go to one.

Michaela January 31, 2011 at 1:53 am

I agree

thea January 29, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I do not think that now that Miley is groin up she don’t have to do the movie anymore.I really will miss her.

chloe January 29, 2011 at 11:21 am

thanks alot for ending hanna montan gosh loads of children love u soo much , you may think your too old but for ur fans dont they love you .

alex January 26, 2011 at 7:25 pm

dont end hannah montana

Tim Lawrence January 24, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Miley- your secret was everything so’ why give it up? You cant do this to me. please be hannah forever or Ill be sad and tears will come. Seeing it end was heart breaking so please do season 5 already. Its my favorite show.

Anonymous January 22, 2011 at 11:45 pm

i think it would be a big misstake if they end season 4 as the last one because there are so many children that watch her on tv they love her and to tell you the truth i love the show but sham on miley she is messing up her life have you seen her new songs they are not her that is not her she is acting like well like i said not her she will fall apart after disney channel that is her life that is how she mad money and that is how she dissapointed millions of children i would be happy if she would pull her head out of her butt and smell the roses so yes it will be a sham to end it i think it is A BAD IDEA!! new flash miley grow up and realize that you are messing up your life i hear in school “have you seen miley she looks like a slut,”you see you dont be a jerk and do this to your self and stop thinking about just your self you greety person so i bet all you people out there would agree we all love who miley was but she has left a big scar on her life and she will be rememberd as the girl who no one cares about anymore and the heart breaker to children miley CHILDREN SHAM ON YOU!!!

nikolas January 19, 2011 at 11:47 pm

you tell your dad that the season is nt done

girlsayawwwwwwwwww December 30, 2010 at 8:45 pm

lilly looked really sad when she took off the wig I think those were real tears btw talking about Emily Osment maybe they could replace her well… it wouldn’t be tht great

girlsayawwwwwwwwww December 30, 2010 at 8:42 pm

stop! just stop! This is stupid she may grow up but can’t she continue I mean it’s not a big deal I’ve seen shows go on ever since I’ve moved to this place and it has the same ppl or at least some and btw like 10 yrs the first time I heard about the show was a pretty long time a go and I was like waaaat? and used to get soo annoyed cauz of my friends when I got everyting properly like cable and all I loved the show season 3 was awesome but season 4 really made u wanna watch every little bit when I stasrted loving the show I used to bug my brother and be like OMG!!!!!!! guess what’s gonna happen a season4 I thought it would go on he didn’t but this time he was right I mean Iwent on demand today so I could watch a couple of episodes but it was the one she was at her interwiew so I went to the one before and watched all the episodes starting from the one she reveals her secret I saw the ones b4 ofc so I keep going and I’m like awesome this is never gonna end I keep going and see 11 and 12 I’m like oh yay I click on it and awwwwwww so I do all this research and come all the way till here hope you guys understand I’ve been through hating it and loving it really sad for me cauz now I’m around the age she started (12) =( Anyways if you hate her it’s not a big deal but why? she didn’t make the script and she’s not a bad actor so all I have to say I’ll really miss you!!!