Hannibal: Season One Ratings

Hannibal TV show ratingsNBC’s previous Thursdays at 10pm drama, Do No Harm, was quickly cancelled. Will the network have better luck with Hannibal? We’ll see.

This TV series revolves around the partnership of an FBI criminal profiler (Hugh Dancy) and Doctor Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), a famed forensic psychiatrist (who’s secretly a cannibalistic serial killer). The cast also includes Laurence Fishburne, Caroline Dhavernas, Aaron Abrams, Hettienne Park, Scott Thompson, and Lara Jean Chorostecki. NBC has ordered 13 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Hannibal is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 06/13/13
0.7 in the demo (-22% change) with 2.10 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 1.15 in the demo with 2.90 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 06/06/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.36 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.19 in the demo with 2.98 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 05/30/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.40 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 1.22 in the demo with 3.05 million.

UPDATE: Hannibal has been renewed for a second season of 13 episodes.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 05/23/13
1.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 2.69 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.25 in the demo with 3.13 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 05/16/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 2.46 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.19 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 05/09/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 2.62 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.31 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 05/02/13
1.1 in the demo (+10% change) with 2.61 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.36 in the demo with 3.45 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 04/25/13
1.0 in the demo (-29% change) with 2.40 million (-32% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 3.66 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 04/25/13
Note: NBC opted to not air this episode and released it online as a web episode instead.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 04/18/13
1.4 in the demo (-18% change) with 3.51 million (-20% change).
Season averages: 1.57 in the demo with 4.08 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 04/11/13
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 4.38 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.65 in the demo with 4.37 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 04/04/13
1.6 in the 18-49 demographic with 4.36 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.60 in the demo with 4.36 million.

The show built on lead-in Go On by 45% and it’s the network’s best performance in that timeslot in over a year. Still, this can hardly be considered a winning performance overall.

What do you think? Do you like the Hannibal TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

carly May 11, 2013 at 4:12 am

such a fantastic show, ABSOLUTELY RENEW IT!!!

Steven Guay May 10, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Great show.
Please renew…and I’m not a great Tv series ‘watcher’.
Great writing and acting…and hey! Canadian locales.

Mads_Mikkelsen is superb. He is not acting…he is Hannibal!

Hoosier May 10, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Great actors … well written …RENEW ! ! !

tima May 10, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I can honestly say I have enjoyed Hannibal better than this season’s Mad Men…and I love Mad Men!
NBC better not cancel it!

Jana May 10, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I love this show. I wasn’t sure at first because of the gore, but it is an excellent show. Those who don’t like the gore or the show itself, just don’t watch it. I know there are other people out there like me who, once you give it a chance, become addicted. RENEW!!!

Olya Karnes-Lotterhos May 10, 2013 at 7:33 pm

SAVE HANNIBAL It’s the best show I’ve seen on TV for a while! It’s better than The Walking Dead! I LOVE THIS! I love the books and all the movies and this show is just sparks my love for this genre again. OH AND GRIMM SUCKS! yeah I said it! I gave it a chance and I just don’t give a fuck about that show anymore. The character development isn’t not the best I’ve seen especially the wife she is just so boring. Hannibal at least is WONDERFUL done very beautiful too look at. Sure the matter of the show are dark but I think America is ready for that. I mean the walking dead is more violent. ((though i do watch both shows. )) I hope the keep Hannibal I wish they would already let me know so I would know if I should start crying or cheering.

Nic May 11, 2013 at 5:48 am

I agree! I watched Grimm. It was nice and interessting in the beginning, but actually I don’t care about the keys story anymore. Each episode feels the same, with discovering another wesen, who look pretty damn fake btw… The characters don’t have any depth au contraire to Hannibal! Series need some kind of sustainability and i see that in Hannibal. Like for example Supernatural, i also still watch, they discover new creatures like grimm but there is happening a lot more en those broters are just awesome brilliant characters. Grimm feels a bit empthy on that point…

Samantha May 10, 2013 at 6:13 pm

This is one of the best shows I’ve seen in a very long time. DO NOT CANCEL.

B May 10, 2013 at 6:12 pm

This is one of the only smartest, stylish, and beautiful shows that is on TV. Please renew, for the story, the actors and the characters, the writing, the cinematography… This show is amazing. This interpretation of Red Dragon is the most creative adaptations that I have ever seen.

Susan May 10, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Hannibal NEEDS TO BE RENEWED. The story and the characters as so intelligent, engaging, and interesting. Each episode is better than the previous episode. I don’t want to imagine tv without Hannibal.

THERE IS NO QUESTION ABOUT IT…..RENEW HANNIBAL NOW!!!

Carol W May 10, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Renew Renew Renew!!! Love this show! It has so many possibilities!!

Lincoln May 10, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I do not find a lot of things worth watching on Network TV these days, so I have been very surprised by Hannibal. It is really good and intelligently done. I would love to see just how much more so it would be no constricted to NBC. The comment above about horrible boring acting is extremely misguided. The 2 leads are very nuanced, and Mads is a presence.

Linda Lane May 10, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Cancel this piece of crap. Horrible acting, Hugh and Mads are completely boring. LF as Jack is wasting his precious time for this losuy far-fetched disaster. It sucks the big red one~~

orchidsage May 10, 2013 at 3:34 pm

HANNIBAL is the BEST series show I’ve EVER seen in my whole life. Alk the actors are amazing and rich. Please do RENEW HANNIBAL

RENEW HANNIBAL

RENEW HANNIBAL

RENEW HANNIBAL

RENEW HANNIBAL

Nina May 10, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Por que! Why ! Why would NBC CANCELLED such a perfect, intelligent and beautiful show! Just give it time , is the only show I race home after a 16 hours work day, sometimes I don’t even change clothes! Por favor please don’t cancel Hannibal!

mary May 10, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Oh come on now ? How could NBC even think about canceling Hannibal, this one of your best shows in awhile ,great story lines, excellent acts. Please do not cancel we love this show ( outstanding ) A+ !!!!!